Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Civic 1.8 Vs Corolla Altis 1.8g

• Please log in to reply

Popcorn

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
OK taken note of yur point.

Actually if worry abt 2nd hand value.. and reliability (esp. lower arms) then buy Altis.

If not, go for Civic but shud wait about for the upcoming new model as shud be due for a new model anytime now..
Cruiser

sunyatsen

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 8 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please re-check the rear passenger headroom. It's definitely not for passenger taller than 5'6". Nothing bad on the legroom but the rear headroom.

Civic is noisy? Honda engine is always one of the most quietest. The noise is just the tyres when cruising on highway and when revving as Honda engines are designed to revv hard.

If new Civic is to launch in 2010, wonder whether Sylphy will get its replacement as both came out in 2005? Altis appeared in 2007 so its replacement should appear only somewhere in 2012.

Hi popcorn!
If I'm Toyota diehard fans, how come I give Lancer higher point? I'm the type that don't choose sides when it comes to cars. The owner & his passenger will have to live with the cons (eg. poor interior width making it difficult to buckle up seatbelt or expensive maintenance) if wrong car was bought.

No, I didn't mention that the Honda engine is noisy. In fact, I love the sound so much. It is so sweeeet. He He He. Just that I have stresed on the tyre noise on a few of my replies around the forum. It doesn't matter what and who is right, the ultimate decision is on the buyer. When comes to cabin space, it all depends on the driver and the family members perception (passengers). Specifications can be misleading for times. rolleyes.gif

whathef

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:33 AM

whathef

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 807 posts
To pinpoint which one better, let say for the first 2 years is difficult. Both has their advantages and both are excellent cars.

But wait 5 years down the road. I guess u guys know which one better. Civic rattles too much.

So if you're planning to take 7 to 9 years loan, go for Altis. As easy as that. Plus better resale value.

Think and evaluate carefully.

fkmfkm

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jul 8 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please re-check the rear passenger headroom. It's definitely not for passenger taller than 5'6". Nothing bad on the legroom but the rear headroom.

Civic is noisy? Honda engine is always one of the most quietest. The noise is just the tyres when cruising on highway and when revving as Honda engines are designed to revv hard.

If new Civic is to launch in 2010, wonder whether Sylphy will get its replacement as both came out in 2005? Altis appeared in 2007 so its replacement should appear only somewhere in 2012.

Hi popcorn!
If I'm Toyota diehard fans, how come I give Lancer higher point? I'm the type that don't choose sides when it comes to cars. The owner & his passenger will have to live with the cons (eg. poor interior width making it difficult to buckle up seatbelt or expensive maintenance) if wrong car was bought.

jayraptor...you go by real facts..

sunyatsen

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (whathef @ Jul 11 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To pinpoint which one better, let say for the first 2 years is difficult. Both has their advantages and both are excellent cars.

But wait 5 years down the road. I guess u guys know which one better. Civic rattles too much.

So if you're planning to take 7 to 9 years loan, go for Altis. As easy as that. Plus better resale value.

My Civic less than a year already rattles.

fkmfkm

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (sunyatsen @ Jul 11 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Civic less than a year already rattles.

Less than a year ? u got rattle snake inside ?

Popcorn

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (whathef @ Jul 11 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use the car 7-9 years and take a 7-9 year loan.. c'mon if all use car for 7-9 years, car company how to survive! Taking such long tenor loan benefits the bank...
Just my 2cents
Cruiser

simonlim

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jul 11 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use the car 7-9 years and take a 7-9 year loan.. c'mon if all use car for 7-9 years, car company how to survive! Taking such long tenor loan benefits the bank...
Just my 2cents

there are some people who cant afford to pay it all in a shorter period and thus taking such a loan. and they wanted to have a better and lasting car only. my 2 cents
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

sunyatsen

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:36 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Jul 11 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Less than a year ? u got rattle snake inside ?

No rattle snakes but mouse and crickets hiding especially at the dashboard edge brackets. smile_tongue.gif

jayraptor

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jul 11 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just my 2cents

For those with lower buying power and wanted to buy 1st hand quality or nice car, that's how it is. Have to use for 7-9years. Those who are richer can be kind enough to change car every 4 years so that the less rich could buy 2nd hand good/nice car.

Hi fkmfkm,

That's how I test cars before decide to buy. Check all cons 1st & don't regret later. smile_cool.gif
Learnt the hard way. I got stuck with N16 that I regret buying, don't know whether I can buy new car in 2010.