Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Can We Trust Proton?

• Please log in to reply

cmboy

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

cmboy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Aug 28 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol! maybe in the dream.

Unfortunately it'll stay a dream. Perhaps tell your offspring to migrate elsewhere for a better quality life. I know so many have migrated elsewhere and ARE enjoying a higher quality life right now. (not applicable to all) I don't see any other way. Other than this bleed the rakyat auto industry, this country is spoilt to the point of irrepairble state in many values. morals, politics which have everything associated to it all. Proton will be here to stay indefinitely as long as this regime dictates it must exist. I'm sure Proton CAN churn out a car equal to BMW but at what price, but to produce and sell a cheapest model at below RM10k?..(perhaps just the wheel rims) it'll never happen.

Newkelisa

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:00 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (cmboy @ Aug 27 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My quarrel with Proton, is not entirely about its quality or business direction. I'll gladly give my blessings for them for every success. BUT!... when protection is like over 2 decades now, even the 2nd P2 also rely on gahmen protection for ensured advantage, AND THE PRICE OF THE CAR is OVERVALUED and WAY TOO HIGH relative to an average Malaysian's income, THIS IS BAD, VERY BAD!. In UK the Myvi is like 8000 UK pounds, similarly to if a Malaysian pays RM8000 (ok lah I give RM10,000) for a Myvi... but NO!..its a freaking Rm40k car and a BIG burden price to pay for car ownership.
Price of car have jumped SO MUCH since 1980's and its expected the rakyat to bear the burden.

I'm cocksure there ARE decent cars than can be sold for around RM20k but it can't be sold at that price because Proton cars are priced way above it all. Malaysian rakyat are VERY UNFORTUNATE on this issue. SAD!..VERY SAD!.

Say if Proton does lingkup I really really doubt the government will reduce the tax on the cars. Maybe after a some pressure from the public a little bit. Why? The government is earning a LOT of easy revenue on taxing cars. With our money drying up, no way are they going to simply reduce their income just for rakyat's sake.

Case of point - road tax. It was reduced last year now this year back to the same rate. Why not keep it at the reduced rate? How much loss in revenue are we talking about compared to the millions and billions spent elsewhere of doubtful benefit. Yes petrol price have fallen but other essentials good (FOOD) have gone up and won't never come down. So much for caring government ...

Jumpman23

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
The reason it won't happen because several old man who build the project need "duit kopi" there is no transparency in where millionth of dollar go. Whenever auditor found discrepancies, they will said stop all audit, things like that happen in this country. If you are Proton shareholder, try check the annual report, how many audit firm they change you will more or less know how they handle the account. The judiciary the last bastion for justice, collapsed as well. Manipulation has become serious diseases, it has overwhelmed and destroyed the justice system. There is no longer a leader who can stand up. Opposition are handled in gestapo style.

Who is suffering, is the rakyat the nation, as long as they roll out a sub standard stuff, people will choose as it is cheaper compare to other.

Imagine people start refusing home offer like the Kg Buah Pala cases. These ppl. no longer fight for basic shelter but becoming a puppet by some mastermind out there. They no longer appreciate and treasure the surrounding, the reason is to bring down and gain cheap publicity that someone else is better. Where goes our human values?

Human are willing to sell their dignity, not fighting for pride and freedom from slavery. We are no different compare to Africa, slightly better, because most of us are peaceful. But lately crime rate has risen, robbery cases, death in custody, people missing, bomb attack, do you feel secure? It already happen in Indonesia, but is there possibility it will happen in Malaysia.

cmboy

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

cmboy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
QUOTE (Newkelisa @ Aug 28 2009, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Say if Proton does lingkup I really really doubt the government will reduce the tax on the cars. Maybe after a some pressure from the public a little bit. Why? The government is earning a LOT of easy revenue on taxing cars. With our money drying up, no way are they going to simply reduce their income just for rakyat's sake.

Case of point - road tax. It was reduced last year now this year back to the same rate. Why not keep it at the reduced rate? How much loss in revenue are we talking about compared to the millions and billions spent elsewhere of doubtful benefit. Yes petrol price have fallen but other essentials good (FOOD) have gone up and won't never come down. So much for caring government ...

Perhaps, I say perhaps, what is needed is a free market economy which I think I've mentioned before and Proton may have to bow out unless they come up with something that can survive stiff competition. But there's many hints thats never going to happen. There's already numerous hints the gahmen insists on increasing revenue anywhere possible. Did someone say here that its touted at RM4BILLION in annual taxes generated from CBU and import cars?.
Then again, with so much revenue collected the gahmen isn't entirely accountable for its expenses for the good of this country and the rakyat. In short, Malaysian rakyat ARE going to end up paying a lot for desirable products and that include from the auto industry. What everyone can do is NOT buy any car for the next 2-3 years and let the industry cripple and panic. Maintain what you have and don't think of buying any car unless you've no choice.
I've said, this place is spoilt and the rakyat silently suffer and actually get poorer or with little savings for later life. Its grim and dim if you look hard enough. I just think most of the rakyat don't even plan for their retirement properly and spend unwisely during their peak of their lives with the lame excuse of life is just too short. You'll regret later on if planning is not done meticulously. Times are more difficult now compared to decades ago and everyone is fighting for survival, unless you get away barely surviving on basics and essentials only. DO THINK before buying any new car. Its a BIG dent into your finances eventhough you're paying by instalment. That money can be used to secure a nicer home or better quality of living.

Jumpman23

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
I just think most of the rakyat don't even plan for their retirement properly and spend unwisely during their peak of their lives with the lame excuse of life is just too short. You'll regret later on if planning is not done meticulously. Times are more difficult now compared to decades ago and everyone is fighting for survival, unless you get away barely surviving on basics and essentials only. DO THINK before buying any new car. Its a BIG dent into your finances eventhough you're paying by instalment. That money can be used to secure a nicer home or better quality of living.

Yes, all this while i have been talking about worthy opportunity cost. We know we are going to lost and yet what is the best choice we can make in order to lose less.

There are now so many loan given at lower rates by the Bank, but how many of these low interest loan are approved to Chinese, and Indian? is the quota system working?

cmboy

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

cmboy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
Ok lah.. For now, its a lost cause trying to fight the establishment governance and policies. They were UNACCOUNTABLE to the rakyat most of the time anyway, and STOOPID IGNORANT rakyat keep voting them in to be leading this land and people. The 2 local protected manufacturers are here to stay. High prices of cars are here to stay. Rediculous and absurd tax policies are there whether you like it or not. I'm just sad this place by dictatorship rather than a democracy. Plunder, corruption, and all the evils of a rogue regime are evident in various degrees. There's more sweet talk on progress that eventually goes at snail pace, for example, alternative fuel research, BROADBAND????... KPI???...Whats that??? moreover they're not entirely accountable on giving the rakyat back on its obligations. We're short changed to say the least AND most important of all, majority still insist in their leadership of this country every 5 years. Whats more to say?.. submit or don't buy any new car, that they can't stop you!

Jumpman23

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:50 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
QUOTE (cmboy @ Aug 29 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok lah.. For now, its a lost cause trying to fight the establishment governance and policies. They were UNACCOUNTABLE to the rakyat most of the time anyway, and STOOPID IGNORANT rakyat keep voting them in to be leading this land and people. The 2 local protected manufacturers are here to stay. High prices of cars are here to stay. Rediculous and absurd tax policies are there whether you like it or not. I'm just sad this place by dictatorship rather than a democracy. Plunder, corruption, and all the evils of a rogue regime are evident in various degrees. There's more sweet talk on progress that eventually goes at snail pace, for example, alternative fuel research, BROADBAND????... KPI???...Whats that??? moreover they're not entirely accountable on giving the rakyat back on its obligations. We're short changed to say the least AND most important of all, majority still insist in their leadership of this country every 5 years. Whats more to say?.. submit or don't buy any new car, that they can't stop you!

The difference between a Campro engine fitted persona and CPS engine fitted Waja is MYR 20K (Both M/T comparison) that is almost 2/3 the cost of Kancil. Now who are these people to determine the price? and how many REAL VALUE for each RINGGIT spent by RAKYAT actually go to the RAKYAT?

Streamyx & Astro been monopolized, see how Astro keep increasing the monthly subscription; sadly to say the contents are getting old & no refreshment for Astro. For Streamyx it's been more than a year all these 4mb infrastructure are not in place yet, where is the money to build these broadband terminal hub? They are denying every right to have a better life for the Malaysian. Slogan is useless, we've been hearing too many lies, it is time for CHANGE.

Let's follow the Japanese in the coming election. It's a tremendous effort done by the Japanese to have a 308 victory landslide win for the opposition and defeat of LDP since world war 2. Mr. Aso Sato made a very respectful farewell speech, he accepted the defeat with grace and apologize to his fellow colleagues and nation. This is call responsibility and respect to Democracy not Kalah! Kalah lah! At least must lost with respect.

One thing we can look forward is, history always tell us that dictatorship regime will not live long e.g. Iraq, Italy, Germany, Japan. Perhaps not in this generation but generation to come, ppl. die fighting to preserve democracy and restore fairness, transparency, law and order.

mosh

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
2013 is very near..

we can make a right choice then.... smile_approve.gif

cmboy

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:57 PM

cmboy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
Do anyone realize we somewhat may spend up to a frigging RM200 THOUSAND on car ownership during one's lifetime?
Thats a HUGE fortune by Malaysian standards. A portion of that is tax at your expense. I don't even want to digress what else you may spend on upkeep, upgrades, new accessories, anything fixed there.
My wifey did ask me today why I dislike buying that particular national car brand?.. My answer was quite simple. Its because of them our local car industry is to my personal disgust and disappointment.

artemus

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
for me i think..theres no issue on patriotics on buying national cars or imported cars...i think those who bought imported car maybe more "patrioticer" because they pay more on taxes... rm4ok national car vs rm300k imported car...u do d math..

ive noticed this dirty regime reign tactics since 1999...n i dont vote them since 99...and i keep on hold from buying new cars because of this also...dont wanna b G slave...

but thats all..dont hv d guts to do bold thing to fight our ''BELOVED'' gov..
me n my comrades from penang,perak,selangor.kelantan,kedah hv shown that we can...
i controlled d urge from buying new car all this years(dunno how long i can hold it anymore..my car rots now)
even we buy properties..a rm100k house also is not well buil also..bocor sana,bocor sini...

so dissapointed!!
i love malaysia..
i love malaysians...
but...i hate d reign of terror....
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast