Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volt Stabilizer Hav Use?

• Please log in to reply

civicb18c

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

civicb18c

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 16 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Talk about VS and all my JayBee brothers are back...... smile_tongue.gif

All this while, when someone ask me about this and that, whether good or not, I will always say certain products sure to have some improvement. It is whether the improvement is worthy of the cost you pay for it.
For example, paying RM1k for 2 to 3% improvement, is it worth it?
I use to be like most when first started. Extractors, air filters, cyclones, etc. etc.... In the end when I went upscale with turbo engine transplant those can be considered chicken feed. Might as well save all those cost and go for the transplant..... smile_thumbup.gif

I 2nd this

AC19

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

AC19

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
at least those inferior for transplant can opt another option man esp those still under stupid warranty by car makers.

QUOTE (civicb18c @ Oct 16 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I 2nd this

AC19

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

AC19

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
posted this for my CP bros in Havoc and hope not spamming here.

Before I elaborate, I wish highlight that I am neither promoting nor selling these products. I also don’t have the academic background on electrical engineering or the like and these are merely sharing real-life experiences, and certain technical expressions used are purely for descriptive purpose. In short, it could be unscientific and not necessary recognise by industry experts.

The experiences of mine and combine with my friends are on following common vehicles (age of vehicles = years):
Triton 2.5 (<2), CP2 (<1), Sentra 1.6 & 1.8 (<4 & >2), Waja (>6) S40 (>8), 406 (>6), Hilux (>2), City (>2), Vios (<2), Camry 2.4 (>3), X5 recond (>1), Beemer 320 <2) Naza Ria (>2), Saga (>12) E36 (>12), Civic (>2).

I had couple of posting in AW about VS and wish to start to remind VS enthusiasts not to have the expectations to increase HP (or fuel savings) for such mods/installation. I repeat my layman suggestion made in AW that you don’t buy shoes to run fast and if you can’t run fast enough, you blame on the shoes. The morale of this, if you can only run 10 km/h without shoes, the perhaps you can run optimally at 12 km/h with the shoes on. The 2 km/h increase IS NOT an increase HP but you optimal speed you can run that bare footed may have had hinder your speed.

Similarity to VS, that you don’t install them to increase HP but because they have more efficient grounding (if/when came with one) along with better electrical distribution* (see further elaboration) by VS, they create less “drag or loads” to the power plant and thereby improve HP delivery. So dyno results were over emphasized by the people selling them in order to get quick commercial recognitions (or gains) or inroads to the market. Imagine how can few capacitors and fancy circuitry increase HP? If you really want, do something else ECU remapping etc., but please remember also change your gearbox (one that most people don’t do) to have the proper gear ratios increase speed than the factory fitted and calibrated gear ratios ohmy.gif)

# Electrical distribution - As most of us aware, all electrical components in our vehicles are constantly creating a load to electrical system such as sudden acceleration, A/C interval, lights, your stereo set (or ICE) etc., and all these causing fluctuations in voltage which prevents our vehicles performing efficiently. Generally VS keeps the electrical system stable by storing electrical charge and providing the needed electricity during the surge.

Wish to also point out that VS do not prolong battery life and many were given with such belief. Reiterate VS only "regulates" the electricity and thereby help to draw stability to the flows and such effects will not exhaust the battery as compare with one without.

The VS siblings that could have prolong battery life is Sun Auto Hot Inazma G2 or similar kind of products with the function to remove the sulfuric acid returns to the electrolyte as diluted sulfuric acid gave the recovery and the maintenance of the battery.

Generally Pivot and Sun Auto products are rather popular especially the former due to pricing and fancy casing. However, experiences shown most VS enthusiasts will usually upgrade Pivot to Sun Auto and Guang Dao. They are pricey and results are different. If you have additional spare money, my advise is to go straight for Sun Auto or Guang Dao (will be rebranded as “Qmax”).

Because of experiences of mine and friends, I did not install one at the time and went straight to do all in one go. If you are unfamiliar with them, do one at the time and thread the different experiences (and results) as you add them.

I go for GD Turbo because this VS functions most optimally during high rpm with high outputs while to compliment her GD LV functioning best with low rpm with high output. I included Sun Auto Hyper for moderation throughout the low, medium and high outputs evenly. Hyper also came with 3 additional grounding points. I tapped the Sun Auto Hot Earth onto it with additional groundings.

The Sun Auto Pulse is supplementary VS to eliminate electrical noise and increase the effects of grounding returning to the NEGATIVE post of the battery. Pulse also supplement to the NEGATIVE side of electrical circulation with NEGATIVE grounding back to alternator while GD Photo-Conducted nails the POSITIVE circulation with the POSITIVE tapped to the alternator plus additional grounding effects.

The Pivot Ignition Earth is tapped to ignition coil to improve firing speed and for connectivity of high frequency waves released. It also facilitates ionization during combustion which can mildly improve fuel and engine torque with more efficient firing.

I am still waiting for the Sun Auto Hot Inazma G2 newer release (not in Malaysia yet) to further enhance the combos. By then, I would also get the Qmax PnP VS (now used in my 4WD) that had evidently improve my throttle and torque response along with much smoother delivery as well as enjoyed seeing lower rpm in higher speed. My 4WD now clock 2K rpm for 100-110 km/h without one around 2.5K, 130-140 km/h only with 2.8K rpm as in the past it clocks 3K rpm. With 3 to 3.2K rpm, I hit speed of 160-170 km/h. Redline for 4WD is 4.5K.

The overall effects of the combos improve the torque steer, more responsive delivery and smoother engine feel. Without the “millisecond lag”, the vehicles accelerate better and rev more seamlessly during the switch of power-band.

To satisfy yourself, please consider the pre and post installation dynos. Good things about VS are;

• They do not messed with wiring or tapped on existing wiring that would void warranty,
  • You can always remove them to your next vehicles
  • Making you poorer but fulfils the psychological needs to mod

Hope above assist.
Unquote.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
good info......thanks..... smile_thumbup.gif