Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Does Vios 1.5j(a) Value For Buying?

• Please log in to reply

junyih6699

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

junyih6699

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts
Hey to all toyota forumners, do u all think that vios 1.5J is a good buy compare to other 1.5 category? I juz calculated that a vios 1.5J after insurance NCD 55% & after SA discount RM3k, the final OTR price is RM69,381!!!

To me, i think is good buy although is lack of those accessories. At least, they still give u the VVT-i engine, same GB, suspension,ABS,EBD,BA.

Although the airbags are missing, i dun think is a big problem. How often u will met with a big accident & how often u will bang ppl heavily till the airbag come out??? besides that, the 4 wheel disc brake oso is missing but i think with ABS,EBD & BA i'm sure the brake will makan..

Do u think u can fix this accessories listed down below for a vios 1.5J so that it looks like a Vios 1.5S?

Tyres & Wheels 185/60R15, Alloy (find a 2nd hand 1.5S alloy rims)
Front Bumper Spoiler, Side Skirts, Trunk Spoiler (Install aftermarket OEM 1.5S aerokit)
Wing Mirrors (Install power adjustable & retractable wing mirrors with turn signal)
Chrome Package (Install at rear license plate garnish & both door moulding)
Fog Lamps (Install both left & right)
Door Visor (Install on all doors)
Scuff Plate (Install at all 4 sides)

simonlim

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (junyih6699 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey to all toyota forumners, do u all think that vios 1.5J is a good buy compare to other 1.5 category? I juz calculated that a vios 1.5J after insurance NCD 55% & after SA discount RM3k, the final OTR price is RM69,381!!!

To me, i think is good buy although is lack of those accessories. At least, they still give u the VVT-i engine, same GB, suspension,ABS,EBD,BA.

Although the airbags are missing, i dun think is a big problem. How often u will met with a big accident & how often u will bang ppl heavily till the airbag come out??? besides that, the 4 wheel disc brake oso is missing but i think with ABS,EBD & BA i'm sure the brake will makan..

Do u think u can fix this accessories listed down below for a vios 1.5J so that it looks like a Vios 1.5S?

Tyres & Wheels 185/60R15, Alloy (find a 2nd hand 1.5S alloy rims)
Front Bumper Spoiler, Side Skirts, Trunk Spoiler (Install aftermarket OEM 1.5S aerokit)
Wing Mirrors (Install power adjustable & retractable wing mirrors with turn signal)
Chrome Package (Install at rear license plate garnish & both door moulding)
Fog Lamps (Install both left & right)
Door Visor (Install on all doors)
Scuff Plate (Install at all 4 sides)

hei junyih, changing ur saga?? wanna sell it to me? i need a car in my university also. looking for small cars now, like kancil.

if u have got the bucks, why not? vios is a good car anyway.
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

Justicebao

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
If you are thinking to get a J and spend few Ks to make it look like S....I guess you better spend on the S and repay the extra in the loan. At least the resale value will be according to S model later on. Anything that you add on the J will not add on to your resale value.
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

junyih6699

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

junyih6699

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Jul 21 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hei junyih, changing ur saga?? wanna sell it to me? i need a car in my university also. looking for small cars now, like kancil.

if u have got the bucks, why not? vios is a good car anyway.

haha:-). I hope so but where can I find the money 2 pay the installment?
On sunday, I went to UMW showroom kuala kangsar road to get my 24Seven Road Assist Sticker. My SA forgot 2 gimme during car delivery. So, i get it from him & he ask me when am i going 2 change my saga.. That weekend was toyota family day(got activities & buffet).

My SA persuade me to get a Vios. So, he gave me a brochure & price list. He say now interest gone down & still got discount but i din ask him how much discount. Earlier i mention is 3k discount. Tat was when my mum bought camry time. I wonder still got or not..

simon, i'm nt selling my orange saga. If sell is the other saga yr 1998. I think worth 7-8k only. I suggest u dun buy coz tat saga heavily accident.

junyih6699

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

junyih6699

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Jul 21 2009, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are thinking to get a J and spend few Ks to make it look like S....I guess you better spend on the S and repay the extra in the loan. At least the resale value will be according to S model later on. Anything that you add on the J will not add on to your resale value.

If i really get 3k discount or more from SA to buy the J spec, why not i treat it as the 3k discount use to make it like a S spec Vios? Then the OTR will go back 72k. FYI, S spec is no longer available now. It is replaced by Vios TRD Sportivo.

You're right oso. S spec resale value anytime better then J spec even if i modify my J spec looks like S spec. They will still consider mine as J spec.

If i want buy S spec, got to look 2nd hand. Yr 2007-2008 S spec ranging from 68k-73k.

alldisc

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
the J spec serves as entry level to the world of vios. one will get power steering and 4 power windows but no power mirror.

engine is as per standard spec, together with the transmission but owners lose toys like twin airbags, unique-fit ICE, optitron meter, alloy wheels and all disc brake set-up.

vios is superb in economy but lacks composure when it comes to corners. persona and waja is better in this department. city comes close but the ride is just too firm.

persona has the best sound proofing compare to vios, city and waja but its main problem is weight - which affects on performance and FC.

in the end, you need to decide which factor you want to seriously consider and may affect the entire period of ownership.

is it because of looks?
pricing?
re-sale value?
warranty?
after sales service?
reliability?
equipment?
how the car rides?
how the handles?
level of comfort?

dont forget Sales Asst attitude do play vital roles to us as consumer...

hicam

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

hicam

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jul 22 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the J spec serves as entry level to the world of vios. one will get power steering and 4 power windows but no power mirror.

engine is as per standard spec, together with the transmission but owners lose toys like twin airbags, unique-fit ICE, optitron meter, alloy wheels and all disc brake set-up.

vios is superb in economy but lacks composure when it comes to corners. persona and waja is better in this department. city comes close but the ride is just too firm.

persona has the best sound proofing compare to vios, city and waja but its main problem is weight - which affects on performance and FC.

in the end, you need to decide which factor you want to seriously consider and may affect the entire period of ownership.

is it because of looks?
pricing?
re-sale value?
warranty?
after sales service?
reliability?
equipment?
how the car rides?
how the handles?
level of comfort?

How about economical and safety ??

Justicebao

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jul 22 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is it because of looks?
pricing?
re-sale value?
warranty?
after sales service?
reliability?
equipment?
how the car rides?
how the handles?
level of comfort?

Persona has the best NVH compare with the rest? Must go and try out persona already....

Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

alldisc

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (hicam @ Jul 23 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about economical and safety ??

yes, must include this in the list also...

QUOTE (Justicebao @ Jul 23 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Persona has the best NVH compare with the rest? Must go and try out persona already....

i own and drive persona but i do get my hands on new vios and city all the time....

IMHO persona NVH is one level above vios and city. noise are heard rather than felt. and for half the price of them its really worth owning one. but the FC is really on the disappointing side. not that it is so bad but just cannot excel like vios/city.

persona average FC 11-11.5kl/L, 80kph @ 2,500rpm

vios average FC 16km/L easily, 80kph @ 2,000rpm

new city average FC 16-17km/L, 80kph @ 2,000rpm (city drive FC sucks)
city idsi average FC 17-18km/L, 80kph @ 2,000rpm

ManU

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:24 AM

ManU

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jul 23 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, must include this in the list also...

i own and drive persona but i do get my hands on new vios and city all the time....

IMHO persona NVH is one level above vios and city. noise are heard rather than felt. and for half the price of them its really worth owning one. but the FC is really on the disappointing side. not that it is so bad but just cannot excel like vios/city.

persona average FC 11-11.5kl/L, 80kph @ 2,500rpm

vios average FC 16km/L easily, 80kph @ 2,000rpm

new city average FC 16-17km/L, 80kph @ 2,000rpm (city drive FC sucks)
city idsi average FC 17-18km/L, 80kph @ 2,000rpm

11-11.5km/l consider bad ?? i think its quite reasonable, rite? vios weight is much lighter, and with VVTI somemore, so cannot compare la ... actually 11.5km/l and 16km/l isnt that much difference if u really count it .. one month maybe difference about rm100 ? or less a bit ??