Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

308 Drift To Left !

• Please log in to reply

hakimi79

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (dchong @ Aug 15 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I have the exact same problem on my 1 week old ride.

Had it sent for a alignment check and found that it is a camber problem. The right is -Ve and the left is + ve. The camber, btw, is not adjustable. So whatever remedy they do, like rotating tires etc is only temporary.

Not only the car is pulling left, at lower speeds, the steering lacks "feel" and is very vague. Turning one side feels heavier. We buy a Pug coz of it's handling and ride prowess so this problem killing the fun of otherwise a very good car.

How many of you guys are experiencing this?

This is definitely a manufacturing or assembly fault. If it is as common as what i understand, we should make a group claim against them as i believe this problem is curable. Especially during this early period when they can't give us excuses.

If this is the case, so what people are saying is correct i.e. this is not a fault/defect but it is design like that i.e. to be straight on LHD country's road especially France road. Hence, we have to live with it somemore the pulling to left issue is not so obvious and doesn't cause any major problem. Because the camber of the 308 is not adjustable so you just waste ur money and time if you're trying to fix it. I did mine once but the problem still persist. Even Alan's car not 100% fixed.

yishin

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

yishin

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
QUOTE (salmonella @ Aug 15 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi.........going back to the second tyre shop today (authorized by peugeot)....

will keep ur all update...!!!!

i do read the alan's writing.....but i m in Penang..!!!!

If I remember correctly, Alan fixed the problem in Goh Swee Hin KL. Penang also has Goh Swee Hin in Jln Dato Kramat end. Can ask penang GSH to check with KL GSH for the solution.
YiShin

xarpa

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

xarpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
QUOTE (yishin @ Aug 15 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I remember correctly, Alan fixed the problem in Goh Swee Hin KL. Penang also has Goh Swee Hin in Jln Dato Kramat end. Can ask penang GSH to check with KL GSH for the solution.

bro salmonella...i checked out for you. someone strongly recommended Goh Swee Hin as well (same as yishin above). They are located at Jln Dato Keramat after the market...along the shophouses where at night its quite a popular makan place selling koay teow thng and bak kut teh.

the guy told me GSH very experience in fixing big cars (ie contis), he said should be able to solve our problem. ask for the head mech called ah hua.

please try this if your 3rd mechanic still fails...and keep us updated. thanks! smile_thumbup.gif

dchong

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:43 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
So accept a car that pulls left with a dead steering feel?

Look, we bought a new car...with will depreciate badly compared to a same priced Jap. Why should we accept this?
I bought the Pug coz i always enjoyed the ride and the feel of a Conti. I had 2 Citroen, 2 volvos, and i lost a huge amt of money when i sold them BUT i enjoyed my drive.

If most have this problem, we should make a collaborated complaint now and have Peogeot rectify it.

BTW, Wonder anyone can check whether they have the same problem in the UK, Australia, Spore.

KL Auto Accessories Sdn. Bhd.
No: 66, Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff, Kompleks Damai
Off Jalan Ipoh, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-4042 9928 / 603-4044 9928
H/P No: 017-282 3073 (Desmond Chong)
http://www.autofoam.com.my/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Autofoam/193456474019263

chargerguy

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (dchong @ Aug 15 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So accept a car that pulls left with a dead steering feel?

Look, we bought a new car...with will depreciate badly compared to a same priced Jap. Why should we accept this?
I bought the Pug coz i always enjoyed the ride and the feel of a Conti. I had 2 Citroen, 2 volvos, and i lost a huge amt of money when i sold them BUT i enjoyed my drive.

If most have this problem, we should make a collaborated complaint now and have Peogeot rectify it.

BTW, Wonder anyone can check whether they have the same problem in the UK, Australia, Spore.

Totally AGREED!!!... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

wpchin

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

wpchin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Aug 15 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Totally AGREED!!!... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

I tested the THP today, also pull to the left.
But Vti, not so.
Might be 225 45 R17 affected by camber greater.
<P>save the world</P>

salmonella

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

salmonella

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
QUOTE (xarpa @ Aug 15 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro salmonella...i checked out for you. someone strongly recommended Goh Swee Hin as well (same as yishin above). They are located at Jln Dato Keramat after the market...along the shophouses where at night its quite a popular makan place selling koay teow thng and bak kut teh.

the guy told me GSH very experience in fixing big cars (ie contis), he said should be able to solve our problem. ask for the head mech called ah hua.

please try this if your 3rd mechanic still fails...and keep us updated. thanks! smile_thumbup.gif

thanks bro.....my third attempt also failed !!!
my lion still drift to the left.....
some more........i noticed my rear right fog light is not function !!!
Down...down.....really down.....!!!!!

have to disturb my sales again ......i think he's ver scare of answering my phone !!!!

salmonella

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

salmonella

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
QUOTE (xarpa @ Aug 15 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm.....bro...i checked the goh swee hin that u told me...
unfortunately....this is the 1st tyre shop that i went...
they told me...sent back to peugeot.....not allignment problem......!!!!
is some screw problem...which make the left front tyre tilted...!!!!!

so....is this sporadic.....or every lion has it..?
we need to inform peugeot in France...!!!!!!

hereticbar

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
You need to chill bro, I feel your pain sad.gif . Not sure if it will make you feel better but you are not alone. I have the exact same problem on my 308, so far no solution.

Brought my car to Goh Swee Hin while I was in Kuala Lumpur for some business matters. The first thing they told me was they cannot do much to the car since there was nothing to adjust to begin with. Therefore, I was not expecting too much from them. Let's just say I brought it to them in hope rather than with expectation.

I stood right next to the technician the whole time while he worked the tyres on the car. From what I saw, they did not do anything different from the other tyre shop I went to or the peugeot service center. There you have it, it is not like they can perform some "magic" and fix the problem. So you have to manage your expectations and don't expect them to simply fix the problem. However, I hope you have better luck than I do.

And true enough the drifting problem was still there while I was driving back to Johor. On the expressway driving at high speed, my speed was around 130km/h-160km/h, it is even worse because you have to keep making small adjustments to keep the car straight. Well it can get really weary, good news I do not drive long distance very often.

As for the rear fog light (singular), it is working perfectly fine and as it should because there is only one fog light on the left and the one on the right is the reverse light. laugh.gif

wpchin

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

wpchin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
dear hereticbar,

Pulling to the left really so obvious? Last time My Optra also like that, Right side Camber is 0"04',left side close to 0"55', also pull to left, one mechanic adjust toe to compensate it.

until now after tyre run in, problem gone. May be can try it, I will fix it this way if my Vti has the same problem.

After study, I found that CAMBER is not adjustable, it follows camber bolt and nut holes location at the absorber.

Peugeot should make it 0"0' by default. but I wonder why UK ppl no complain (also right hand drive VS France left hand drive)? cannot found one in the internet.
<P>save the world</P>