Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Sylphy Impul

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Jun 22 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well since Sylphy is comfort tuned as a family car... not surprising handling so-so only...

The engine 133ps mated with X-CVT is for smooth driving good pick-up (minimal transmission loss in power) and good FC... not a performance tuned sedan.

Anyway for ALtis... Dual-Vvti.. these engine option is out is overseas market but not here.. impressive piece of technology on paper matching Honda's performance via their i-VTEC.. FC wise unsure.

2 things lacking for the new Altis.. steering no sense of direction in high speed (EPS too light, suit town driving) and looks damn uncle!

If Altis looks unker, how about Sylphy's looks? Altis only looks too conventional and common but the design is universal, acceptable for some time. Sylphy's look is just weird and as the trend ends, no one knows whether the public could accept that weird look in future. Could even affect resale value for example Bluebird Altima 1994. Look what happen now.

Only time will tell whether the Altis 2.0L with dual VVT-i engine will be brought in. I think the chance is high as all UMW need to do is to bring in the engine. The chasis of Altis remain unchanged after all. Perhaps the new 2L engine could be Toyota's test on future local market for public perception on dual valve timing. Instead of starting it on the new facelift Camry, they'll use it on the existing Altis to boost Altis sales. EPS is just to assist, some don't mind whether it's too light or what. Accord's EPS too is very light some said not suitable for high speed driving.

Besides, owning cars today are expensive so reliability & durability is still on top. Unker looks or not as long as the looks still ok then it's ok to buy.

yeong

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jun 24 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I think the chance is high as all UMW need to do is to bring in the engine. The chasis of Altis remain unchanged after all. ...

FYI Altis is CBU from Thailand, so lagi easy for UMW to bring in new variants.

bigsmlleye

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

bigsmlleye

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
Just wonder does this impul version 's engine produce better performance then the original Sylphy? I refer the specification determine the horse power and torque remain the same as original one but a lot of ppl mention they feel the power is different with original Sylphy?

If not, why the impul version so expensive one just install body kit, rim and suspension?

Nissan should has one high performance C-segment car, just like Honda Civic got Type R, Lancer got EVO, Mazda 3 got MPS.

TheGunner

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (bigsmlleye @ Jun 3 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wonder does this impul version 's engine produce better performance then the original Sylphy? I refer the specification determine the horse power and torque remain the same as original one but a lot of ppl mention they feel the power is different with original Sylphy?

If not, why the impul version so expensive one just install body kit, rim and suspension?

Nissan should has one high performance C-segment car, just like Honda Civic got Type R, Lancer got EVO, Mazda 3 got MPS.

The Impul exhaust may lead people to feel the difference. Then again, it could also be psychological that having paid an additional RM10+k for the Impul kit, the owners want to feel a difference.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner