Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Design Autoworld’s 10th Anniversary Logo Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TheGunner

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Alright people, Autoworld's celebrating its 10th anniversary. As part of the celebrations, we're organizing a contest for all Autoworld members to help us design a commemorative logo to mark this milestone.

The winning entry gets an RM1,000 cash prize. Details are in the Emzine, but if you need reminding, here are the T & Cs.

Design Autoworld’s 10th Anniversary Logo Contest

* Contest is open to all Autoworld members aged 18 and above. Not an Autoworld member? Don't worry, register yourself as a member for FREE. (Look for that icon labeled 'Sign Up' at the top right hand corner.)
* Contestants may send as many entries as they wish, but all entries must be original works of the contestant.
* The designed logo (herein referred to as “the design”) must feature legibly and prominently, the words “Autoworld.com.my”, “10th Anniversary”, and “1999-2009”
* The design may incorporate the existing Autoworld.com.my logo. It is available for download in .gif and .ai formats in the forum.
* The design must not infringe on copyrights of other parties. It must NOT incorporate recognizable design elements from registered trademarks. E.g. Nike’s tick, Honda’s big-H, or BMW’s propeller badge. We can get sued for things like these, you know.
* The design may be submitted in any supported PC graphic formats. We prefer Adobe Illustrator format, but we will happy take in JPEG or GIF as well.
* The design must fit entirely into a resolution of 538 x 148 pixels.
* Contestants acknowledge that upon submission, all rights to the design are released to Autoworld.com.my. Don’t worry, we will credit you accordingly. We also reserve the right to publish all entries on our website.
* The winning entry will be used as the official logo for our 10th anniversary celebrations, but we reserve the right to edit / modify the selected logo at our discretion.
* Prize for the winning entry is RM1,000. There will only be one winner.
* Winner or a representative must be available to collect his/her prize at a presentation ceremony to be held at a later date.
* Submissions of contest entries are to be done solely via email to wlkon@autoworld.com.my.
* Email submissions must be of the following format:
o Email Subject: “Design Autoworld’s 10th Anniversary Logo”
o State Autoworld userid
o Attachment of the logo design
o State your Name, IC Number, Tel.no.
* Proof of sending is not considered proof of receipt until an official acknowledgment is received.
* Deadline of submission: 26 Sept 2009, 11:59pm. Entries received beyond this time will not be entertained.
* Autoworld.com.my reserves the right to refuse any entries without the need for explanation.
* Judges decisions are final, non-reversible, and non-negotiable. No correspondence will be entertained, and we reserve the absolute right not to discuss or negotiate why this wins and not that. This is, after all, a contest with subjective criteria.

The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
If you wish to feature Autoworld's logo in your design, here it is in GIF format.

Remember to shrink the final design to 538 x 148 pixels!

Attached Thumbnails

• autoworld_logo_big.gif

The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Write-up in the Emzine here.

We are preparing the ".ai" version of the logo for downloading via FTP. Link will be posted as soon as that is ready.

QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 27 2009, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are preparing the ".ai" version of the logo for downloading via FTP. Link will be posted as soon as that is ready.

Here it is: Autoworld Logo

The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Here's our first submission. From nylonbody.

autoworld_10th_Anniversary_logo.gif

We think it's a good one. Anyone can do better?
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

rikeys

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 27 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's our first submission. From nylonbody.

autoworld_10th_Anniversary_logo.gif

We think it's a good one. Anyone can do better?

aiks cannot see link says must login! apasal!

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

TheGunner

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (rikeys @ Aug 30 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aiks cannot see link says must login! apasal!

You got that response even after logging in?
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

beni

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

beni

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
yup, still cant see the link after logging in ... huh.gif
p e r s u a d e : c h a n g e : i n f l u e n c e

beni

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

beni

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
and... is that all submission will be post on this thread ?? or there's gallery for all the logos ?? huh.gif
p e r s u a d e : c h a n g e : i n f l u e n c e

TheGunner

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (beni @ Sep 1 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup, still cant see the link after logging in ... huh.gif

I'll address this first thing in the office tomorrow.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:03 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (beni @ Sep 1 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and... is that all submission will be post on this thread ?? or there's gallery for all the logos ?? huh.gif

There are no gallery for submissions. The logo I have posted is the only one we have received thus far, which came within 2+ hours of us activating the contest.

Still a long way more, let's see what other fresh ideas come along.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner