Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Motor Cycle Tolls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dh955

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

dh955

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Jul 15 2009, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3) Further to No. 2 - when more petrol was used, the need for fossil also increase, increase demand will inevitably force the price to go up, right? Are you happy if the price of petrol is up?? I dont think so!!!

how is "more petrol going to get used? For what? Toll highways less congested because no bikers, so traffic more free flowing uses less petrol. An example is AKLEH, before bikers allowed, no congestion, now bikers allowed, terrible congestion!

U see thing only from ur perspective, but to make good decision that please more ppl, u need to broaden ur view, if bikers stop using AKLEH, then jalan ampang will get much worce than it current state while AHLEH will probably improve slightly, (Maybe is time u prove to me that biker is why AKLEH get congested)
In this case, the overall effect is worse off, (see my above replied) which lead to overall longer road time and increase toxic fume emission , right? is it that hard to understand?

3) If biker need to pay toll, can u imagine your car Queing behind an additional of 20~30 bikes before you can pay for your ticket, not a very good thing, isnt it?
A special booth or bike lane for biker, you said? what if the biker decided not to use the toll highway, (which is very likely) who is going to pay for the additional cost incurred? YOU?

no need to use stupid way of collecting tolls in Malaysia, have you been to Dubai? See how traffic doesn't even stop to pay! Get modernised and stop living in the past!

We have touch and go, we have smart tag, can u please tell me why there are still so many user choose to pay cash??
Why so many stupid ppl one?? why? we really need more ppl like u to give us an answer, miss Kaylar.

4) please understand that the highway was build for everyone, why is there a toll is simply because the G dont have sufficient fund, hence the toll is like a "Koperasi", every one chipped in to help build the road, once the cost is recovered the toll will be abolished, those additional space for toll booth specially make for bike cost money, and if u insist on that, then all malaysian have to pay the toll longer for the escalation of cost, this is not what u want,right?

this is a very untrue statement. Get your facts right about how toll highways were procured and paid for.

Untrue? get my facts right? OMG!!! i really admired your ignorant!!

For your information, biker is doing all of us a big favor, imagine all the bikers start driving instead .. u probably have to leave home 2 hours earlier to get to work on time!! not forgetting 2 hours extra on the road to get home. (in case u dont know, most bikers in klang valley own a car, if they dont, with 9 years installment plan, it is not that big a deal to buy a saga now a day)

what's this got to do with paying tolls, it would still be less costly for car and bike owners to use bike, so your logic is bullshit!

Yup, i am not talking abt toll, but instead i just want you to know how ungrateful u r. U seems to hate the biker so much, so i just want point out ur hatred towards the biker is ungrateful. I tot i ve made my point very clear...

Lets say all of them (those biker who have car) decided to drive tomolo, U think u can still reach your office within the same time frame?? The biker has contribute to YOU by saving ur time, am i right?

Until now i only talk about how much time u get to save because of biker, what with "it would still be less costly for car and bike owners to use bike"?? Another tactic of urs to twist and turn again??

now the logic is really starting to come apart, are you a politician?

Maybe i should be one, but u better stay out of it as we already have many self-centered one around.

the "thought out" bit is for discussion, this is merely a proposal to which I haven't seen a worthwhile reply except lots of irrational and emotional knee jerk reactions. But, since the discussion here is really worthless as shown by the posts so far, I'll just be off on my Harley. Cheers!

irrational and emotional knee jerk reactions? I am confuse now, i tot i should be using this line!!
Oh... u are good.. this is exactly what our politicians do when they run out of answer.

U better stay away from politic.. malaysian have suffer enuf..
born to cruise

kohf1drive

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (dh955 @ Jul 15 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U didnt read the whole thing , right?

The conclusion is : The thread starter is not capable of discussing such complicated issue. And if u toll the biker, u will create bigger problem that other members of society not willing to accept, beside Kaylar. While the problem of "Trouble-Making-biker" remain unsolved.

Hence, toll free for bikers!!

Hahaha....

I had read from the 1st post
In the post starter perspective, it will not have conclusion unless we all agree his/her view

kaylcar

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:22 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
I think it's now time for your medication. smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (dh955 @ Jul 16 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U see thing only from ur perspective, but to make good decision that please more ppl, u need to broaden ur view, if bikers stop using AKLEH, then jalan ampang will get much worce than it current state while AHLEH will probably improve slightly, (Maybe is time u prove to me that biker is why AKLEH get congested)
In this case, the overall effect is worse off, (see my above replied) which lead to overall longer road time and increase toxic fume emission , right? is it that hard to understand?

We have touch and go, we have smart tag, can u please tell me why there are still so many user choose to pay cash??
Why so many stupid ppl one?? why? we really need more ppl like u to give us an answer, miss Kaylar.

Untrue? get my facts right? OMG!!! i really admired your ignorant!!

Yup, i am not talking abt toll, but instead i just want you to know how ungrateful u r. U seems to hate the biker so much, so i just want point out ur hatred towards the biker is ungrateful. I tot i ve made my point very clear...

Lets say all of them (those biker who have car) decided to drive tomolo, U think u can still reach your office within the same time frame?? The biker has contribute to YOU by saving ur time, am i right?

Until now i only talk about how much time u get to save because of biker, what with "it would still be less costly for car and bike owners to use bike"?? Another tactic of urs to twist and turn again??

Maybe i should be one, but u better stay out of it as we already have many self-centered one around.

the "thought out" bit is for discussion, this is merely a proposal to which I haven't seen a worthwhile reply except lots of irrational and emotional knee jerk reactions. But, since the discussion here is really worthless as shown by the posts so far, I'll just be off on my Harley. Cheers!

irrational and emotional knee jerk reactions? I am confuse now, i tot i should be using this line!!
Oh... u are good.. this is exactly what our politicians do when they run out of answer.

U better stay away from politic.. malaysian have suffer enuf..

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

kraprz

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

kraprz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
hmmm.....still u did not commented my post kaylcar.

eitherway....it seems like this thread is going no where and already build up some anger/calling names/unhealthy issues. if still doesnt change way foward, i'll report this to mod/admin. hope that they will closed the thread.

TheGunner

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:31 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
People, I have actually received a complaint on this thread. I'm putting this thread in my watchlist. This is a warning to all to keep the discussion civilized and refrain from name-calling each other.

What is being discussed here, is actually a very valid topic. Should motorcyclists pay tolls like the rest of us who drive?

To be honest, I have not sat on a bike before, so I definitely can't claim to understand the plight of bikers, and neither would I pretend to. From a driver's perspective, bikers can be a nuisance at times, but then again so are many Malaysian road users (be it those on two wheels or on four).

Bikers weaving in between cars during jams is no issue to me at all, but I do urge those of you on two wheels to be extra vigilant and alert of other road users. A problem I have with many bikers is that while waiting to exit at junctions, many tend to position themselves in my blind spots. (Perhaps we can start a separate thread on this?)

I read about iwae405's tale on the family who rode their kapchai from Ipoh all the way to BP, and I was genuinely touched by that. I too wish the man can afford a car some day and ferry his loved ones in safety. smile_approve.gif

I believe it's safe to assume that most bikers (those using kapchais) made their choice to go on two-wheels primarily for cost & time saving reasons. My opinion is that charging them extra at the tolls is not the answer, as it would spread the burden across the board, including those who opted for bikes because they cannot afford a car.

kaylcar, I believe the underlying reason of your proposal is due to bad experience with reckless bikers on the road (e.g. Mat Rempits). The solution lies, therefore, in tackling this group by
1) Rework the process of obtaining the motorcycle license by means of a more comprehensive etiquette education and stringent testing. This would ensure only safe and responsible bikers graduate to the road. (Note: Works well without corruption)
2) Stricter enforcement of biking etiquette on the road. Sorry to say this, but the family iwae405 encountered should not be allowed on a bike, solely on the grounds of safety. If you need to ferry more than two pax, you definitely should use four wheels.
3) A concerted effort by the police to stop the Mat Rempit menace (Note: There are political implications preventing this)

btw, I notice a lot of you change your tone after realising kaylcar is female. You ppl really no hope la. smile_big.gif

for me, male or female, if go against forum rules, will still kena lock/ban, ok? smile_big.gif

now, let's get back to topic. smile_tongue.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

bOROi

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

for me, male or female, if go against forum rules, will still kena lock/ban, ok? smile_big.gif

[/quote]

bro, wondering, would you give special preference to someone who is neither male nor female??? rolleyes.gif

Sorry just couldnt resist it....BTW it would certainly help if motorcyclists when riding their bikes think of the problems faced by drivers, similarly drivers should think of the problems faced by motorcyclists...Once we can appreciate and understand each others problem, will go along way towards harmony on the roads.

Rgds

Myah United Rules!!!!

TheGunner

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:47 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Jul 16 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro, wondering, would you give special preference to someone who is neither male nor female??? rolleyes.gif

No preference. I'm fair wan. smile_big.gif

Sorry just couldnt resist it....

Sorry no cure.

BTW it would certainly help if motorcyclists when riding their bikes think of the problems faced by drivers, similarly drivers should think of the problems faced by motorcyclists...Once we can appreciate and understand each others problem, will go along way towards harmony on the roads.

EXACTLY!! smile_thumbup.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

kraprz

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

kraprz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
would it change your tone or perspective if the persons is neither female or male? wouldnt that be an interesting thread to coment onwards. hahaha...sorry, no offence to anyone.

I truly agree with TheGunner. if this topic produce unhealthy discussion, please close and delete it. this mean to everyone. Suggested anyone that did not follow the rules & regulation to be given infractions or at most ban. subjected to mod/admin discretion.

warek

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

warek

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
my 1 cent

why don't we just agree with her

a hate this never ending argument.. so much hatred

kaylcar

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
no point smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jul 16 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People, I have actually received a complaint on this thread. I'm putting this thread in my watchlist. This is a warning to all to keep the discussion civilized and refrain from name-calling each other.

What is being discussed here, is actually a very valid topic. Should motorcyclists pay tolls like the rest of us who drive?

To be honest, I have not sat on a bike before, so I definitely can't claim to understand the plight of bikers, and neither would I pretend to. From a driver's perspective, bikers can be a nuisance at times, but then again so are many Malaysian road users (be it those on two wheels or on four).

Bikers weaving in between cars during jams is no issue to me at all, but I do urge those of you on two wheels to be extra vigilant and alert of other road users. A problem I have with many bikers is that while waiting to exit at junctions, many tend to position themselves in my blind spots. (Perhaps we can start a separate thread on this?)

I read about iwae405's tale on the family who rode their kapchai from Ipoh all the way to BP, and I was genuinely touched by that. I too wish the man can afford a car some day and ferry his loved ones in safety. smile_approve.gif

I believe it's safe to assume that most bikers (those using kapchais) made their choice to go on two-wheels primarily for cost & time saving reasons. My opinion is that charging them extra at the tolls is not the answer, as it would spread the burden across the board, including those who opted for bikes because they cannot afford a car.

kaylcar, I believe the underlying reason of your proposal is due to bad experience with reckless bikers on the road (e.g. Mat Rempits). The solution lies, therefore, in tackling this group by
1) Rework the process of obtaining the motorcycle license by means of a more comprehensive etiquette education and stringent testing. This would ensure only safe and responsible bikers graduate to the road. (Note: Works well without corruption)
2) Stricter enforcement of biking etiquette on the road. Sorry to say this, but the family iwae405 encountered should not be allowed on a bike, solely on the grounds of safety. If you need to ferry more than two pax, you definitely should use four wheels.
3) A concerted effort by the police to stop the Mat Rempit menace (Note: There are political implications preventing this)

btw, I notice a lot of you change your tone after realising kaylcar is female. You ppl really no hope la. smile_big.gif

now, let's get back to topic. smile_tongue.gif

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?