Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Brake Disc Worn To The Limit

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

badeley

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

badeley

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
sorry...i m new user here...
but i m notice that front brake pad will gave a lot of dirty residue and it was quite annoyed.
last time i do face with my wira and after change to low dust pad that cost lest that RM100, there was very little dust..
i do notice this thing happen to other new model...
so..wise guy out there...any info or petua to reduce ths such dirty residue...hmmm
thanks...

be cool....

VINVJ

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

VINVJ

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
If any one need any parts from Spore, just let me know........i will get it and can send to KL.....without tax charges...just pay me my petrol and toll.......
Vinvj

blackdolph

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:07 AM

blackdolph

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 884 posts
How much would that be? You from KL but working in Singapore? What you mean by no tax? No need to pay Singapore GST 7%?
Kiss my puntang!

intermilan

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
QUOTE (badeley @ Sep 8 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry...i m new user here...
but i m notice that front brake pad will gave a lot of dirty residue and it was quite annoyed.
last time i do face with my wira and after change to low dust pad that cost lest that RM100, there was very little dust..
i do notice this thing happen to other new model...
so..wise guy out there...any info or petua to reduce ths such dirty residue...hmmm
thanks...

there is no known way to reduce the dust, expect braking less.. hehehe..

the original pads are like that.

why dusty? coz the pads content less metallic component (which make the brake squeal).
downside, is kotor and sedikit cepat habis. advantage, enhance braking power. 206 braking power is so much different that wira, myvi or alike.

so... simple solution, kena bersihkan dengan lebih kerap lah. smile_sleepy.gif

ain206

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Oct 21 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is no known way to reduce the dust, expect braking less.. hehehe..

the original pads are like that.

why dusty? coz the pads content less metallic component (which make the brake squeal).
downside, is kotor and sedikit cepat habis. advantage, enhance braking power. 206 braking power is so much different that wira, myvi or alike.

so... simple solution, kena bersihkan dengan lebih kerap lah. smile_sleepy.gif

hu..hu...hu ... inter that is what i have been doing every other day.....

ridt

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (VINVJ @ Oct 21 2009, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If any one need any parts from Spore, just let me know........i will get it and can send to KL.....without tax charges...just pay me my petrol and toll.......

no tax? =.=
http://www.facebook.com/thepadangs

My sweet peugeot 206 1.6 16v

Mod list : k & n typhoon air filter , 4-2-1 mandrel bent custom extractor , full piping s-flow brand topcat 1.6", denso iridium spark plugs, Unichip Q tuned by RS Impressive, 16" OZ rims
Max BHP & torque : 127 bhp @ 6,00rpm , 173 nm @ 4,000rpm (tuned for torque)

VINVJ

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

VINVJ

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
i mean no msian custom tax, but GST have to be paid la....i'm not from KL but from jb.......
Vinvj

intermilan

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
QUOTE (VINVJ @ Oct 26 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i mean no msian custom tax, but GST have to be paid la....i'm not from KL but from jb.......

Thanks for the offer VINVJ! smile_thumbup.gif

Everyone should love buying parts from S'pore as generally, parts over there is around 50% cheaper than what you can find in KL.

I always wonder what justify and constitute the ridiculous parts price in Malaysia.
Which, by the way, I bet will get even ridiculous i.e. higher, once 'kedai potong - souce of used good parts' is finally banished come June 2010 (~ 6 months from now!). No competitor = Price it as you love too!

S'pore also got taxes and the merchant over there still make profit, right?
So.. how come the parts here are almost always double the price?
Something fishy lah..

IMHO, your 'offer' would be better presented if you could tell us more on how you plan to transport of the stuff from JB to us (let say we are in KL), and the cost structure of your service etc. Now, its too simple and rather 'cloudy'.

BTW, regarding the S'pore GST, can we claim it back if are bringing the parts into M'sia?

smile.gif

kgc

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

kgc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (epang @ Aug 4 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice info smile_thumbup.gif but i guess not all is kaki DIY like yourself... so.. still had to pay more for it hehe

I cant view the link http://tysontalenta....brake-pads.html

anyone here can help?

KGC

SilverBullet

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

SilverBullet

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
QUOTE (kgc @ Nov 10 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant view the link http://tysontalenta....brake-pads.html

anyone here can help?

KGC

hmm... i've moved my site to my206xr.blogpsot.com, a new home for my Peugeot 206 adventures.