Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Chery Tiggo

• Please log in to reply

lowpro

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
Hi,

any tiggo owners in here? i was told the 2.0 with auto using an acteco engine will be launched next week. just tested the 1.6 manual and i was impressed with the ride. the car took kl's bumps smoothly and without drama. had 4 in the car including me and it moved very well. quality is so-so and can be better in many areas. but, for the price, it seems like a bargain.

the 2.0 (A) would probably be priced around the ford ranger (A). it is also a consideration. i did test the ford and found the torque addictive. part of the reason is the variable geometry turbo and 2.5 diesel engine. looking to trying out the tiggo 2.0 (A) once launched.

hope owners can share their ownership experiences.
Let's talk about driving again!

vr2turbo

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Jun 11 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

any tiggo owners in here? i was told the 2.0 with auto using an acteco engine will be launched next week. just tested the 1.6 manual and i was impressed with the ride. the car took kl's bumps smoothly and without drama. had 4 in the car including me and it moved very well. quality is so-so and can be better in many areas. but, for the price, it seems like a bargain.

the 2.0 (A) would probably be priced around the ford ranger (A). it is also a consideration. i did test the ford and found the torque addictive. part of the reason is the variable geometry turbo and 2.5 diesel engine. looking to trying out the tiggo 2.0 (A) once launched.

hope owners can share their ownership experiences.

No reply at all??

lowpro

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 4 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No reply at all??

hahaha, don't think so!! smile.gif
Let's talk about driving again!

jackson

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
how is the performance of the 2.0A? in terms of pick-up, overtaking power, hill-climb power. curious to know.

the 2.0A is using the China engine right?

how much does it cost? below RM80K? that is a cheap cheap SUV.

does it give a high view point of the road?
It's easy when you know how...

retro

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

retro

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Jun 30 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how is the performance of the 2.0A? in terms of pick-up, overtaking power, hill-climb power. curious to know.

pick up is good 2.0 auto has lots of torque for the weight. did not try hill climbing as i went to the ampang showroom (near yow chuan plaza) and there were no hills to try it on. even the roadholding was pretty good.

yes. but it was co-developed with fiat i think.

i think around therelah. can't really remember but the price is good for what it offers. don't expect a bmw for chery money lah.

it is an suv, of course it does. why don't you try it out. i was impressed.

vr2turbo

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Jun 30 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have not push the SUV yet, still running it in. Bought because like the shape and have pretty good ride.

Engine was designed by an Austrian, Manufactured by the Chinese, and are exported overseas out of China. Fiat using this engine for their Fiat cars in China.

RM80K is for 2009 model manufactured. 2010 model is RM90k, but full specs comes with leather sets, Ray Tech security tint, DVD player, rear ceiling mount DVD screen, front sensor, rear sensor and rear reverse camera. I think cannot complain about the price. If bought during CNY GPS given also.....that time waiting for the Eastar to come out....K_N_N

Yup, the view is very good. My wife loves it..... smile_tongue.gif

jackson

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
vr2, now makes me itchy to consider this also.... cool.gif

retro, did you buy or those comments only from test drive?
It's easy when you know how...

retro

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

retro

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Jul 2 2010, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

jackson,

test drive. i was lucky to get to test drive it 3 times! 1 in ampang, 1 in pj and 1 in seremban. had a good friend who was working in chery. wanted to get the 2.0 auto but had some loan issues that prompted me to delay the purchase. but i'd recommend it though... on the product. early examples were not so well put together but the current ones are quite ok. i'm not sure about the aftersales though.

btw, in yesterday's paper (nst i think), they have a low d/p promo so it may be a good time to pick one up.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Jul 2 2010, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Extra collection for your stable, or changing wife's Mitsu?

vr2turbo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (retro @ Jul 5 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jackson,

test drive. i was lucky to get to test drive it 3 times! 1 in ampang, 1 in pj and 1 in seremban. had a good friend who was working in chery. wanted to get the 2.0 auto but had some loan issues that prompted me to delay the purchase. but i'd recommend it though... on the product. early examples were not so well put together but the current ones are quite ok. i'm not sure about the aftersales though.

btw, in yesterday's paper (nst i think), they have a low d/p promo so it may be a good time to pick one up.

My wife tested the Alza once, then we went to test the Exora, 2 times at different locations.
We tested the Eastar 3 times and Tiggo once at same location (different days), sales guy allowed as we could not make up our mind.
Then we called and asked, if we could test the Tiggo again. This time my wife wanted to test both the 1.6 and 2.0.
And on final day, we called and I wanted to test it for final confirmation. All in all we tested the Chery 7 times, I think that is good service, but I think times are hard and they have to make a sale..... smile_tongue.gif