Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vios The Dugong

• Please log in to reply

simonlim

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (adynax @ Jul 11 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agree...agree...
vios also has best engine perfomance
can tapau waja 1.6....even vios only 1.5
keep it on vios owner !!

but 1st gen vios 1.5 can only tailgate a waja 1.6(M) with mitsubishi 4g18p engine, my own experience.
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

rizzo8

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

rizzo8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
QUOTE (adynax @ Jul 11 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agree...agree...
vios also has best engine perfomance
can tapau waja 1.6....even vios only 1.5
keep it on vios owner !!

dude, we're talking about looks, not how fast they go or if they can tapau each other. don't make yourself a laughing stock for caldina gt or supra owners by talking about speed smile_big.gif

azbro

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
On the highway...Waja tapau Vios at top speed....but in the back roads..vios got advantage because of the VVti...

A very funny thing is, I'm using a GPS in my car..and it registers 10km/h less even at 80km/h.
So if you are travelling 180km/h...it is probably 170km/h.

Thats why some ppl. say if you are going less than 120km/h never kena saman on a 110 stretch of highway...I think the manufacturer did that on purpose. Even my using a stop watch which has a speed function, it still registers 10km/h less if times against the highway km indication.

But I still look at the car speedometer rather than the GPS system.

I have to admit, I did change the tire size from 185/55/15 to 195/50/15...the Speedometer Difference: 1.504% too fast in theory.
But I dun think this is calculate to 10km/h slower.

Can anyone with a GPS system confirm this?

Anyway, new Vios acceleration from standstill or rolling is faster than older Vios...but top speed not sure.
I think I've to lighten my old Vios flywheel in order to compete with the new Vios.

paparadzi

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:46 AM

paparadzi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Jul 12 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone with a GPS system confirm this?

Can confirm at highway speed actual ground speed (GPS) is about 7-10 km/h slower than indicated (speedometer) for both Vios and Camry.

alantribe

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

alantribe

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
Even my unser has got a difference of about 5-7km/h compared to the gps.
THE "engine-near"

BSDriver

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

BSDriver

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (paparadzi @ Jul 14 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can confirm at highway speed actual ground speed (GPS) is about 7-10 km/h slower than indicated (speedometer) for both Vios and Camry.

True my GPS reading records 5 - km slower than the speedo reading. Tested in 3 different cars.

BSDriver

jayraptor

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (paparadzi @ Jul 14 2009, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention, when 2 different cars are moving side by side at 80km/h, 1 is actually slower. The speedometer is often 100% accurate for some cars. Some even tweaked the speedometer to move faster than actual speed as gimmick to make people think that his car can really run while some did it for safety reason to keep drivers from speeding faster than road max speed limit.

kawkawchan

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

kawkawchan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 17 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to mention, when 2 different cars are moving side by side at 80km/h, 1 is actually slower. The speedometer is often 100% accurate for some cars. Some even tweaked the speedometer to move faster than actual speed as gimmick to make people think that his car can really run while some did it for safety reason to keep drivers from speeding faster than road max speed limit.

The tyres size will oso affect the speedo accuracy as well .........
I'm kaw kaw chan mo pong chan

paparadzi

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

paparadzi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
Whatever the difference is, I always take the GPS speed as the correct one.

jayraptor

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (kawkawchan @ Jul 18 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tyres size will oso affect the speedo accuracy as well .........

Sorry mistake in typing. The speedometer are inaccurate in some stock cars without any modification or change of tyre size. That's why when 2 different cars, both having reading of 80km/h each on their speedometers, 1 will be ahead and is 10km/h faster.