Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

I Am Getting My Altis 1.8g Esok !

• Please log in to reply

ktf

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

ktf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
congratualation,

now I'm thinking to buy Toya altis as well, but i'm already booking the Honda City and if I cancel the booking I'm not sure can get back all my money or not. some more I'm also don;t know which type of C.C shuold i buy (1.6E or 1.8E - Toyota altis).

How long you wait to get your Altis ?

vios2000

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (ktf @ Jul 17 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congratualation,

now I'm thinking to buy Toya altis as well, but i'm already booking the Honda City and if I cancel the booking I'm not sure can get back all my money or not. some more I'm also don;t know which type of C.C shuold i buy (1.6E or 1.8E - Toyota altis).

How long you wait to get your Altis ?

KTF,

1. IF u can wait, go for Altis 2.0V but don't know when is the availability. For Now, 1.8E lah more gadget and powerful engine.
2. Waiting??? No waiting, it happen 1.8G M.silver is ready stock, so once loan approved, take car key the following day !! smile_big.gif
3. Driving a new Altis . one word > Syok !!! hehe... smile_wink.gif (bro, new car ma!!!)

vios2000

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jul 17 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vios200,

good choice you did.

few advantages of altis...

1. the widest car in its class (about 3cm wider than civic). 3 adults in the rear seat can sit comfortably

2. one of the lightest body in its class, hence no need extra gears for acceleration

3. warranty of 3 years or 100,000km

4. about 80 outlets of after sales service centres throughout malaysia

5. high reliability with the same mechanicals from previous altis

6. low maintenance - no power steering fluid, coolant change at 160,000km, ATF change at 80,000km

Fren,
Are you woking for TYT ??? smile_tongue.gif

jayraptor

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Jul 17 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still cannot forget the smoothness of CVT from slyphy, but hey, let face the reality !!! I earn 3K in my pocket now man !!! smile_big.gif Now driving a "poor man camry" as if I was driving as camry!! hehe... smooth, quite and "similar" cabin to camry... no complaint-lah !!

Amir,
Superbike tak jadi.... just focus on my new ALTIS first .... smile_big.gif when are you coming?

Hi vios2000!

I'm glad that you got your new car. You know, the current Altis is supposed to have CVT transmission but Toyota Japan decided not to release CVT gearbox in countries with lower buying power or having hot temperature. Maybe they just play safe. Altis is not poor man Camry, it's C-segment considered better alternative to Vios. I'm starting to feel jealous with your new ride and very angry with ownself for getting wrong replacement on car for family use.

Just to let you know that alldisc is not Toyota staff. He's another car enthusiast like me sharing facts. To know and understand more about cars before buying.

amir

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Jul 17 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still cannot forget the smoothness of CVT from slyphy, but hey, let face the reality !!! I earn 3K in my pocket now man !!! smile_big.gif Now driving a "poor man camry" as if I was driving as camry!! hehe... smooth, quite and "similar" cabin to camry... no complaint-lah !!

Amir,
Superbike tak jadi.... just focus on my new ALTIS first .... smile_big.gif when are you coming?

I'm oredi here. Been driving Altis 1.8g for the past three years. Test drive the new Altis 1.8g. Feels more responsive and handling is much more composed than my old model. Somehow I feel the altis looks more classy than than the civic. Its look will grow on you.

Joytoy

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 20 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi vios2000!

I'm starting to feel jealous with your new ride and very angry with ownself for getting wrong replacement on car for family use.

What replacement did you get that does not meet your expectation ?? smile_question.gif
Again, at this forum you will hear a lot from people who expect quite a lot from their rides! smile_big.gif

ktf

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

ktf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jul 20 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What replacement did you get that does not meet your expectation ?? smile_question.gif
Again, at this forum you will hear a lot from people who expect quite a lot from their rides! smile_big.gif

yesterday I'm just when to toyota showroom view the TRD vios and the SA offer to me great discount for the Altis, the SA give me a key and let me test drive the Altis, I feel comfortable a lot with this car compare with Honda civic 1.8, finally I booking the Altis 1.8E class with low interest offer only for 3 days (17/7/09 - 20/7/09) at 2.88%. Now is waiting for loan approval.

jayraptor

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jul 20 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Joytoy,

1 big mistake I did. Bought Sentra 1.6SG (A) that doesn't have ABS. The car skidded twice during emergency brake, causing family members passed the N16 to me and took my old Camry that I use for driving to work. So instead of replacing my current ride to work, now have to sell off the family car instead and get new replacement. Looks like I'll get stuck with old ride to work. smile_cry.gif

hi ktf,

Congratulations on ur new car the ALTIS 1.8E. I'm getting even more envy...

ManU

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

ManU

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 21 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Joytoy,

1 big mistake I did. Bought Sentra 1.6SG (A) that doesn't have ABS. The car skidded twice during emergency brake, causing family members passed the N16 to me and took my old Camry that I use for driving to work. So instead of replacing my current ride to work, now have to sell off the family car instead and get new replacement. Looks like I'll get stuck with old ride to work. smile_cry.gif

hi ktf,

Poor Jay ..
is the N16 really that bad meh ?? without ABS also wont be that bad la .. many cars also dun have ABS, rite ??
1 thing that u should know, the price u bought the n16, and the price of altis 1.8, almost 30k difference ... thats not a small amount ... too far difference ... will u buy it becoz of the ABS ONLY ? besides, tyt service very expensive also .. guess u never have your car to tyt service centre before .. ??

scenic

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 21 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Joytoy,

hi ktf,

I have experienced wheel lock in car without ABS equipped and the car skidded. Scary experience. I had an emergency braking with ABS 3 weeks ago on the NS Highway, it is a secure feeling with no wheel lock or skidding effect. Cheers.
director's choice