Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Lancer Vs Civic

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:49 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Nov 4 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not happen? Confirmed look like Fortis already what. Using Gt's platform.

No meh? mellow.gif Now I also blurr liao....

So far no confirmed real rebadged model prototype ever shown and declared. Even the pics shown was actually Lancer Fortis with ori Mitsu badge. Nissan salesman miki mao just can't accept the fact that they Sylphy's interior is so cramped that it shouldn't belong in C-segment compared to its competitors. Having that 1695mm width and giving just point A to B performance, better go for B-segment Mazda2, Latio, City, Vios, etc. Not worth buying for over RM100k category. Since Lancer GL and Altis are real tough competitor for Miki Mao to gain better sales, just can't spreading bad perception on the 2. I give vote #1 to Altis for economic minded people like me while #1 for Lancer for performance oriented people. Mazda 3 & Focus can give it a try for having much passion on them. Sylphy, no thanks. Forte & Cruze yes.. Civic sales already top, no need to mention but not my type though.

sunyatsen

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:51 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 9 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far no confirmed real rebadged model prototype ever shown and declared. Even the pics shown was actually Lancer Fortis with ori Mitsu badge. Nissan salesman miki mao just can't accept the fact that they Sylphy's interior is so cramped that it shouldn't belong in C-segment compared to its competitors. Having that 1695mm width and giving just point A to B performance, better go for B-segment Mazda2, Latio, City, Vios, etc. Not worth buying for over RM100k category. Since Lancer GL and Altis are real tough competitor for Miki Mao to gain better sales, just can't spreading bad perception on the 2. I give vote #1 to Altis for economic minded people like me while #1 for Lancer for performance oriented people. Mazda 3 & Focus can give it a try for having much passion on them. Sylphy, no thanks. Forte & Cruze yes.. Civic sales already top, no need to mention but not my type though.

It seems this fatty just can't stop talking crap here. Anyway, it's your choice to spread lies and continue to mislead people. But too bad, people can just find out the truth easily with just a click of the mouse (and you are just risking your integrity of your opinions). Well, you still have the choice to sell Proton anyway smile_tongue.gif

Jumpman23

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Sylphy, no thanks. Forte & Cruze yes.. Civic sales already top, no need to mention but not my type though.

When come to car, i must said general people will prefer Civic more futuristic and stylish compare to Sylphy (the front bonnet lack of innovation like Sentra only difference is the lamp).

September 2009 market overview reveal the below

Honda Civic September Sales 393 units (Jan 09 - Sept 09) 5,531 units

Asia 2008 car of the year not even make it to the chat with minimum rank taken by
Proton Waja September Sales 324 units (Jan 09 - Sept 09) 2,536 units

Toyota Camry September Sales 984 units (Jan 09 - Sept 09) 5,803 units
Honda Accord September Sales 518 units (Jan 09- Sept 09) 4,737 units

If statistic is genuine, Slyphy is not that popular in Malaysia

sunyatsen

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Nov 15 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When come to car, i must said general people will prefer Civic more futuristic and stylish compare to Sylphy (the front bonnet lack of innovation like Sentra only difference is the lamp).

September 2009 market overview reveal the below

Honda Civic September Sales 393 units (Jan 09 - Sept 09) 5,531 units

Asia 2008 car of the year not even make it to the chat with minimum rank taken by
Proton Waja September Sales 324 units (Jan 09 - Sept 09) 2,536 units

Toyota Camry September Sales 984 units (Jan 09 - Sept 09) 5,803 units
Honda Accord September Sales 518 units (Jan 09- Sept 09) 4,737 units

If statistic is genuine, Slyphy is not that popular in Malaysia

Doesn't need to debate on which car sells better as it doesn't impact me anyway. I got both the Civic and Sylphy in my possesion although I yearned for the BMW 3 series or the Peugeot 308 to replace my Civic smile_big.gif . What I am concern is that the fatty has been spreading lies for his benefit although he is definitely entitled to his personal opinions. People nowadays are just much smarter and they could just drop by in any showrooms to judge with their own eyes or surf through the internet for information. sleep.gif

jayraptor

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (sunyatsen @ Nov 16 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't need to debate on which car sells better as it doesn't impact me anyway. I got both the Civic and Sylphy in my possesion although I yearned for the BMW 3 series or the Peugeot 308 to replace my Civic smile_big.gif . What I am concern is that the fatty has been spreading lies for his benefit although he is definitely entitled to his personal opinions. People nowadays are just much smarter and they could just drop by in any showrooms to judge with their own eyes or surf through the internet for information. sleep.gif

Wah, Miki Mao's earned much commission to buy BMW 3 series or Pug308. Next year fierce competition, see how are you going to compare Sylphy with more cars then. Rise of Korean & Conti...... don't try to use just maintenance prob & resale value, no longer effective coz of more people like me to counter back with facts. Yes, notice that salespeople & marketing staffs mostly own other brand cars. Will buy the brand they are selling only when there's stock clearance on test units. High discount 1 leh..

Yes, people are smarter nowadays especially with internet that comes up with guides on how to evaluate cars. No escape on narrow interior width, the flaws of 1 car, etc. Yes, drop by showroom to check with the given guides will tell how good the interior space is. Test drive not enough for technical inspection, best is to rent 1 to try kaw kaw or get friend who owns 1 to test on behalf. No prob 1.

Oso, next year will have new Civic coming soon & Altis 2.0V facelift will follow suit. Forte & Cruze oso coming. Maybe new Hyundai i30 sedan as well... Tough competition....

Hi jumpman,

Great cut & paste job with Mickey zapping Sylphy... Hahahaha..... Miki Mao sure loves it much.... Hahahahaha.....TQ TQ.

sunyatsen

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:44 PM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 16 2009, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, Miki Mao's earned much commission to buy BMW 3 series or Pug308. Next year fierce competition, see how are you going to compare Sylphy with more cars then. Rise of Korean & Conti...... don't try to use just maintenance prob & resale value, no longer effective coz of more people like me to counter back with facts. Yes, notice that salespeople & marketing staffs mostly own other brand cars. Will buy the brand they are selling only when there's stock clearance on test units. High discount 1 leh..

Hi jumpman,

Great cut & paste job with Mickey zapping Sylphy... Hahahaha..... Miki Mao sure loves it much.... Hahahahaha.....TQ TQ.

I think this fatty is on "estacy" again. Talking without senses... Sigh smile_disapprove.gif Can't get facts, then resort to crap. How pathetic!!!

SplitFire

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (sunyatsen @ Nov 16 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this fatty is on "estacy" again. Talking without senses... Sigh smile_disapprove.gif Can't get facts, then resort to crap. How pathetic!!!

Walamak... smile_shock.gif This Disney war haven't over yet kah? smile_big.gif Ah...
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

sunyatsen

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Nov 16 2009, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Walamak... smile_shock.gif This Disney war haven't over yet kah? smile_big.gif Ah...

He tak boleh tahan when we challenged his comments. From Honda, Toyota & Nissan and now Mitsubishi thread. Everywhere kena belasah and now trying to get some sympathy from the Mitsubishi owners. rolleyes.gif He thought he is always right, hence the continuance of the saga.... smile_big.gif

sunyatsen

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:56 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 9 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wah, now shift to Altis. I thought Lancer is always your no. 1. Come on, why are you so inconsistent???? People who has been following your replies in the Honda, Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi thread knows that your comments just doesn't worth a pinch of salt. You have seen the responses from the other forummers don't you? Well, it's still not too late to edit those replies to preserve some of the little dignity you still have. smile_big.gif

Popcorn

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (sunyatsen @ Nov 17 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, now shift to Altis. I thought Lancer is always your no. 1. Come on, why are you so inconsistent???? People who has been following your replies in the Honda, Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi thread knows that your comments just doesn't worth a pinch of salt. You have seen those replies from the other forummers don't you? Well, it's still not too late to edit those replies to preserve some of the little dignity you still have. smile_big.gif

Actually tested the new Mazda 3 sport over the weekend.. 1st impression, dash looks nice and well built. Exterior looks... more like a toy car. As for driving it, pick-up of the 2.0 I dun find it any quicker than Sylphy all the way to 120kph (within legal limit), hence i doubt it';s quicker than Civic 2.0. Am no boy-racer hence back to comfort, front seats ok... but rear wise, a bit strait and for my height of 5ft 11in avg built and with the salesman seated beside I dun find it much wider than Sylphy (mebe due to thick door trims also and legroom poor just ngam ngam if the driver also my height... and the rear roof slanting down (sports sedan design) like a Gen2.. not that good as compared with other sedans when gain entry or exit.

In short, Mazda 3 pretty good if u are a youngster and normally seat 2 pax in the car. And surprised that some ppl said can comfortably sit 3 pax behind! Given avg size fellas i wud think ngam ngam and hard to plug in the middle seat belt and interior width something like Dugong Vios and new City sahaja....
Cruiser