Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Alfa Mito

• Please log in to reply

Puntonian

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

Puntonian

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
QUOTE (firdausasri @ Aug 24 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had a brief drive on this car. Overall I love it but I had some reservations on the steering feel (mainly), power delivery and gear throw a wee bit plasticky. Of course the price is a bit steep, but then it comes with 4 potters brakes sourced from Brembo smile.gif

Bro,

So, is the performance better than your Pocong? smile.gif

firdausasri

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

firdausasri

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
QUOTE (Puntonian @ Aug 25 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

So, is the performance better than your Pocong? smile.gif

I think MiTo is slightly quicker than stock Polo but it's power delivery is up to individual taste, powerband starts 3.5k till 6.5k rpm.
"Turbo lag is giving a head start for NA. Let them make the first move ...."
-Sidious
http://poconggti.blogspot.com

Puntonian

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

Puntonian

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
QUOTE (firdausasri @ Aug 26 2009, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think MiTo is slightly quicker than stock Polo but it's power delivery is up to individual taste, powerband starts 3.5k till 6.5k rpm.

Ok...I'd prefer stock Polo GTI with power band starting from 1950rpm onwards. smile.gif

However, Mito is better equipped than Pog tho.

firdausasri

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

firdausasri

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
QUOTE (Puntonian @ Aug 26 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok...I'd prefer stock Polo GTI with power band starting from 1950rpm onwards. smile.gif

However, Mito is better equipped than Pog tho.

Wait for MiTo GTA then hehehe
"Turbo lag is giving a head start for NA. Let them make the first move ...."
-Sidious
http://poconggti.blogspot.com

PeNyu

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

PeNyu

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
QUOTE (firdausasri @ Aug 26 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait for MiTo GTA then hehehe

Project MitO GTA have been postpone.....darn!!!

-0-0-

lowpro

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
i just test drove the mito today. i agree with firdausasri that the powerband starts a bit higher up in the rev range. not very comfortable with that and the light steering in the traction and normal modes. steering is heavier in the performance mode though and i like the heavier feel. can't remember the exact names of the modes so please excuse me. but, i guess it is just a matter of getting used to. anyway, the idea of an alfa is to rev it high and hard to extract maximum fun, right? i found the ride a bit bumpy... could be the firm suspension that would aid the handling. maybe i'm more used to the french softer suspension. rained halfway during the drive so i couldn't really take the car through its paces but in normal mode, you need to step a bit harder on the accelerator to get it to move. great in the performance mode where you get the full torque on tap. in traction mode, the esp and traction electronics are more sensitive to slip and step in earlier to help if it senses trouble.

about the interior build and materials, i would say top notch! don't mind having this car though... only if i had the cash. love its unconventional, 8C derived looks though. bold and stylish to me smile.gif
Let's talk about driving again!

davewills

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

davewills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Nice car... But now owned 156.. Really love it.