Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Mazda3 2.0l Or Mazda6 2.0l Or Mazda6 2.5l?

• Please log in to reply

powwee1

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

powwee1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi all Mazda enthusiasts,

Have been reading the forum for quite some time now. What an exciting time for Mazda with the launch of the new Mazda 3. I have discussed my issue with some of the Mazda salesperson privately, but I think it is not a bad idea to seek some advice from the general Mazda enthusiasts in the forum as well.

I am actually interested in the following Mazda models:
Mazda 3 2.0L
Mazda 6 2.0L
Mazda 6 2.5L

First, all three options fit within my budget. But the advice / opinion that I am seeking is: does Mazda 6 2.5L worth the extra? Although affordable but still would like to spend the money wisely. The difference between Mazda 6 2.5L and Mazda 3 2.0L is about RM 46k! So have to get some expert opinion before making decision.

My probable usage is 80% highway, 20% city, and I am not really a fast driver, with highway speed rarely go beyond 125 km/hr, but do enjoy a nice sporty looking car and an enjoyable drive (hence I like Mazda). Familiy condition: I am married with a wife, no kids yet, but who knows, might add a family member in the coming years.

If comparing between Mazda 3 2.0L and Mazda 6 2.0L, both engine size the same. Honestly I think the M6 2.0L is very low in specification. No cruise control is unbelievable. I think between the two, my heart will tell me to choose Mazda 3 2.0L over Mazda 6 2.0L, although my mind will ask me to keep Mazda 6 2.0L on the list for comparison still...hahaha. Let me know your opinion and how do you compare Mazda 3 2.0L to Mazda 6 2.0L.

To be truthful to my heart, I think the final battle is between Mazda 3 2.0L and Mazda 6 2.5L. Besides the obvious and major differences of the price tag, engine size, car size, Bose sound system and AFS, these two are are almost similar in other specifications.

So, back to the very first question: is it worthwhile to pay ~RM 46k extra for Mazda 6 2.5L over Mazda 3 2.0L?

Your opinion will be most valued! smile_cool.gif

Of course, other factors that will impact my final decision includes
(1) colour availability. I like either white, black or copper red. But I have to see the actual car before I decide with one to choose. My colour choice is also bounded by point 2 below.
(2) stock availability. Becuase I am currenly not in Malaysia, I can only test drive at the end of the this month earliest and I need the car by mid July). Not sure if Mazda 3 2.0L is available in such short notice or not due to high demand as it is just launched.
(3) And most importantly, actual feeling after test drive

phelix

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

phelix

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (powwee1 @ Jun 6 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all Mazda enthusiasts,

Have been reading the forum for quite some time now. What an exciting time for Mazda with the launch of the new Mazda 3. I have discussed my issue with some of the Mazda salesperson privately, but I think it is not a bad idea to seek some advice from the general Mazda enthusiasts in the forum as well.

I am actually interested in the following Mazda models:
Mazda 3 2.0L
Mazda 6 2.0L
Mazda 6 2.5L

First, all three options fit within my budget. But the advice / opinion that I am seeking is: does Mazda 6 2.5L worth the extra? Although affordable but still would like to spend the money wisely. The difference between Mazda 6 2.5L and Mazda 3 2.0L is about RM 46k! So have to get some expert opinion before making decision.

My probable usage is 80% highway, 20% city, and I am not really a fast driver, with highway speed rarely go beyond 125 km/hr, but do enjoy a nice sporty looking car and an enjoyable drive (hence I like Mazda). Familiy condition: I am married with a wife, no kids yet, but who knows, might add a family member in the coming years.

If comparing between Mazda 3 2.0L and Mazda 6 2.0L, both engine size the same. Honestly I think the M6 2.0L is very low in specification. No cruise control is unbelievable. I think between the two, my heart will tell me to choose Mazda 3 2.0L over Mazda 6 2.0L, although my mind will ask me to keep Mazda 6 2.0L on the list for comparison still...hahaha. Let me know your opinion and how do you compare Mazda 3 2.0L to Mazda 6 2.0L.

To be truthful to my heart, I think the final battle is between Mazda 3 2.0L and Mazda 6 2.5L. Besides the obvious and major differences of the price tag, engine size, car size, Bose sound system and AFS, these two are are almost similar in other specifications.

So, back to the very first question: is it worthwhile to pay ~RM 46k extra for Mazda 6 2.5L over Mazda 3 2.0L?

Your opinion will be most valued! smile_cool.gif

Of course, other factors that will impact my final decision includes
(1) colour availability. I like either white, black or copper red. But I have to see the actual car before I decide with one to choose. My colour choice is also bounded by point 2 below.
(2) stock availability. Becuase I am currenly not in Malaysia, I can only test drive at the end of the this month earliest and I need the car by mid July). Not sure if Mazda 3 2.0L is available in such short notice or not due to high demand as it is just launched.
(3) And most importantly, actual feeling after test drive

for me i'll choose mazda 6 2.5.. coz 1 level higher than mazda 3.
is like BMW 3 series -> BMW 5 upgrade. and is just RM46k extra..
if you can afford for Mazda 6, then just go for it.. my dream car is M6 but i can't fork that much of $$ my only option now is either M3 2.0 or M6 2.0..
M6 2.0 is very empty with little feature.. really headache..

powwee1

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

powwee1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (phelix @ Jun 23 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for me i'll choose mazda 6 2.5.. coz 1 level higher than mazda 3.
is like BMW 3 series -> BMW 5 upgrade. and is just RM46k extra..
if you can afford for Mazda 6, then just go for it.. my dream car is M6 but i can't fork that much of $$ my only option now is either M3 2.0 or M6 2.0..
M6 2.0 is very empty with little feature.. really headache..

Thanks for your reply. After waiting for almost 3 weeks, finally someone care to give their opinion, thanks.

kclew

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:32 AM

kclew

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Hello powwee1,

I guess not that people don't want to give advise, rather, don't know how to give advise for all the cars you mentioned due to the tough choices.... smile_tongue.gif

I was even comparing the price and spec between Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 for 2.0l due to its similar engine and close pricing. wacko.gif

I have not test driven the Mazda 3. However, had seen it twice. The only thing that I like is the Aluminium colour.... smile_tongue.gif

My thought process is as follows:

1) I guess you need to set your priority/preference on which car size/segment you are looking for before deciding which car to get. If you can live with the Mazda 3 interior size, then go for the Mazda 3. If you want bigger size Mazda 6. Of course, you need to see/forecast what you will need at least for the next 3-5 years to make your money/space worth since you are ok with both their design.

2) Which overall design, exterior and interior excites you. Exterior wise, both have different design. Mazda 3 more of a "happy" as mentioned by a lot of people. Mazda 6 more "sporty" theme. Interior, Mazda 3 2.0 and Mazda 6 2.5 is very different theme and each has their preference.

3) Next only consider what "features" that you want or what sacrifice can you live with.
a) If you want features, then only left with Mazda 3 2.0 and Mazda 6 2.5. Then it will depends what you are looking for that the lower price range can provide. It also depends on what features excite you.
cool.gif If you want size/space, then Mazda 6 2.0 or 2.5.
c) If looking from budget, then have to look at Mazda 3 2.0 and Mazda 6 2.0. This is strictly looking at close price range.

I went to the showroom in Kota Damansara to check out the Mazda 3 for the second time and the fella told me that Mazda 3 2.0 and Mazda 6 2.5 features are the "same", which I find it not correct. There are quite few things in Mazda 6 2.5 has that Mazda 3 2.0 do not have.

Happy head ache ..... tongue.gifwink.gif

p/s: I like the Mazda 3 hatch exterior design than sedan.... more sporty 1.gif

QUOTE (powwee1 @ Jun 24 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your reply. After waiting for almost 3 weeks, finally someone care to give their opinion, thanks.

donyong

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

donyong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
It all depends what you want to do with the car. Mod it to the max or just leave it as it is? Are you a performance guy or an ICE kaki or both?

This will impact the decision and hence the advice. I cannot give personal preference/opinions on designs, space etc since it depends on your requirements. Only you know.

kclew

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:14 AM

kclew

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Hey donyong,

In the other forum, care to share on how to "unlock" the M6 Bose?

Cheers

QUOTE (donyong @ Jun 25 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It all depends what you want to do with the car. Mod it to the max or just leave it as it is? Are you a performance guy or an ICE kaki or both?

This will impact the decision and hence the advice. I cannot give personal preference/opinions on designs, space etc since it depends on your requirements. Only you know.

donyong

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

donyong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
As for BOSE, all I can say, its an 10000% overrated system that does not even follow the principle of ICE. I do not even know why IASCA can endorse such crap. Just throw it into a bin and put in a new set. No point tuning such a system.

williaml

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
QUOTE (donyong @ Jun 25 2009, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for BOSE, all I can say, its an 10000% overrated system that does not even follow the principle of ICE. I do not even know why IASCA can endorse such crap. Just throw it into a bin and put in a new set. No point tuning such a system.

Over rated? I don't so fancy about ICE, as long as it can play MP3 disc, period.

Zoom Zoom...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

williaml

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
[I went to the showroom in Kota Damansara to check out the Mazda 3 for the second time and the fella told me that Mazda 3 2.0 and Mazda 6 2.5 features are the "same", which I find it not correct. There are quite few things in Mazda 6 2.5 has that Mazda 3 2.0 do not have.

[/quote]

If that person told you both models have the 'same' features or accs then ask him to show you one by one, don't know why all this dealer likes to mislead customer. Some features equipped on Mazda6 2.5L and not on Mazda3 2.0L are as below:

1) BOSE 8 speakers system
2) AFS & DSC
3) Factory fitted leather seat
4) Powered sunroof
5) Electric driver and front passenger seat
6) Full size spare wheel
7) Front parking sensor
8) Factory fitted aluminium pedal set
9) Advanced keyless & Push Start system

Easily more than five items different.

Zoom Zoom...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

kclew

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

kclew

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
Hey William,

1 important feature that I rate very highly but you did not list...... the keyless entry and push start... smile_thumbup.gif

Like it very much that I do not need to take the key out from pocket.

Cheers

QUOTE (williaml @ Jun 25 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[I went to the showroom in Kota Damansara to check out the Mazda 3 for the second time and the fella told me that Mazda 3 2.0 and Mazda 6 2.5 features are the "same", which I find it not correct. There are quite few things in Mazda 6 2.5 has that Mazda 3 2.0 do not have.

If that person told you both models have the 'same' features or accs then ask him to show you one by one, don't know why all this dealer likes to mislead customer. Some features equipped on Mazda6 2.5L and not on Mazda3 2.0L are as below:

1) BOSE 8 speakers system
2) AFS & DSC
3) Factory fitted leather seat
4) Powered sunroof
5) Electric driver and front passenger seat
6) Full size spare wheel
7) Front parking sensor
8) Factory fitted aluminium pedal set

Easily more than five items different.

Zoom Zoom...