Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

I Am Getting My Altis 1.8g Esok !

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ManU @ Jul 21 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poor Jay ..
is the N16 really that bad meh ?? without ABS also wont be that bad la .. many cars also dun have ABS, rite ??
1 thing that u should know, the price u bought the n16, and the price of altis 1.8, almost 30k difference ... thats not a small amount ... too far difference ... will u buy it becoz of the ABS ONLY ? besides, tyt service very expensive also .. guess u never have your car to tyt service centre before .. ??

Hi ManU,

ABS will be very useful when comes to emergency braking at faster than 60km/h. Today's standard, ABS is compulsory as it's the main preventer in accident. If I have gone for co-funded Vios in dec 07 at that time, I could concentrate on selling off my own go to work car with much better ride with budget below RM130k. Look at SCENIC's comment, that's how it's like when braking without ABS, will not be able to stop in time though there's enough distance.

Scenic,
Thanks for the example. Just the right time.

vios2000

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 21 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Joytoy,

1 big mistake I did. Bought Sentra 1.6SG (A) that doesn't have ABS. The car skidded twice during emergency brake, causing family members passed the N16 to me and took my old Camry that I use for driving to work. So instead of replacing my current ride to work, now have to sell off the family car instead and get new replacement. Looks like I'll get stuck with old ride to work. smile_cry.gif

hi ktf,

Congratulations on ur new car the ALTIS 1.8E. I'm getting even more envy...

trade in loh !! smile_big.gif ABS+EDB+BA are must have items! it does save me for getting into accident before. airbags? don't know ler and doesn't want or have any intention to try smile_big.gif

Altis 1.8 is even more responsive then my vios. anyone can explain?
Comment as follow:
Own a bigger car now and feel more stable on high speed.
Gear shift seem not as sooth as my previos old vios but the sequential is really fun ! 4->2 and masuk corner !! syiok! smile_big.gif

ManU

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

ManU

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Jul 22 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
trade in loh !! smile_big.gif ABS+EDB+BA are must have items! it does save me for getting into accident before. airbags? don't know ler and doesn't want or have any intention to try smile_big.gif

Altis 1.8 is even more responsive then my vios. anyone can explain?
Comment as follow:
Own a bigger car now and feel more stable on high speed.
Gear shift seem not as sooth as my previos old vios but the sequential is really fun ! 4->2 and masuk corner !! syiok! smile_big.gif

jay
do u drive very fast? sometimes i really think maybe u alredy get used to your other car, camry 2.2 which is very powerful, thats why most of the time u drive fast, but camry with ABS whereas n16 no, thats why u feel lacking of the brake force .. as i mentioned, nowadays still many cars on the road dun have abs stuffs, but people still drive them around with ease .. all the while many of us(including me) also drive many cars without abs, but i REALLY REALLY dun find any problem with car without ABS ... or maybe u used to "cucuk" front car very close, ended up u cant brake on time ? undeniable, ABS is important, but i REALLY dun think car without it is like ... quite useless like what u mentioned ...

jayraptor

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ManU @ Jul 24 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jay
do u drive very fast? sometimes i really think maybe u alredy get used to your other car, camry 2.2 which is very powerful, thats why most of the time u drive fast, but camry with ABS whereas n16 no, thats why u feel lacking of the brake force .. as i mentioned, nowadays still many cars on the road dun have abs stuffs, but people still drive them around with ease .. all the while many of us(including me) also drive many cars without abs, but i REALLY REALLY dun find any problem with car without ABS ... or maybe u used to "cucuk" front car very close, ended up u cant brake on time ? undeniable, ABS is important, but i REALLY dun think car without it is like ... quite useless like what u mentioned ...

Hi ManU,

I'm the most careful driver ever a lightfooter, always adhere to road regulations and keep enough pace between front car. I find the N16 could get into wheel lock much easily compared to my old Proton Wira 1.5(A) with carburetor. Main reason, it has strong brake but without ABS to control it and at even 60km/h, I could perform wheel lock with very hard slam on the brake. Wira could get wheel lock only at speed of above 100km/h.

Hi Vios2000 or should I call u Altis2009,

N16 if trade in get too low return. I'll sell it off when the time is right and I'll decide which car to hunt next, see how much could I fetch and how much to top up for new car.

Justicebao

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
ABS is very important accident deterrent and I don't really feel comfortable with a car w/o ABS especially on wet surface. Losing traction when driving 110kmh on a wet highway is no fun at ALL!! Worse if you lose lock your wheel on high speed corners...that one really JIALAT!

ABS is not the almighty device to deter you from accident...driving concentration is still the most important factor is safety....Why I said this? Bcoz my car was so hamsap and bang the ass's of the other car last week smile_dead.gif smile_dead.gif I can feel the ABS is working but it was too late already when I hit the brake
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

Joytoy

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Jul 24 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ABS is very important accident deterrent and I don't really feel comfortable with a car w/o ABS especially on wet surface. Losing traction when driving 110kmh on a wet highway is no fun at ALL!! Worse if you lose lock your wheel on high speed corners...that one really JIALAT!

ABS is not the almighty device to deter you from accident...driving concentration is still the most important factor is safety....Why I said this? Bcoz my car was so hamsap and bang the ass's of the other car last week smile_dead.gif smile_dead.gif I can feel the ABS is working but it was too late already when I hit the brake

Apparently on dry roads, cars without ABS stops shorter & faster but also depends on the tyre
On wet roads, ABS is absolute essential.

Justicebao

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jul 24 2009, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently on dry roads, cars without ABS stops shorter & faster but also depends on the tyre
On wet roads, ABS is absolute essential.

w/o ABS stop faster on dry if one doesn't lock the wheels during panic and know how to control the brake pressure properly. Having said that, most driver will slam the brake with all their force in panic which will usually lock the wheels.

ManU

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

ManU

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (Justicebao @ Jul 24 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
w/o ABS stop faster on dry if one doesn't lock the wheels during panic and know how to control the brake pressure properly. Having said that, most driver will slam the brake with all their force in panic which will usually lock the wheels.

basically agree .. but still, our concentration when driving is the most important .. for us whose has been driving many cars without ABS for so many years, but never hit others cars back also ... but some people drive car with ABS would have hit other cars back also once awhile ..

ABS is important, of coz its better to have it, but without ABS also, not much big deal, as long as u drive carefully

my 1 cents smile_cool.gif

vios2000

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (ManU @ Jul 24 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
basically agree .. but still, our concentration when driving is the most important .. for us whose has been driving many cars without ABS for so many years, but never hit others cars back also ... but some people drive car with ABS would have hit other cars back also once awhile ..

ABS is important, of coz its better to have it, but without ABS also, not much big deal, as long as u drive carefully

my 1 cents smile_cool.gif

With or without, the owner will make their own judgement. Safety device is there to "assists" during that very particular moment. I am also a responsible driver, but frankly, i thanks to have this technology in my car for my previous experiences, especially in WET conditions. smile_wink.gif

Justicebao

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Jul 25 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With or without, the owner will make their own judgement. Safety device is there to "assists" during that very particular moment. I am also a responsible driver, but frankly, i thanks to have this technology in my car for my previous experiences, especially in WET conditions. smile_wink.gif

Yea....most of the "WET" surface is slippery smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif