Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Must Service At Proton Sc During Warranty Period?

• Please log in to reply

sento

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

sento

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
I'm new to proton. Must we service our proton ride at the SC for the full duration of warranty period?

Standard warranty is 3 years or 100k mileage, extended warranty is additional 2 years or till 175k. So, do we have to service at SC till 5 years/175k? That is a long time, considering the high cost of servicing at SC (about 30-40% higher than outside mechanic). And the SC don't allow you to bring your own oil/filter/etc, saying warranty void, etc.

Or can we service outside after the 3 years/100k?

My previous honda city, i bring my own things, and the SC never make noise.

...sento
Dreamcars Asia KL 2005 Photos
http://photobucket.com/albums/a59/sentosaza/

mp420

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

mp420

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
Yes. U must done repair or servicing your new Proton at authorized SC to enjoy the warranty. Not every service at SC is always expensive. U can cut those unnecessary parts like oil treatment etc. I agree the labour cost is higher but since u have to maintain the warranty, u have to live with it. Certain SC can bring own oil. Just try your look! For me, I'm OK with because my SC supply Shell. Hehe.

After the 3 years, it's up to u whether want to service at outside or not as the extended warranty didn't cover all the parts that faulty. It will stated at the extended warranty policy that will be send to u soon via mail. If u want to claim, u have to deal with insurance company and have to wait approval from them.

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

mitsu4g18

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

mitsu4g18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts
QUOTE (sento @ Jun 24 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm new to proton. Must we service our proton ride at the SC for the full duration of warranty period?

Standard warranty is 3 years or 100k mileage, extended warranty is additional 2 years or till 175k. So, do we have to service at SC till 5 years/175k? That is a long time, considering the high cost of servicing at SC (about 30-40% higher than outside mechanic). And the SC don't allow you to bring your own oil/filter/etc, saying warranty void, etc.

Or can we service outside after the 3 years/100k?

My previous honda city, i bring my own things, and the SC never make noise.

yes, you got to follow the book smile_approve.gif
benji

SplitFire

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:22 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (mitsu4g18 @ Jun 24 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, you got to follow the book smile_approve.gif

I never claim from them after my 3rd service. Coz I never went back to SC to service my junk.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

sento

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

sento

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
Thanks for the advice. Looks like need to save up $$ for the higher SC cost. If I can find a SC that allows me to bring my own things (original), then I can save 20-30% as I'm a regular customer at a neighborhood auto supply shop. To me, as long as i use original parts, warranty should not be void, cos i use the SC's labour.

Can recommend a SC that is good, reliable, "willing to take the trouble to diagnose problems", allow to bring own things? Preferably PJ or shah alam area. Am thinking of the COSE centre along Kesas highway, or Glenmarie. Some forumers suggest the 3S Mutiara Damansara.

...sento
Dreamcars Asia KL 2005 Photos
http://photobucket.com/albums/a59/sentosaza/