Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Questions On Machines For Detailing

• Please log in to reply

spirit36

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (dschia @ Sep 16 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tt = that, sorry ah i din mean yum cha..

G220 in SG is abt 300 plus range. As everybody desire and working method is unique, you will nv get a standard answer for what to get. For my case since as of now detailing is my rice bowl, i really die die can't do without a rotary, it is the most accessible and cheapest compared to machines like Meg 220, makita bo6040, flex 3403 anyway.

Wow...in SG the G220 ard SD300....thats half of the price in Msia..
what is the price for Makita? he he.. smile_thumbup.gif

GRexer

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

GRexer

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
QUOTE (dschia @ Sep 16 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tt = that, sorry ah i din mean yum cha..

G220 in SG is abt 300 plus range. As everybody desire and working method is unique, you will nv get a standard answer for what to get. For my case since as of now detailing is my rice bowl, i really die die can't do without a rotary, it is the most accessible and cheapest compared to machines like Meg 220, makita bo6040, flex 3403 anyway.

Mind if I ask where to get the G220 for SGD300? Am making a trip down to Singapore and would be interested to get a unit. smile_thumbup.gif

g88

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (GRexer @ Sep 17 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mind if I ask where to get the G220 for SGD300? Am making a trip down to Singapore and would be interested to get a unit. smile_thumbup.gif

if you could affort buying DA, i would suggest you get RB.

spirit36

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
RB = Dangerous if falls on the wrong hand or even wrong technic...
Need skill and experienced first.
DA = Safe to use...

mankarat

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
DA produce sound higher than rb... have to consider that also... dont disturb your neighbour with high sound from DA

g88

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
+ soon or later you might find not 'enough' cutting power on your tool...

To be safe, start with ROB....play around with it..until you find yourself really need heavy duty like compounding...than get RB

DA is in between....so you will stuck in between either smile_tongue.gif

KrisMas

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (GRexer @ Sep 17 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've read that autobac is selling them. Get hold of Madetailer, he should be able to hook you up.

Regards.

dschia

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

dschia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
You can get it from places like autobac, carrefour, Singapore hypercoat etc. The prices is around 300+ depending on whether discount is on or not. Makita 9227c is around 300 mark also. Let me know if ya interested to buy, i can get you the address to get the various items.

dschia

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

dschia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Sep 17 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RB = Dangerous if falls on the wrong hand or even wrong techic...
Need skill and experienced first.
DA = Safe to use...

I feel that the fastest way to learn is to make mistake, when using RB, best is get a scrap panel and test. Do some dry buffing, early polish removal, tilt slightly and try burning through the paintwork then try finish down defect free under various lighting. This will help to uds and judge better what the RB can achieve and damage. It is not as difficult as many claim but requires a little practise. It is just like driving, it is difficult at the start but soon you will get use to it after driving for few times. However, even if you are experience, if ya not focus, you can still go into a accident..

QUOTE (g88 @ Sep 17 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be safe, start with ROB....play around with it..until you find yourself really need heavy duty like compounding...than get RB

Have to see ganna poison how deep, if venomous posion, better get rotary.. LOL

vr2turbo

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Sep 15 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeap. Crazy is normal in Boleh Land. Oh....did I mention that it's still stuck in the SIRIM testing facility awaiting approval for retail.

Firstly, good info on the machine even though explained by TH0001.... smile_thumbup.gif
secondly, I was about to ask whether Sirim approved or not and found your post.......kekeke smile_big.gif

QUOTE (g88 @ Sep 17 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, if going in deep, get the RB. Whether dangerous or not, practice makes perfect...... smile_thumbup.gif