Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Qmax Nano Air

• Please log in to reply

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
Hi all,

A quick sharing. I bought 2 pairs of this from Eneos about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't that convinced as the thing looked like merely a plastic thingy, but I was convinced by two things:

1. Their Dyno report through the looping videos played on screen.
2. 1 week money back guarantee if not satisfied.

I tested on

Proton Saga 1.5i 1991 Automatic
BMW 318i e46 2002
Smart Fortwo 2005
Toyota Camry 2008 2.4L

None of the above vehicles registered any improvements (not to mention significant' as claimed by the supplier) both in Performance and Braking Efficiency.

Return wasn't possible eventhough I contacted supplier within 5 days time.

So it was money wasted, and I thought it would be good to share with everyone.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (7998 @ Jun 19 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

A quick sharing. I bought 2 pairs of this from Eneos about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't that convinced as the thing looked like merely a plastic thingy, but I was convinced by two things:

1. Their Dyno report through the looping videos played on screen.
2. 1 week money back guarantee if not satisfied.

I tested on

Proton Saga 1.5i 1991 Automatic
BMW 318i e46 2002
Smart Fortwo 2005
Toyota Camry 2008 2.4L

None of the above vehicles registered any improvements (not to mention significant' as claimed by the supplier) both in Performance and Braking Efficiency.

Return wasn't possible eventhough I contacted supplier within 5 days time.

So it was money wasted, and I thought it would be good to share with everyone.

What happen to the 1 week money back guarantee. Anyway, how much does it cost?
If quite a lot, report to Consumer Tribunal.....

Anyway, I wonder how it will improve the brakes if it is fitted in the air filter....... smile_question.gif

fkmfkm

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 19 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyway, I wonder how it will improve the brakes if it is fitted in the air filter....... smile_question.gif

fitted in air filter ? u used before ?

limking

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 19 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Came across this little con last year ,was quoted around RM500 more or less included installation .This Q-max Nano air ( 2 pcs ) must fix on the air filter and must install together with a tiny T- shape compressor (filter is made from cork ) .Was told by the installer that once siap pasang ,the braking will feel like having ABS on it and pick up will be improved and so will hp .
One of the hose attached to the mini T shape compressor will be join to somewhere connected to the brake system ( where ? I have forgotten ) .According to the installer that the air that pump in will react as an ABS braking system .
Verdict : Did not buy into the the sweet sales talk . For my thought , a quality performance drop in air filter will yeild a better result and anything that tamper with the brake system is a dangerous thing to do .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Jun 19 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fitted in air filter ? u used before ?

No, have not use. I use Mr. Google to find out what this product is...ha! ha! smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Jun 20 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Came across this little con last year ,was quoted around RM500 more or less included installation .This Q-max Nano air ( 2 pcs ) must fix on the air filter and must install together with a tiny T- shape compressor (filter is made from cork ) .Was told by the installer that once siap pasang ,the braking will feel like having ABS on it and pick up will be improved and so will hp .
One of the hose attached to the mini T shape compressor will be join to somewhere connected to the brake system ( where ? I have forgotten ) .According to the installer that the air that pump in will react as an ABS braking system .
Verdict : Did not buy into the the sweet sales talk . For my thought , a quality performance drop in air filter will yeild a better result and anything that tamper with the brake system is a dangerous thing to do .

My mechanic have fitted those air compressor before for his clients. He is not selling those stuff, but it was his client who brought and insist they want to fit. Instruction shows fitting in between brake servo and engine by way of the servo vacuum hose. Even my mechanic refuse to cut the vacuum hose and fitted it else where to enter engine manifold.....

rdgs,

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:20 AM

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 22 2009, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mechanic have fitted those air compressor before for his clients. He is not selling those stuff, but it was his client who brought and insist they want to fit. Instruction shows fitting in between brake servo and engine by way of the servo vacuum hose. Even my mechanic refuse to cut the vacuum hose and fitted it else where to enter engine manifold.....

rdgs,

Qmax supplier replied my email and said I could return it to their office, but the problem is I am living in Penang. He gave me one of his agent in penang but I never bother to go to the shop for further progress. I knew it would be difficult because at that time, my purchase was already over the 7th days, although I lodged in my complaint before the 7th day.

One pair is RM98. I bought two pairs.

I tested both the braking and engine performance, neither one improved on all the cars mentioned above. Pls advise your friends who may be interested in this product. It didn't work!

vr2turbo

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:09 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (7998 @ Jun 23 2009, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Qmax supplier replied my email and said I could return it to their office, but the problem is I am living in Penang. He gave me one of his agent in penang but I never bother to go to the shop for further progress. I knew it would be difficult because at that time, my purchase was already over the 7th days, although I lodged in my complaint before the 7th day.

One pair is RM98. I bought two pairs.

I tested both the braking and engine performance, neither one improved on all the cars mentioned above. Pls advise your friends who may be interested in this product. It didn't work!

Just curious why you bought 2 pairs, since you don't know whether the product works or not?
If I were to test first, will buy one set to test....

rdgs,

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 23 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious why you bought 2 pairs, since you don't know whether the product works or not?
If I were to test first, will buy one set to test....

rdgs,

I was even promoted by the salesperson to achieve bestest result, i should buy 3 pcs per car, but I persuaded another friend to take a pair, and I took a pair myself. That's the reason why it came to 4 pcs.

Be it 1 pcs or put 10 pcs, that thing will never show improvement!

vr2turbo

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (7998 @ Jun 25 2009, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was even promoted by the salesperson to achieve bestest result, i should buy 3 pcs per car, but I persuaded another friend to take a pair, and I took a pair myself. That's the reason why it came to 4 pcs.

Be it 1 pcs or put 10 pcs, that thing will never show improvement!

The picture I saw in their website, placing the Qmax Nano over the air filter, the more your place on top, the less air is going to get it, as the Nano seems to be blocking the way...... smile_blackeye.gif