Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

I Am Getting My Altis 1.8g Esok !

• Please log in to reply

vios2000

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
Dear all,

After almost 6 years with my Vios 1.5G, tomorrow will be my new chapter with TYT !!! a new Altis 1.8G !!!medium Silver. smile_big.gif

So got to spend another 3 years with UMW TYT SC..... smile_disapprove.gif

Finally, i confirm that Toyota really know how to get customer. They built car with noT so high tech (but good tech) but reliable and low maintenance compare to other made + aggresive SA !!! smile_big.gif

Anyway, so excited to receive my new car tommorow !! what to look for ?? smile_blush.gif

hwk

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

hwk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
congratulations smile_thumbup.gif

ameniey

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

ameniey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
3guys1hammer,2girls1cup,1guy1jar

amir

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (ameniey @ Jul 16 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wah! So loaded la u vios2000. Oredi bought an Altis 1.8g and oso want to get a superbike. Congrats.

Joytoy

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (amir @ Jul 16 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah! So loaded la u vios2000. Oredi bought an Altis 1.8g and oso want to get a superbike. Congrats.

You would need to change your nick !! smile_tongue.gif

ameniey

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

ameniey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jul 16 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You would need to change your nick !! smile_tongue.gif

Agree smile_cool.gif
3guys1hammer,2girls1cup,1guy1jar

GuyM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

GuyM

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
QUOTE (ameniey @ Jul 16 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree smile_cool.gif

Share the car no. ok? Maybe with a bit of luck we all can strike some money to change too smile_tongue.gif

jayraptor

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Jul 15 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all,

After almost 6 years with my Vios 1.5G, tomorrow will be my new chapter with TYT !!! a new Altis 1.8G !!!medium Silver. smile_big.gif

So got to spend another 3 years with UMW TYT SC..... smile_disapprove.gif

Finally, i confirm that Toyota really know how to get customer. They built car with noT so high tech (but good tech) but reliable and low maintenance compare to other made + aggresive SA !!! smile_big.gif

Anyway, so excited to receive my new car tommorow !! what to look for ?? smile_blush.gif

vios2000,

THought you'll go for Sylphy? This is a shock & I'm too surprised. Since you have bought Altis, I can tell you the maintenance of Sylphy's X-CVT. The service internal is not fixed. THey'll have to plug-in the diagnostic tool to the TCM to determine the density of the ATF. If the machine says change, then you'll change the ATF. THE NS2 ATF cost u around RM200 and the labour expertise will be close to RM400 I think, something similar to Honda City with CVT. Also those CVT transmission has additional sensors, 1 sensor for each moveable face pulley meaning more electronics.

Sorry for not telling you early. You look too in love with Sylphy earlier so I just ignored your thread. THough Altis lacks the high tech, it'll serve you well. In certain city driving, its FC could fare better than Sylphy especially when idling a lot. No regret owning it. Congratulations rolleyes.gif

vios2000

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 17 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vios2000,

THought you'll go for Sylphy? This is a shock & I'm too surprised. Since you have bought Altis, I can tell you the maintenance of Sylphy's X-CVT. The service internal is not fixed. THey'll have to plug-in the diagnostic tool to the TCM to determine the density of the ATF. If the machine says change, then you'll change the ATF. THE NS2 ATF cost u around RM200 and the labour expertise will be close to RM400 I think, something similar to Honda City with CVT. Also those CVT transmission has additional sensors, 1 sensor for each moveable face pulley meaning more electronics.

Sorry for not telling you early. You look too in love with Sylphy earlier so I just ignored your thread. THough Altis lacks the high tech, it'll serve you well. In certain city driving, its FC could fare better than Sylphy especially when idling a lot. No regret owning it. Congratulations rolleyes.gif

I still cannot forget the smoothness of CVT from slyphy, but hey, let face the reality !!! I earn 3K in my pocket now man !!! smile_big.gif Now driving a "poor man camry" as if I was driving as camry!! hehe... smooth, quite and "similar" cabin to camry... no complaint-lah !!

Amir,
Superbike tak jadi.... just focus on my new ALTIS first .... smile_big.gif when are you coming?

alldisc

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
vios200,

good choice you did.

few advantages of altis...

1. the widest car in its class (about 3cm wider than civic). 3 adults in the rear seat can sit comfortably

2. one of the lightest body in its class, hence no need extra gears for acceleration

3. warranty of 3 years or 100,000km

4. about 80 outlets of after sales service centres throughout malaysia

5. high reliability with the same mechanicals from previous altis

6. low maintenance - no power steering fluid, coolant change at 160,000km, ATF change at 80,000km