Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Safety Features On The 308

• Please log in to reply

wwaihong

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

wwaihong

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
Hi All
This is my 1st post since i join the 308club ....i got my 308vti just 2weeks ago and im still playing with all the gadgets.. since this auto pinch window been mention, i tried it...
a) it did not stop... so i kena sepit.
cool.gif i need to 'on' the child safety button located at right window handle, after that is ok already and it will automatically wind down.
so just for my own knowledge, does the turbo have this same issue or is it only apply to the vti?

mankarat

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
Very dangerous attempt bro... Dont put your finger... test with pencil or similarla... And important thing is finish to study the manual first before attemp anything...

ain206

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (mankarat @ Jun 26 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very dangerous attempt bro... Dont put your finger... test with pencil or similarla... And important thing is finish to study the manual first before attemp anything...

use something softer than pencil..... who knows pencil dont break the window broke...... then pocket also broken

wwaihong

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

wwaihong

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
Ha... ha... then i prefer the pencil broken lol... thanks for the advice though!

mankarat

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
haha...yeah pocket damage is bad... But i beleive better than finger crush (sepit)

mizhael

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (willbeh @ Jun 25 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just put anything at the window. Wind up your window automatically. When it touch something, it will automatically wind down.

I tried it yesterday, I put a tupperware and wind up, once the windows touch it, automatically wind down a bit.

willbeh

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

willbeh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
QUOTE (wwaihong @ Jun 26 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All
This is my 1st post since i join the 308club ....i got my 308vti just 2weeks ago and im still playing with all the gadgets.. since this auto pinch window been mention, i tried it...
a) it did not stop... so i kena sepit.
cool.gif i need to 'on' the child safety button located at right window handle, after that is ok already and it will automatically wind down.
so just for my own knowledge, does the turbo have this same issue or is it only apply to the vti?

Did you hold onto the wind up button? Or use the automatic wind up? Mind works with the automatic wind up. Didn't try holding on the the button.

Good advice not to use your hand, use something solve. I just tested with my wallet last time.

samt81

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

samt81

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
QUOTE (willbeh @ Jun 26 2009, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you hold onto the wind up button? Or use the automatic wind up? Mind works with the automatic wind up. Didn't try holding on the the button.

Good advice not to use your hand, use something solve. I just tested with my wallet last time.

If u didnt push back the side mirror button to centre, ur side mirror wont retract when u look the door with remote.

alankkwong

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:48 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
I heard from Nasim that, your AL4 gearbox has something special which is, during a traffic light wait uphill, the car will brake by itself until you accelerate. You don't have to press your brake during uphill. Just have to accelerate and go... anyone can confirm this?
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

samt81

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

samt81

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jul 1 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard from Nasim that, your AL4 gearbox has something special which is, during a traffic light wait uphill, the car will brake by itself until you accelerate. You don't have to press your brake during uphill. Just have to accelerate and go... anyone can confirm this?

I realized when i almost want to stop at traffic light, maybe at d speed 10-15 km/h ( not uphill ) the gearbox DOWN SHIFT to 1st gear and very obvious u can feel that d car slow down or stop.

The feel almost like Citroen Picasso.
Auto down shift if i m not wrong.