Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vn250 Eliminator, New Bike From Kawasaki?

• Please log in to reply

KLScoot

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
Heard from a dealer yesterday that Kawasaki will be launching their 250cc cruiser soon. The dealer was unable to offer much info besides that. The only Kawa with a 250cc in the Kawa stable is the VN 250 Eliminator which has been sold overseas for a while now. Has anyone more info or heard anything about this bike. It is said to have a full sized chassis that would look comfortable parked beside its bigger cousins & with a 33 bhp on tap with great attention paid to detail in a long dragster style. Who knows if it's priced well, i'm quite sure it might be the next possible upgrade for small bikers!

Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

KLScoot's facebook

xaser

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:28 PM

xaser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
QUOTE (KLScoot @ Jun 9 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard from a dealer yesterday that Kawasaki will be launching their 250cc cruiser soon. The dealer was unable to offer much info besides that. The only Kawa with a 250cc in the Kawa stable is the VN 250 Eliminator which has been sold overseas for a while now. Has anyone more info or heard anything about this bike. It is said to have a full sized chassis that would look comfortable parked beside its bigger cousins & with a 33 bhp on tap with great attention paid to detail in a long dragster style. Who knows if it's priced well, i'm quite sure it might be the next possible upgrade for small bikers!

this news hv been circulating since January n kawasaki motor malaysia even put a picture on their website but hd been taken down n no news from them since....it look exactly like modenas jaguh(which is kawasaki eliminator 125 in euro)...the engine is a V-Twin,even it has more HP than ninja 250r(29hp vs 33hp) but dun expect it will perform better than ninja250r becoz of it weight n the "unsprung" weight the bike is carrying ... n its called kawasaki vulcan 250 not eliminator..the name "eliminator" had a bad reputation here in malaysia
people are people,no matter how "small"..respect everyone

rageaccel2

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:46 AM

rageaccel2

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
heard the price is somewhere around 29k. v twin engine. is it CKD? better buy ER6 smile_tongue.gif
sticks and stones can break our bones

abim

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

abim

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
QUOTE (rageaccel2 @ Jun 10 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heard the price is somewhere around 29k. v twin engine. is it CKD? better buy ER6 smile_tongue.gif

better buy jaguh then pasang sport rim sama dia...
ABIM

xaser

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

xaser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
QUOTE (rageaccel2 @ Jun 10 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dun thing it CKD coz the price is the same as last year ckd's er6n...if ckd it must be price around ninja250r
people are people,no matter how "small"..respect everyone

alldisc

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
the first Eliminator 250 sold for about 14K if i am not mistaken in 1996.

got a chance to lanyak this bike when i worked with AAM. they use eliminator as a plan to replace EX5 but later on too many of the mechanics crashed so they did not proceed with more purchase.

a kind of agree its nowrth 29K price tag as to compare to er6n. too pricey.

abim

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

abim

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Jun 11 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the first Eliminator 250 sold for about 14K if i am not mistaken in 1996.

got a chance to lanyak this bike when i worked with AAM. they use eliminator as a plan to replace EX5 but later on too many of the mechanics crashed so they did not proceed with more purchase.

a kind of agree its nowrth 29K price tag as to compare to er6n. too pricey.

betul tu bang, harga dia patut kena lebih sekali ganda harga jaguh ja...
ABIM

KLScoot

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
The Kawasaki VN II 250cc is finally in the shops. Prices quoted are RM28,600 (full accessories) and RM27,274 for standard version! Was a big disappointment for me in terms of its price, had hoped that it would be priced more at the 250 Ninja's range of 20k+

Here are some pics i took for u guys! So what do u think? Worth paying almost 30k for a 250??

KLScoot's facebook

KLScoot

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts

KLScoot's facebook

KLScoot

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts

With the prices quoted for the new cruiser, suddenly Vinox & Jaguh comes to mind as great a compromise between price vs. performance! only prob is Jaguh has been discontinued from the Modenas production lines & Kymco Venox 250 only available from grey importers!

Can anyone pls enlighten on the alternatives or if this Kwak is a great bargain! smile_question.gif

KYMCO VENOX 250! Drool guys!

KLScoot's facebook