Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bosch Aerotwin Wiper

• Please log in to reply

Satriaguy

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

Satriaguy

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
Anyone using this wiper ? how good is it, the price is quite on the high side, even more expensive than some of the silicon wiper, worth buying this ?

vr2turbo

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (Satriaguy @ Jul 6 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone using this wiper ? how good is it, the price is quite on the high side, even more expensive than some of the silicon wiper, worth buying this ?

I think paying for the design only. The other post on bracket less wiper, also have some sort of aerodynamic design...... smile_tongue.gif

Omnipotent

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

Omnipotent

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
I've been using it for more than 18 months and it is still wiping like new...do note however, I always park in a covered area and lift up my wipers when I'm at home...

One thing I notice is that the blades on Aerotwin is thicker and broader than those on conventional Bosch (I only use Bosch wipers since I started driving) and due to this fact, they have less tendency to deform when pressed to the windscreen...until today the blades are still 90 degress perpendicular to the windscreen...

Also noticed that there is less wind noise when driving on highways (this probably does not make any difference for cars which the wipers are tucked away nicely below the windscreen, behind the hood) but this is my experience on my Waja previously...

On the negative side, I have phobias that the wipers might get stolen and leave me wiper-less in a rainy day (they are quite expensive and 18+ months ago, Bosch had just introduced these retrofitting Aerotwins) so I always had another pair of conventional wipers in my car.

vr2turbo

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (Omnipotent @ Jul 7 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been using it for more than 18 months and it is still wiping like new...do note however, I always park in a covered area and lift up my wipers when I'm at home...

One thing I notice is that the blades on Aerotwin is thicker and broader than those on conventional Bosch (I only use Bosch wipers since I started driving) and due to this fact, they have less tendency to deform when pressed to the windscreen...until today the blades are still 90 degress perpendicular to the windscreen...

Also noticed that there is less wind noise when driving on highways (this probably does not make any difference for cars which the wipers are tucked away nicely below the windscreen, behind the hood) but this is my experience on my Waja previously...

On the negative side, I have phobias that the wipers might get stolen and leave me wiper-less in a rainy day (they are quite expensive and 18+ months ago, Bosch had just introduced these retrofitting Aerotwins) so I always had another pair of conventional wipers in my car.

Good back up plan....heh! heh!

idsi2007

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

idsi2007

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (Omnipotent @ Jul 7 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's true also. Wiper are easiest item get stolen smile_sad.gif smile_sad.gif

ring

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
For the price of a DuraEdge, I think it is over price. I am the current the Dura user and I can give testament that so far there is no other product that can match it. Now already using for 30 months and a very satisfied owner. Base on my visual inspection yesterday, it could last for another 24 months and by then I get all my money worth for every penny$$$. The best part is my warranty period is not expired until the 60th month... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif
Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

vr2turbo

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jul 13 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the price of a DuraEdge, I think it is over price. I am the current the Dura user and I can give testament that so far there is no other product that can match it. Now already using for 30 months and a very satisfied owner. Base on my visual inspection yesterday, it could last for another 24 months and by then I get all my money worth for every penny$$$. The best part is my warranty period is not expired until the 60th month... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

But nobody can still explain why, from lifetime warranty, it went to 5 years and presently is 2 years warranty only..... smile_blackeye.gif

Omnipotent

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Omnipotent

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 13 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But nobody can still explain why, from lifetime warranty, it went to 5 years and presently is 2 years warranty only..... smile_blackeye.gif

I won't be able to comment on that as I have not used them before, although I've heard of it as well as their stories, famous or otherwise.

I reckoned if for the same price car manufacturers provide frameless wipers instead of silicon wipers, there should be some reasons for them to do so.

ring

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 13 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DuraEdge started (marketeer term it as developing phase) as lifetime warranty to attract buyer. Life time warranty is a high cost to the distributor. In the 2nd phase of its product (growth phase) , when more people accepted this product, the distributor start to cut corners by reducing warranty, thus, less for replacement need. You can look at the current DuraEdge product (maturing phase) which is sold in Ace Hardware. These are the one with 2 years warranty. Do take note, the pricing and the tip of the silicon wipe have reduced and shortern respectively. You will also notice that there has been quite a lot of competitiors entering this silicon base wipers market. You have PIAA (Japan), M1 refill (Think is fr Taiwan), Say-won (Something like this),etc.

But, please be aware ,as I was told, there are also imitation DuraEdge in the market.
Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

vr2turbo

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jul 15 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DuraEdge started (marketeer term it as developing phase) as lifetime warranty to attract buyer. Life time warranty is a high cost to the distributor. In the 2nd phase of its product (growth phase) , when more people accepted this product, the distributor start to cut corners by reducing warranty, thus, less for replacement need. You can look at the current DuraEdge product (maturing phase) which is sold in Ace Hardware. These are the one with 2 years warranty. Do take note, the pricing and the tip of the silicon wipe have reduced and shortern respectively. You will also notice that there has been quite a lot of competitiors entering this silicon base wipers market. You have PIAA (Japan), M1 refill (Think is fr Taiwan), Say-won (Something like this),etc.

But, please be aware ,as I was told, there are also imitation DuraEdge in the market.

Bro. ring,
Thanks for your explanation.... smile_thumbup.gif
M1 I have tried, and they are not bad...... smile_tongue.gif

As for imitation, once well known sure to have... smile_blackeye.gif
In Tyre and Wheel Talk, suddenly got a vr2turbro nick came in. I am vr2turbo....ha! ha! smile_wink.gif
but lucky he has since quiet down for a while.