Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Cloning Of Key

• Please log in to reply

alankkwong

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
How do we clone our key? I am able to get the main remote key for less than RM 500, but how do we clone it? Since we only have 1 key, and 1 spare... I would prefer to have 2 set of remote. Anyone got any idea?
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

thinkerr

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jun 13 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do we clone our key? I am able to get the main remote key for less than RM 500, but how do we clone it? Since we only have 1 key, and 1 spare... I would prefer to have 2 set of remote. Anyone got any idea?

The keys can't be cloned, you can only buy a new casing for the remote but if you want another key you need to order from Peugeot. Its priced about RM400++ including shipping. I believe you can order a limited set only.

alankkwong

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Jun 14 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The keys can't be cloned, you can only buy a new casing for the remote but if you want another key you need to order from Peugeot. Its priced about RM400++ including shipping. I believe you can order a limited set only.

BEH lost his and cost him more than RM 800 to get it replaced...

behcw

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jun 14 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BEH lost his and cost him more than RM 800 to get it replaced...

Alan, if you can get one - i think probably you can bring to Pug SC to ask them to program for you. If i'm not wrong, the remote should be a generic transmitter type for all 308 with individual ID, whereby they just program the ECU to recognise ur remote id to allow it to run the car.

The casing alone cost almost RM300... for the 206 controller. Replacement for 206 is RM5xx .. So i think the RM400 is just for the casing.
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

thinkerr

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Jun 15 2009, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alan, if you can get one - i think probably you can bring to Pug SC to ask them to program for you. If i'm not wrong, the remote should be a generic transmitter type for all 308 with individual ID, whereby they just program the ECU to recognise ur remote id to allow it to run the car.

The casing alone cost almost RM300... for the 206 controller. Replacement for 206 is RM5xx .. So i think the RM400 is just for the casing.

Then I was misquoted when I asked how much it would cost from BB Glen. RM800 is pretty steep for a spare, but the chip embedded in the key is unique hence probably the high cost. I dropped mine a couple of times so eventually I will need to replace as well.

alankkwong

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
I think I might just get 1 unit and test first... there is a way to clone it (I think) by putting the key in the switch, on it and pressing the lock button for 10secs...

alankkwong

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jun 15 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I might just get 1 unit and test first... there is a way to clone it (I think) by putting the key in the switch, on it and pressing the lock button for 10secs...

Guys,
I found out how to clone the remote key.

The 308 can program up to 2 remotes to use and 3 spare keys. So, the capability of the system is maximum of 5 keys.

As for us, we want to have at least 2 remotes, and this can be done if you have another remote with the properly copied key from the locksmith.

However, there is a way to clone the immobilizer and the central locking too.

The best part is, I manage to buy a brand new remote at only RM 520.00, instead of buying from Nasim at RM 808.00. Not just the casing, but the entire remote.

I should receive the remote in about 2-3 weeks. I will cut the key and reprogram the remote myself. It should work. However, if it does work, does anyone of you want to have a spare remote? Maybe if we buy in bulk, it will be cheaper.

However, let me be the first the test dummy on this... It would always be great to have a spare remote.

wheeldan

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

wheeldan

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jun 20 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,

The 308 can program up to 2 remotes to use and 3 spare keys. So, the capability of the system is maximum of 5 keys.

As for us, we want to have at least 2 remotes, and this can be done if you have another remote with the properly copied key from the locksmith.

The best part is, I manage to buy a brand new remote at only RM 520.00, instead of buying from Nasim at RM 808.00. Not just the casing, but the entire remote.

I should receive the remote in about 2-3 weeks. I will cut the key and reprogram the remote myself. It should work. However, if it does work, does anyone of you want to have a spare remote? Maybe if we buy in bulk, it will be cheaper.

However, let me be the first the test dummy on this... It would always be great to have a spare remote.

You can program the remote key by yourself to unlock and lock the central locking
But you need to send to SC to learn the immobiliser to start the vehicle, this is when the immobilliser code is required.
The remote key and the immobilliser are 2 different things

alankkwong

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (wheeldan @ Jun 20 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can program the remote key by yourself to unlock and lock the central locking
But you need to send to SC to learn the immobiliser to start the vehicle, this is when the immobilliser code is required.
The remote key and the immobilliser are 2 different things

Noted... will try it and go back to SC to get it done... tqvm for the info..

whetstone

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

whetstone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Jun 20 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,

Bro, count me in leh...