Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tire Pressure Gauge

• Please log in to reply

whetstone

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

whetstone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts
Guys,

How did you check your tire pressure?

Just bought an Digital Tire Pressure Gauge and found that its quite good coz can easily view the reading on the LCD. You may select either psi or bar.

Of course it was made in China. So wondering how long can it last...

chargerguy

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
How long it last is another matter. The most important is how accurate it is. Try benchmark it with other brands and other types and U know what I mean...kekekekekkekekeekekekekeke... I have few gauge including Michelin Digital gauge but the best is still PCL Made In England which is very accurate.....smile.gif

My 2 cents onlyyyyyy

Cheers

smile.gif

mizhael

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:02 AM

mizhael

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Jun 6 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long it last is another matter. The most important is how accurate it is. Try benchmark it with other brands and other types and U know what I mean...kekekekekkekekeekekekekeke... I have few gauge including Michelin Digital gauge but the best is still PCL Made In England which is very accurate.....smile.gif

My 2 cents onlyyyyyy

Cheers

smile.gif

Would you able post photo of PCL Made In England?

alankkwong

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
Good stuff. always keep one in the car!!
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

chargerguy

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
In fact, I keep 3 in my car..kekekkeekkekekekekekekee...Dunno where to put and just put 3 in one car and another 2 in another car. At least I know where to find next time and to benchmark each other...

As fot the pics, below is the exact one that I bought in PArkson many moons ago with 20% discount. If I am not wrong, it is RM19.90 - 20%....smile.gif...Made in England...

72927288_TPG20H01.gif

My 2 cents oniiiii

whetstone

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

whetstone

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Jun 7 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I keep 3 in my car..kekekkeekkekekekekekekee...Dunno where to put and just put 3 in one car and another 2 in another car. At least I know where to find next time and to benchmark each other...

As fot the pics, below is the exact one that I bought in PArkson many moons ago with 20% discount. If I am not wrong, it is RM19.90 - 20%....smile.gif...Made in England...

72927288_TPG20H01.gif

My 2 cents oniiiii

How consistently you check your tire pressure? Once a week? Twice a week? Once a month?

Please share with us in more details on the psi you pumped and the performance as well.

jules308

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

jules308

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
QUOTE (whetstone @ Jun 7 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How consistently you check your tire pressure? Once a week? Twice a week? Once a month?

Please share with us in more details on the psi you pumped and the performance as well.

for me...i check once a week either early morning or later at night...at a nearby petrol station...even checking it weekly the pressure could be off by 2-3 PSI...not sure if its because of the temperature...last weekend put in 36PSI and yesterday i checked it was 33/34 PSI...

I notice those pressure gauge that the tyre shop use (like PCL type) is more expensive than digital ones...i saw one selling for rm 55...and digital ones can be had for rm30+...

chargerguy

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:11 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
I check tyre pressure once every mth. Only check it early in the morning around 7am b4 the sun rise..smile.gif I am using Nitrogen air so pressure is quite consistent. Normally, I need to add air after about 5k-7k km or sometimes around 8.5k km when I do my alignment. I will ask the tyre shop ppl to pump in additional 3-4 psi and will check it early next morning to bleed out the access. Then , the pressure will maintain for sometime.

Unable to share with u the tyre pressure coz I have not got my car. This is my routine for tyre pressure in all cars I owned...smile.gif

My 2 lingam cents oniiii

Cheers

smile.gif

adilin

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

adilin

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
QUOTE (chargerguy @ Jun 6 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My 2 cents onlyyyyyy

Cheers

smile.gif

where to buy this digital gauge?
~NIK~

alankkwong

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
Checking the tire pressure is very important and we should make it a habit to check it at least once in 2 or 3 weeks. Most accidents happen because of under inflated tires. A car which is parked long enough will have this problem of auto deflation of the tires. So, do yourself a favour to top up the air in your car.
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!