Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Acv30 Vs Acv31

• Please log in to reply

simonlim

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (WajaPremium @ Jun 25 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simon, you had left out the folloiwngs:
4 spoke leather steering with wood trim, 6 CD changer instead of single disc player, sun visors with lamp (passenger and driver), illuminated entry system with door lamp (ACV 31 has), leg room lights and inner door handle lights, power rear sun shade, one touch power windows with anti jam on all doors (ACV 31 on driver only) and some extra chrome and wood trim.

yeah, nice!
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

rochan

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

rochan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
Thanks guy.

The features sounded like the current model for 2.4V.

Can I confirm that all the features that you mentioned is for the "big butt" ACV30 and not the current model? If yes, wow! that is definitely a bargain buy cause I think the price for ACV30 and ACV31 is not very far apart.

simonlim

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (rochan @ Jun 27 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guy.

Can I confirm that all the features that you mentioned is for the "big butt" ACV30 and not the current model? If yes, wow! that is definitely a bargain buy cause I think the price for ACV30 and ACV31 is not very far apart.

yes, wajapremium is driving the ACV30 squarish butt. believe him. it's worth a few thousands more for such features in a used car.
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

Joytoy

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
ANother ACV30/31 kaki !! smile_clown.gif
smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

simonlim

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Jun 28 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ANother ACV30/31 kaki !! smile_clown.gif

how many do we have here now? though economic recession is still on, but more and more people are realising the reliability of the camry and hence switch over from plotong cars mostly. hail camry!
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

scend

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

scend

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Jun 28 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how many do we have here now? though economic recession is still on, but more and more people are realising the reliability of the camry and hence switch over from plotong cars mostly. hail camry!

ya...ya... long life CAMRY !!!!!!!!! smile_thumbup.gif

scend

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:13 AM

scend

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Jun 28 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, wajapremium is driving the ACV30 squarish butt. believe him. it's worth a few thousands more for such features in a used car.

especially the used ACV 40 smile_thumbup.gif 5 gears smile_thumbup.gif

scend

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:57 AM

scend

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
rochan,

i was in ur situation before when making decission to buy the ACV .....

yes, no doubt that the price difference between the ACV30 and ACV31 is not that much for a used unit and u will get a few add-ons in the ACV30..... for me it's a good deal ......

i would like to share some of my reasons as listed below why i chose the ACV31 instead of the ACV30 :

1) i am upgrading from myvi (therefore, i am from a compact car to a mid sedan category) .... for me, from a 1300c.c to 2000 c.c is considered a huge upgrade.......

2) my requirement (apart from the standard features that the car has) are the leather seat/fog light and i managed to find that extras in my current "sayang" smile_approve.gif

3) no doubt, u will find more advanced features in the ACV30 like the MID/Digital a/cond/power seats/audio control on steering and etc... but i do dont think i'll play all these things all the time and therefore i still feel okay without these...

4) as for the FC, my 2.0 has been constantly reporting an at least 11 km/ltr in anytime for a 70 city/30 urban drive and i am very happy with this 7 yr old engine and i personally think the FC for 2.4 is about the same also(i beg the differ, u may refer to the thread for the FC infos on 2.0 and 2.4) .... no doubt the 2.4 could achieve better FC in hiway but i dont travel in hiway frequent (u must see ur daily driving pattern whether it is more in hiway or in city)

5) and last, the time when i bought my "sayang"......i had already planned in mind to get a used ACV40 in future due to it's latest design and the MOST IMPORTANTLY , it is the first model that has 5 forward gears since camry was launched in malaysia.... and i will be anjoying an another car upgrade again (from 2.0 to 2.4) if i change to the ACV40 in future... smile_thumbup.gif

the above are just my personnal thought only........... smile_shy.gif

WajaPremium

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

WajaPremium

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 619 posts
QUOTE (rochan @ Jun 27 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guy.

As simon said, I am driving the 'square butt' ACV 30 which I had acquired Nov 08 for RM 87 K. The specification I had provided is indeed the ACV 30's. In fact, the ACV 40 (current Camry) does not come with traction control due to cost reason and the sunglasses storage box on the ceiling is missing.

kelvinng

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

kelvinng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
QUOTE (scend @ Jun 29 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rochan,

i was in ur situation before when making decission to buy the ACV .....

yes, no doubt that the price difference between the ACV30 and ACV31 is not that much for a used unit and u will get a few add-ons in the ACV30..... for me it's a good deal ......

i would like to share some of my reasons as listed below why i chose the ACV31 instead of the ACV30 :

1) i am upgrading from myvi (therefore, i am from a compact car to a mid sedan category) .... for me, from a 1300c.c to 2000 c.c is considered a huge upgrade.......

2) my requirement (apart from the standard features that the car has) are the leather seat/fog light and i managed to find that extras in my current "sayang" smile_approve.gif

3) no doubt, u will find more advanced features in the ACV30 like the MID/Digital a/cond/power seats/audio control on steering and etc... but i do dont think i'll play all these things all the time and therefore i still feel okay without these...

4) as for the FC, my 2.0 has been constantly reporting an at least 11 km/ltr in anytime for a 70 city/30 urban drive and i am very happy with this 7 yr old engine and i personally think the FC for 2.4 is about the same also(i beg the differ, u may refer to the thread for the FC infos on 2.0 and 2.4) .... no doubt the 2.4 could achieve better FC in hiway but i dont travel in hiway frequent (u must see ur daily driving pattern whether it is more in hiway or in city)

5) and last, the time when i bought my "sayang"......i had already planned in mind to get a used ACV40 in future due to it's latest design and the MOST IMPORTANTLY , it is the first model that has 5 forward gears since camry was launched in malaysia.... and i will be anjoying an another car upgrade again (from 2.0 to 2.4) if i change to the ACV40 in future... smile_thumbup.gif

the above are just my personnal thought only........... smile_shy.gif