Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Wira 1.5gli (a) Mod Help

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cent88 @ Jul 9 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I did a lot of researches b4 asking here..but all threads there, they also not sure whether its work or not..and also not sure where is the most effective point for grounding.

Just want do some modification which is worth and instantly effective..

Trying to get some idea since so many sifus and pros here... smile_big.gif

That is actually your answer, because to some it works and to some it did not, that is why you are getting these answer.
This could be due to wrong fitment, the car, or the things used, etc......
Some expect very high return, therefore to them the system fails.....

Therefore for this, you have to think for yourself, whether it is worth the while to go ahead...... smile_tongue.gif

rdgs,

mabah

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

mabah

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (cent88 @ Jul 7 2009, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. I'm new here.

What can I mod in my car for smooth city driving and touge? By the way, hoping for better FC too. The car is pretty slow while climbing hill. sad.gif

Either stay with 4G15 then change to manual transmission open pod air filter, exhaust system, all the stuffs in engine and....etc.
Or transplant to 4G61/91/93? What else I have to change if transplant?
Budget 3k - 5k, try to set higher if its really needed.

Can give me any other idea please? which is worth for cost to performance ratio?

Thanks.

Hello,

May I know what year is your car manufactured?
Frankly for a 4G15 (A) not much you can do to see any significant improvement . FC is on a higher note compared to manual about 10km/l.

Open pod @ drop in filter (preffered the latter), exhaust system are add on, the improvement you feel are not that noticible.

Grounding, spark plug, or spark plug cable also not that obvious.

The only way is by modifying the internal part or change to a more powerful engine but then again the budget you mentioned is a bit constrained.

my 2 cent. oh by the way I am no sifu. just gain a bit knowledge bit here and there and from my experience driving a 4G15 (A).

cent88

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

cent88

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
I had forgotten what year the car is manufactured. Plate number PEM. so the internal u mean is crankshaft. crank pulley, cam shaft, what what cam rocker?, n...etc?

mabah

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:04 AM

mabah

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (cent88 @ Jul 9 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had forgotten what year the car is manufactured. Plate number PEM. so the internal u mean is crankshaft. crank pulley, cam shaft, what what cam rocker?, n...etc?

Yes something like that, or just click the link that drex put up in the reply to your question earlier. And one more thing using a better lubricants and make the engine as healthy as posssible helps also!

SplitFire

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (cent88 @ Jul 9 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bro, if can, pay a visit to drex sifu lor. Let him advice you. To believe him or not is up to you mar... at least you know which is which.

Anyway, I found that the best ground cable is those original yellow/black or black ground cable comes with engine. You can find these real ground cable at any potong shop. But whether enough length or not is another issue. Those after market colourful 5 point lar....7 point lar..... very hard to say is good or not. Some only using normal ICE speakers cable also claim to be veryeffective. Very subjective ler.

I'm using those 5 point blue colour dunno what brand cable. Plus original 2 point comes with my car. Then I bought from potong shop 2 more ori ground cable at RM5 per pcs. TotalI got 9 points ground. But only 6 points ground direct back to battery's -ve ternimal. Ifind that smoother air-con kick-in. Less weeeee.wweeee... sound on my ICE. Less vibration on engine while idle. Less static charge on myself. Coz last time after I drove my junk, whenever I'm in contact to any person or metal, it'll SPARK. Dem painful sometime. smile_big.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

rallychamp

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 10 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm using those 5 point blue colour dunno what brand cable. Plus original 2 point comes with my car. Then I bought from potong shop 2 more ori ground cable at RM5 per pcs. TotalI got 9 points ground. But only 6 points ground direct back to battery's -ve ternimal. Ifind that smoother air-con kick-in. Less weeeee.wweeee... sound on my ICE. Less vibration on engine while idle. Less static charge on myself. Coz last time after I drove my junk, whenever I'm in contact to any person or metal, it'll SPARK. Dem painful sometime. smile_big.gif

*haha..good tips from u....

-no wonder la ur name was splitfire...when u split from your car then u would cause fire with that spark... laugh.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

cent88

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:07 AM

cent88

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
@splitfire:
do u hv any pictures or...of wira grounding? i duno which point/bolt to ground. especially for EFI, engine(ignition coil), gear box, alternator, radiator, air-cond n etc...

SplitFire

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (cent88 @ Jul 13 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@splitfire:
do u hv any pictures or...of wira grounding? i duno which point/bolt to ground. especially for EFI, engine(ignition coil), gear box, alternator, radiator, air-cond n etc...

Opened up a nut or 2, coil the ground terminal in, then tie it back lor...

Normal grounding points are near throttle body, engine block, gearbox, alternator, air-con compressor. The other end direct back to -ve ternimal lor....

My Wajunk one I can shoot for you some pics lar. Wira cannot ler. Maybe uncle limking can help. But you gotto belanja him yamseng guiness stout... smile_big.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

cent88

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:47 AM

cent88

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
Wajunk? why junk?

Did u all lap the paint off from the body before attach the grounding terminal n screw it?
I tot paint wont conduct electric...

SplitFire

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (cent88 @ Jul 14 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wajunk? why junk?

Did u all lap the paint off from the body before attach the grounding terminal n screw it?
I tot paint wont conduct electric...

Thats how I call my beloved Waja mar... People all said Waja sucks, so I call it wajunk lor.. smile_big.gif Coz I said my car quite error free for the past 7 yrs of ownership, a lot of forummer don't believe. Now it had over 250K km on its ODO. Interior still 80% new. Exterior sprayed 3 times already, 95% scratchless beside stone marks. Accident free through out my ownership. smile_big.gif Touchwood!

No need to scratch off the paint. Just tie the terminal, then moved the terminal to up and down to scratch off a little paint off will do. If you scratch too deep in it'll be rusting in no time.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire