Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Questions On Machines For Detailing

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Apr 26 2013, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also avaiable at Duragloss.com.my if you want easy access to those stuff + the ROB Bosch.

Just got my orders from Liew-san aka bro. mubull.
One white CCS and one flat, with a gallon each of DG QD and Aquawax..... smile_wink.gif

jonlsl

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 27 2013, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One white CCS and one flat, with a gallon each of DG QD and Aquawax..... smile_wink.gif

Bugger I got AW gallon, I thaught plenty already. You got gallon of QD and AW. You use so much QD for what oh?

CoffeeDude

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
Mix 10ml with 300ml water for daily morning breakfast drink?

kekekeke

g88

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 27 2013, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can share some ?

KrisMas

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Apr 26 2013, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KrisMas-san,

Tq. I'm not into show car shine, as all my cars are daily beater. So a decent amount of protection is all I've been doing all these years. Just that my Ortho Surgeon restrict me from using my hand too much for doing rather heavy duty work, kinda ban me from doing manual detailing work, unfortunately.

Question. The Bosch you mentioned seems to be rather high spinning. Unsure, would an adjustable speed machine like Makita be better ?

The abovementioned Bosch is a random orbital machine...designed for sanding wood. It doesn't rotate. It moves accentrically on a loose spindle and whatever rotation induced is generated from friction. And it also have variable speed control. If you're in doubt, there's a small 'machine try-out' session on the morning of 1st May with a few enthusiasts who want to try out different machines before choosing the one most suitable for their personal usage. You're most welcome to join.

vr2turbo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Apr 27 2013, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bugger I got AW gallon, I thaught plenty already. You got gallon of QD and AW. You use so much QD for what oh?

My QD/105 combo mah! Last time no AW, use QD/105 after every wash and 3 cars. Now with AW, should last longer, alternate between them... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Apr 27 2013, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can share some ?

I use a lot.... smile_tongue.gif

KrisMas

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Apr 26 2013, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KrisMas-san,

Tq. I'm not into show car shine, as all my cars are daily beater. So a decent amount of protection is all I've been doing all these years. Just that my Ortho Surgeon restrict me from using my hand too much for doing rather heavy duty work, kinda ban me from doing manual detailing work, unfortunately.

Question. The Bosch you mentioned seems to be rather high spinning. Unsure, would an adjustable speed machine like Makita be better ?

The small 'machine try-out' session is on.

Location/Google map coord: 3.082181,101.527091
It's in Seksyen 9, Shah Alam. The place is a car wash shop that utilise high pressure vapour steam instead of the normal hose+water. Goes by the name of Salam Car Boutique.

Time: 10am (but we'd start when everybody's ready.....hehehe)

Most welcome to come over and try out the different machines yourself so that easier to decide.

Regards.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Apr 30 2013, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The small 'machine try-out' session is on.

Location/Google map coord: 3.082181,101.527091
It's in Seksyen 9, Shah Alam. The place is a car wash shop that utilise high pressure vapour steam instead of the normal hose+water. Goes by the name of Salam Car Boutique.

Time: 10am (but we'd start when everybody's ready.....hehehe)

Most welcome to come over and try out the different machines yourself so that easier to decide.

Regards.

Had something to do that day. How did it go?

newcarfrk

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

newcarfrk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 3 2013, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had something to do that day. How did it go?

yeah, pics! pics! smile_tongue.gif