Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vios The Dugong

• Please log in to reply

mabah

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

mabah

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (BSDriver @ Jul 17 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True my GPS reading records 5 - km slower than the speedo reading. Tested in 3 different cars.

My GPS reading is about 5-10km/h slower in my wira compare to speedo but almost the same in myvi. Most probably the myvi still new and using stock tyre compared to my wira which is using 50/r15 instead of 55/r15 tyres. Sorry back to topic

simonlim

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
the GPS in my relative's estima ACR30 is accurate according to the speedometer but the car is on larger rims and tires compared to the original measurements. 215/50R17
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

radiohead

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

radiohead

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 658 posts
QUOTE (rizzo8 @ Jul 10 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which proton model were you referring to?

If you're talking about Juwara or Tiara, you're maybe right. But if you're talking about New Saga, Gen2, Pesona or Neo, are you

kidding me?

Quality wise, Saga, Neo, Gen2 or Pesona may be lower than Vios, but styling wise, they are much much better than Vios.

And not to be called bias, I own neither of all the models mentioned here.

looks factor - yah yer right - that s probably general public view about our car looks..
& i m not proton fan either, more to basher lah

city turn ok. vios turn KO smile_tongue.gif

nextvios

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

nextvios

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts
QUOTE (radiohead @ Sep 16 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
city turn ok. vios turn KO smile_tongue.gif

Agree with this statement. I am driving the 1st generation Vios which I personally feel looks better than the current model.

flee

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
All car speedos are mechanical and are geared to the transmission. So there is bound to be errors. Most of the time manufacturers calibrate the speedos to over read. Margin of error is usually 3-5%. If you change tyres to different sizes, the speedo error could be reduced or increased.

GPS can also throw up errors, if improperly used. So use your head before you accept the numbers, whichever method you choose!
Regards,
Flee