Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware....

• Please log in to reply

whetstone

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

whetstone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts
Dear guys,

It was so unfortunate for me today that my wheel rim screw cap dropped off.

Later, i discovered that all the screw cap were not fixed properly. They just simply put it without pushed it hard.

Go now to check yours before drop it.

Wondering how much it costs for the said cap?

alankkwong

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
Please take a picture and show us... which wheel cap are you referring to?
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

behcw

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jul 12 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please take a picture and show us... which wheel cap are you referring to?

It should be the hexagon chrome nut cap for all tyres. Four of them for each wheel, you need to push it in to fix properly cos I do this everytime i clean the rim.

The GT ones should be different, since you have a diff rim.
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

whetstone

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

whetstone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Jul 13 2009, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It should be the hexagon chrome nut cap for all tyres. Four of them for each wheel, you need to push it in to fix properly cos I do this everytime i clean the rim.

The GT ones should be different, since you have a diff rim.

You are absolutely right.....

jules308

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

jules308

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
Not sure about the nut cap..but the lion wheel cap is a bit shaky recently...notice this whenever I clean the rims...

carlion

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

carlion

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
Noticed my was loose few days ago, pressed it back hard with my thumb. It works.

Also BEWARE of kites, recently a kite drop from somewhere, went under my car, I continue driving, the string cut the front license plate, front skirting, black vinyl bumper and hood. Manage to use scratch remover on the hood. bumper still scratch (don't know what to do about it).

hah

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

hah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
damn to the bugger who stole my wheel caps, all 4 were gone. i found out from tyre shops that our 17" wheel cap is not of common diameter, as it is smaller than other rims of the same size. not much use for the bugger anyway. called up nasim, each cap cost RM43 each to replace, F**K!. any of u guys can offer alternatives? or else just have to get it from nasim, no choice.

btw, our antenna is another favourite item as it is easily unscrewed but i've glued it with gam gajah, hope that will save it

whetstone

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

whetstone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts
QUOTE (hah @ Jul 14 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damn to the bugger who stole my wheel caps, all 4 were gone. i found out from tyre shops that our 17" wheel cap is not of common diameter, as it is smaller than other rims of the same size. not much use for the bugger anyway. called up nasim, each cap cost RM43 each to replace, F**K!. any of u guys can offer alternatives? or else just have to get it from nasim, no choice.

btw, our antenna is another favourite item as it is easily unscrewed but i've glued it with gam gajah, hope that will save it

WHere you from?

I hope you are not from Melaka, or else i will be the suspect......haha...

willbeh

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:36 AM

willbeh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Reluctant to glue the antenna. If the thief can't remove the antenna, they may wanna do more damage.

alankkwong

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

The 206 one costs RM 55.00 each... RM 43 should be cheap.... Is it the one in the centre of the rims with the LION logo on it?
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!