Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mitsubishi Triton Facelift Launched

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Sep 7 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehehe, bro jay, she was also there at the Alfa Mito launch. YS' article here: Alfa Romeo Mito - Desire Has a New Name.

Wow!! Gunner, you do have good memory on the models you've met. You might meet her again for 3rd time and she'll might be yours. Lol!! laugh.gif

TheGunner

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Sep 8 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow!! Gunner, you do have good memory on the models you've met. You might meet her again for 3rd time and she'll might be yours. Lol!! laugh.gif

hehehe.... if you look at the pictures carefully and compare, you would find that the models are being recycled from car launch to car launch one. smile_big.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

jayraptor

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Sep 8 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehehe.... if you look at the pictures carefully and compare, you would find that the models are being recycled from car launch to car launch one. smile_big.gif

Hi Gunner!
True, not just car launch, even for motorshow, race & streettuner events. The models are from the same few modelling firms. Chinese people often mentioned, if you managed to meet the same gal coincidently for more than 3 times, she could be yours. Hahaha!!! See whether you have luck with her in future... smile_big.gif

alxand

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:04 AM

alxand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
well the cargo size did increase, it looks more mean for the facelift now than earlier... next inline i hope the engine will be tuned higher, but sadly... we got to wait till we get better diesel here... euro2 is still far behind euro tat's on euro 5 now n heading euro 6, but if the give euro3 here then i believe we can have triton running on their optimum... try thai or sing euro3 diesel... u feel the diff...

regards

alxand_mitsubishi@yahoo.com
ss2,Pj

jayraptor

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (alxand @ Sep 10 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well the cargo size did increase, it looks more mean for the facelift now than earlier... next inline i hope the engine will be tuned higher, but sadly... we got to wait till we get better diesel here... euro2 is still far behind euro tat's on euro 5 now n heading euro 6, but if the give euro3 here then i believe we can have triton running on their optimum... try thai or sing euro3 diesel... u feel the diff...

regards

alxand_mitsubishi@yahoo.com
ss2,Pj

Hi alxand,

Yes, the cargo bed increase is really good. With that cargo space, it could really fit a Kawasaki ZX6R real well. The Triton engine is already tuned to the most optimum. Tuning it further will deteriorates its FC. It could only tune further to match Navara's 400Nm torque only if it replaced its turbocharger with Variable Geometry Turbocharger.

VGT is turbocharger version of valve timing like MIVEC, VVT-i, i-VTEC, etc. It could change the amount of air intake depends on engine speed could help saving fuel. More air requires more fuel. With VGT, at low speed, the actuator allows less air into the combustion, while at high speed will allow more air in. Without VGT, at low speed will receive same amount of air causing wastage of fuel.

Yes, higher grade fuel could generate better efficiency due to higher calories and less difficult to burn. Euro 2 and Ron 97 onwards are less encouraged to be brought in. There's reason why not giving you the nice fuel. If you get Euro 5 diesel, your Triton will get way better FC without side effect as using Euro 1.

benny1001

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

benny1001

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts
QUOTE (erzer111 @ Sep 4 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It still dont look any better to me than before. I think it needed a butt-lift not a face lift! That saggy ass lookin rear also wobble like crazy over bump. definitely got little chassis rigid here. This Mitsu disappoint me from day one launch, compare with Storm big step backward in my opinion.

Comparing Triton and Navara, which one wobbles more when going thru bumpy roads?

TheGunner

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
A new limited edition of the Triton has just been launched. Limited to 300 units.

Story here: Mitsubishi introduces Triton Bold Edition
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

tpl

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
ever since they installed the longer version deck not nice liao..
2012 NMT President

duanejacob

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

duanejacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Very much similar to the front end of the montero! Just like any other suv's it shares the same platform.
Drive Cars that are Green Powered

ghost007

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

ghost007

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
QUOTE (duanejacob @ Feb 9 2012, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very much similar to the front end of the montero! Just like any other suv's it shares the same platform.

The new VGT Triton is RM 105,997 with no reverse camera