Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Suzuki Swift

• Please log in to reply

andy111172

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

andy111172

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (bluesoil @ Apr 13 2011, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all expert,
thank you so much for your valuable info & advice given...
in replying to Andy111172, no more thirty something & not sporty type too haha, just love hback lady design car..
sorry to disappoint your (if any tongue.gif) as i decide go for FF, altho there are lots to worry (eg. lack of service center, parts expensive, makan minyak, etc)
choosing a car same as choosing for husband, not sure which day i'll regret (that's me) tongue.gif
thanks again.. cheers

Glad to hear that. Good luck with your so called 'husband'.... 246.gif

darreltian

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

darreltian

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
QUOTE (bluesoil @ Apr 13 2011, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all expert,
thank you so much for your valuable info & advice given...
in replying to Andy111172, no more thirty something & not sporty type too haha, just love hback lady design car..
sorry to disappoint your (if any tongue.gif) as i decide go for FF, altho there are lots to worry (eg. lack of service center, parts expensive, makan minyak, etc)
choosing a car same as choosing for husband, not sure which day i'll regret (that's me) tongue.gif
thanks again.. cheers

ya..many ladies are eying on FF....in the end there is no good or bad choice....you choose what your heart desires and enjoy it while you still have the chance....don't worry FF FC is better than Dugong smile_wink.gif

Pepper3

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Pepper3

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (darreltian @ Apr 14 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya..many ladies are eying on FF....in the end there is no good or bad choice....you choose what your heart desires and enjoy it while you still have the chance....don't worry FF FC is better than Dugong smile_wink.gif

Got a new SS with mileage about 5k km. The thing is that the FC is really high avg 8-9km a litre (am quite shocked such FC for such a small car with 1.5 engine). Pick-up wise.. the gearbox not sensitive enough for downshift (and I thought this car pick-up should be good with 1050kg and a 1.5VVT engine), but find it a bit lembap! And if rev once, can smell burning smell in the cockpit with a/c on and lots of sound from the rear boot compartment!

Can any existing owners shed some light to all the above. It's like taken for a ride buying this car that somehow turning quite crappy almost like national car built with a premium price..

NohadT5

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (Pepper3 @ May 2 2011, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pick-up wise.. the gearbox not sensitive enough for downshift, but find it a bit lembap!

I faced the same thing too during running-in.
The gear shifts up too fast from 1st gear to 2nd and the engine chokes (like too much air/insufficient fuel) at 2000rpm to 2600rpm on 2nd gear but frees-up after 2800rpm.
Yup, it's lazy when need to kick-down too. Stomped on the throttle during overtaking/slight uphill gradient brings no kick-down action, have to down shift manually. It also struggles to reach 120km/h when I took it for a drive on the ELITE highway from Dengkil-USJ, the flatspot is again at between 2000rpm to 2600rpm.
Dunno whether the engine is too new or what but it is slightly better after the 1st 1000km service (SC tighten up the throttle cable), haven't got a chance to try it out after more running-in becos came to China 3 days after the 1st service 3 weeks ago.
Comparing to my SX4, my SX4 responses very much better although the HP & torque is nearly the same, maybe becos it is well runned-in with 45k km already.

So far the FC is around 10.8km/L with 30% highway but mainly stopping & waiting condition for the balance %.

So far no smell during the 2 weeks running-in.

As I do own a SXi Myvi myself, I will say the Swift is leaps & bounds more comfortable, much quieter & sturdier than the Myvi.

NohadT5

lasting999

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

lasting999

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Pepper3 & NohadT5 - all I can say is there are definitely something wrong with your SS. I bought my SS 1.3A cbu 2nd hand with 100,000km on it already and my fc average about 11.8km/L (ron95) with 50/50 city/highway driving. My friend after test drove my SS in dec/2010 sold his 6 years old Vios E and bought a new SS 1.5A CKD in feb/2011 and he managed to get 12.3km/L (ron95) and 13.3km/L (ron97) with similar driving conditions. Power wise, we are both about the same with my friend one slightly more powerful. So my advise to you 2 is to send in your SS to the sc to check. I've read somewhere that the catalytic converter and oxygen sensor could be the cause; usually it got hit by something and damaged.

lasting999

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

lasting999

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Another thing - after reading your post, on Sunday my friends and I decided to do some test run on highways. His SS 1.5A ckd just done his 5000km service and we ran it from 100kph to 160kph (we could go faster but he is chicken! Sorry bro...hehehe)
Anyway, at any of those speed the engine sounded much much "creamier" and smoother than my Vios (yes, I still have my Vios 1.5G!) and it gets to those speed as quick and as easily as my Vios. Cabin noise insulation is also a lot better than my Vios and at 100kph, we can hardly hear the engine noise, mostly just wind and tires noise muffled it. I must say that the standard wiper and side mirror are a bit annoying coz it makes whistling noise at about 90kph onwards, it happen on my SS also but at 100kph onwards. However, my SS 1.3A cbu is even more quiet and the engine is silky smooth at 90kph.

Cheers

prince8485

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

prince8485

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
my wife's suzzy just few months old..n now start giving the prob....th engines seems to come out with wu wu wu sound when on aircond and during low gear...went to 2 SC and both of them said it because of the air cond compressor and it NORMAL?????? wth......how come brand new car having such stupid prob n given the nonsence answered......have u ever come accross this prob? please share ur exp.....thanks all

lasting999

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

lasting999

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
QUOTE (prince8485 @ May 16 2011, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my wife's suzzy just few months old..n now start giving the prob....th engines seems to come out with wu wu wu sound when on aircond and during low gear...went to 2 SC and both of them said it because of the air cond compressor and it NORMAL?????? wth......how come brand new car having such stupid prob n given the nonsence answered......have u ever come accross this prob? please share ur exp.....thanks all

Not sure what u mean by "wu wu wu sound". You have to give more details like does the rpm drop or engine shake a lot when a/c switched on, have you every service your a/c? Details like that are more helpful. Most SC only good at servicing car including UMW, I brought my 7 years old Vios to complain about engine vibrate when a/c switched on and they told me it is normal for a 7 years old car, even suggest to me to trade-in & get a new Vios!

NohadT5

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (prince8485 @ May 16 2011, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
engines seems to come out with wu wu wu sound when on aircond and during low gear...went to 2 SC and both of them said it because of the air cond compressor and it NORMAL??????

Both my SX4 & Swift have this sound. On the SX4, the sound came after 45k km mileage & brand new on the SS.
As I'm overseas most of time and the car is driven by my family, I had a shocked (when I drove the car on my 2 weeks break)when I heard the low rubbing noise on my SX4 especially when it's still not quite warmed-up yet in the morning and when you apply a bit pressure on the accelerator on a slight uphill climb and slow speed. I thought my gearbox koyak already as the gearbox oil change schedule has been exceeded by 10k km, changed the gearbox oil but the low rubbing noise is still there in the morning. Found out the noise came from the A/C compressor when I test by turning off the A/C while driving slowly.

Looks like the A/C compressor oil might need to be filled-up but that doesn't solve the mystery of my SS A/C compressor making the noise as it is still brand new.

Maybe the sifus out there could help analyse the problem.
NohadT5

NohadT5

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (lasting999 @ May 13 2011, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NohadT5 - all I can say is there are definitely something wrong with your SS.

The drivability of the car certainly improved after more running-in (2k km already). Drove it when I went back to Malaysia 2 weekends ago and found the asthma feeling at 2000-2600 rpm is 50% gone and much more willing to rev to higher revs.

FC is subjective as the car spends quite a bit of time idling while waiting for people. Short start/stop driving around USJ doesn't help in giving good FC too.
NohadT5