Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Prius

• Please log in to reply

kokben

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

kokben

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Toyota Prius Malaysia Launch

Short review

http://www.fastmotor...his-Friday.aspx

about Rm175k...

where as in UK is only $18k

check the video review by fifth gear..

http://www.fastmotor...Fifth-Gear.aspx

swinee

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
yeah..heard that it could be price more than a 2.4 camry..
but this 3rd gen prius is equipped with the latest synergy hrbrid system 1.8litre engine..
and with 7 air bags, push start, Electronic park brake, E-CVT gear, VSC, TRC..to name a few
i would say none of the toyota offered by UMW in Msia currently could beat this prius in terms of spec smile_tongue.gif

there already some spyshot posted on the internet, where lorry are unloading the prius in shah alam toyota HQ last few weeks..
and also a showcase on the new prius synergy technology @ 1U last few weeks smile_blush.gif

TheGunner

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (kokben @ Jul 29 2009, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rumored to be about Rm180k...

OTR for Peninsula RM175000
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 3 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OTR for Peninsula RM175000

Sabah - RM 176,342.30
Sarawak - RM176,392.30
Langkawi - RM127,408.45
Labuan - RM128,046.55

The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Here's YS' coverage of the launch at the SS16 UMW Toyota branch. Just prior to the launch, motoring journalists also sat through a lengthy Q&A session with the chief engineer of the Prius project himself.

UMW Toyota Motor Previews 3Rd Generation Prius
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

had

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

had

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
UMW will bring the Toyota Prius in Malaysia which is the good news. But with the price tag of RM175k, I don't think it can draw many people to buy it.

Again, with our Malaysia G auto policy it clearly that with this price it will not benefit to anyone. They (G) advice us on other alternative beside PETROLEUM and don't rely on G subside. They always talk 1 and action 2 not tied at all. World class promises -1 Action. smile_disapprove.gif

With this price only those who are rich that can afford it or else change to Honda Civic Hybrid. Does the G know what is HYBRID or they just KNOW $$$$$$$$$$$. If I were rich, I don't care of petrol price hike.

AGAIN PLEASE THINK ABOUT RAKYAT AND APPOINT THOSE WHO KNOW ECONOMIC.

I'm very very dissapointed with the price. sterb324.gif

N16

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

N16

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 735 posts
QUOTE (had @ Aug 3 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UMW will bring the Toyota Prius in Malaysia which is the good news. But with the price tag of RM175k, I don't think it can draw many people to buy it.

Again, with our Malaysia G auto policy it clearly that with this price it will not benefit to anyone. They (G) advice us on other alternative beside PETROLEUM and don't rely on G subside. They always talk 1 and action 2 not tied at all. World class promises -1 Action. smile_disapprove.gif

With this price only those who are rich that can afford it or else change to Honda Civic Hybrid. Does the G know what is HYBRID or they just KNOW $$$$$$$$$$$. If I were rich, I don't care of petrol price hike.

AGAIN PLEASE THINK ABOUT RAKYAT AND APPOINT THOSE WHO KNOW ECONOMIC.

I'm very very dissapointed with the price. sterb324.gif

What can we do lo....stop buying nation scrap car lo...all sub will go to protection..hahaha.

My ride: Sentra N16 XE (2005). Kelisa (2008). Viva (2009)

spidey08

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:53 PM

spidey08

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Aug 3 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sabah - RM 176,342.30
Sarawak - RM176,392.30
Langkawi - RM127,408.45
Labuan - RM128,046.55

Crazy!...the G is not encouraging the use of these type of vehicles...at this price doubt if anyone in the right frame of mind would buy...probably a selected few who want to save mother earth...and has a few doug to plough out...
Dun know what is wrong with our G!!!!...down south, i heard this is going for 80k...dollar to dollar we are again at the losing end...
I got a fren from down south visited me in a lexus IS 250....he got it 2nd hand 1 yr old car at roughly 100k....and I compared it with my civic at 130k......shit!!!! for that price i could be driving a brand new IS 250....

Given up hope of getting a decent car at a decent price...

alex

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

alex

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
QUOTE (spidey08 @ Aug 3 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crazy!...the G is not encouraging the use of these type of vehicles...at this price doubt if anyone in the right frame of mind would buy...probably a selected few who want to save mother earth...and has a few doug to plough out...
Dun know what is wrong with our G!!!!...down south, i heard this is going for 80k...dollar to dollar we are again at the losing end...
I got a fren from down south visited me in a lexus IS 250....he got it 2nd hand 1 yr old car at roughly 100k....and I compared it with my civic at 130k......shit!!!! for that price i could be driving a brand new IS 250....

just wander what is the warranty for the handphone battery use by the car .. and if out of warranty how much does it cost to replace the battery ?? 20k ?10k ?
dont be shameful

kfkw

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

kfkw

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
QUOTE (spidey08 @ Aug 3 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well....if you want the price for PRIUS to go down like our neighbour...only one way....guess what....ask our Mr. P**TON to start making hybrid...but that may takes another century............so it means.....MALAYSIA TAK BOLEH!.

I really find it very interesting that is trying to protect a company till neglect the envinronment.....say paying billions of subsidies..but not willing to remove all taxes for hybrid.....RON95 cheaper....yah rite!.

I had enough of this G man!, be it who ever I dont think i will be VTING for the next round....sorry I am damn pissed with the current situation...

Really like flying kites......damn! keep it up and continue to protect this STU**D Mr. PR*T*N.....feel damn proud with their new E*ORA....

If I were them I will scrap that project...imagine making cars that is like a 20 years technology from world famous producer eg BMW/T/H.

If they can make something like current BEEMER/T/H..then I will respect them but not in another century...Mr. PR*T*N is not in my buying list for ages to come...no matter what. 20 odd years still making a normal car....SHAMEFUL!.

I rather buy a bicycle than any PR*T*N models!

I rather buy P2, even is more pricy......

Just like the BM and ENG issue.....what a shame to fight over the issue.....to me is simple...if can afford...send our kids to private school....lol...if not pay extra for english classes....what to do....sorry man kind of out off topic...but HOPELESS is the word to our beloved G!.

If you realize, our neighbour have more beautiful cars than us....dollar to dollar...I collapsed after imagine how much $$$$ is make by the G! Worst still OLD design...again because of sterb324.gif PR*T*N!

Malaysia with so many RAW materials compare to S'pore, we are living below standard compare to S'pore....MSIA got rubber/tin/palmoil/crude oil/ - but PK!

Cheers man.....