Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Usedc Aveo, Good To Get It?

• Please log in to reply

rexyu

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

rexyu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
pls give some opinion of buying used Aveo? 206? swift?

hushymushy

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

hushymushy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts
QUOTE (rexyu @ Jun 4 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what's your intention, budget and preference?

livermore

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

livermore

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
yes! u wont regret!
I'm member of Malaysia Stock Market Forum Club http://stockmarket.tailou.com
Get ur stock tips and I'm getting rich there... :)

Anyway! Trade At your OWN RISK!

azmi77

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

azmi77

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Regret to own an aveo. 4 years with a lot of problems. compressor la, alternator la, aircond la, disc rotor la. this car is very bad quality. resale value? verrrryyyyyy bad. pls dont buy this car. go for honda or toyota. just trade in my aveo and take civic.

adios aveo.

Jumpman23

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:35 AM

Jumpman23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
Regret to own an aveo. 4 years with a lot of problems. compressor la, alternator la, aircond la, disc rotor la. this car is very bad quality. resale value? verrrryyyyyy bad. pls dont buy this car. go for honda or toyota

That's the reason a good car is in wrong hand, end up deliver a disaster. That might be the reason why GM wanted to divorce with DRB-Hicom.

The local trained ppl. unable to assemble and deliver a good and quality stuff, sooner or later all car manufacturer will shift to Thailand. Mazda already have manufactured the soon to be launch Mazda 2 at Rayong, Thailand.

It really tarnished the image of Chevrolet. I think is better for GM to give Nasim license to bring in the car directly from overseas, the quality is much better.

azmi77

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

azmi77

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
futhermore, aveo is made by korea, previously known as daewoo kalos. all spare parts is daewoo. that is why the quality is bad. it is not a GM/american product. my advise, pls stay away from korean cars. in malaysia, only japan cars can survive, cheap parts, good resale value. continental cars is good but resale value is bad. need to think of resale value since malaysian will change cars after 3-5 years. just like me. he he...

ring

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (azmi77 @ Sep 10 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
futhermore, aveo is made by korea, previously known as daewoo kalos. all spare parts is daewoo. that is why the quality is bad. it is not a GM/american product. my advise, pls stay away from korean cars. in malaysia, only japan cars can survive, cheap parts, good resale value. continental cars is good but resale value is bad. need to think of resale value since malaysian will change cars after 3-5 years. just like me. he he...

I am not sure from which school you came from...to give general statement like this was very superficial & lack of understanding of your ride. If you had made a research before you own it, certainly you would realized Aveo (Kalos) wasn't an American make. Your mistake was from your own making. So to state "stay away from Korean cars..." was intended a bad statement.

Little did you realise that you are living in a 3rd World Country with 3rd World Mentality treating the so call Japanese cars as premium car though with low quality & specification Japanese. If you drive an Audi or a Volks (Passat), these cars are sold at premium with very good reason. Some expensive these continental cars come with BOSE, Eclipse or JBL H/U. Unfortunately, the Japs will give you a crap chap "Kapak" H/U...which you don'tt even realize. Yet, you keep on saying the Japs give you good resale value. A lot of other limitations that you did not realize e.g. poorer chasis built, bad & uncomfortable small sitting design, thinner glass, bad weather strips with wind noise, low quality noise vibration harness (NVH),etc.

I know many relations and colleagues of mine who owned Camrys before are now driving continental makes. If the Japs were so good as what you think it is then why don't these people continue to buy Camrys again???
Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

azmi77

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

azmi77

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Sep 10 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure from which school you came from...to give general statement like this was very superficial & lack of understanding of your ride. If you had made a research before you own it, certainly you would realized Aveo (Kalos) wasn't an American make. Your mistake was from your own making. So to state "stay away from Korean cars..." was intended a bad statement.

Little did you realise that you are living in a 3rd World Country with 3rd World Mentality treating the so call Japanese cars as premium car though with low quality & specification Japanese. If you drive an Audi or a Volks (Passat), these cars are sold at premium with very good reason. Some expensive these continental cars come with BOSE, Eclipse or JBL H/U. Unfortunately, the Japs will give you a crap chap "Kapak" H/U...which you don'tt even realize. Yet, you keep on saying the Japs give you good resale value. A lot of other limitations that you did not realize e.g. poorer chasis built, bad & uncomfortable small sitting design, thinner glass, bad weather strips with wind noise, low quality noise vibration harness (NVH),etc.

I know many relations and colleagues of mine who owned Camrys before are now driving continental makes. If the Japs were so good as what you think it is then why don't these people continue to buy Camrys again???

did i say continental car is bad quality? pls read my statement again. i said resale value is bad. do not agree with me? feel free to browse autoworld. check for audi, alfa, and others conti car. pls check the RESALE value. not the quality... i'm not talking about quality.

if chevy compare to honda in MALAYSIA, chevy out la my fren. many showroom bungkus. means? tak laku. why tak laku? ask ur self la. sure you know the answer.

ring

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (azmi77 @ Sep 10 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....daewoo. that is why the quality is bad. it is not a GM/american product. my advise, pls stay away from korean cars.

GM's car is a continental car though made in Korea. If you don't agreed then what would call a Toyota car made in Thailand?
Izit a Thailand car then...?

Bo-gok betul!

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

initialC

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

initialC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
QUOTE (rexyu @ Jun 4 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sister owned aveo for around 6 years. so far no major problems or complaint from her. air-con, compressor, etc still ok.
since you are targetting a used unit, the poor resale value is 'paid' by the first owner already. In general, this car is quite solid and stable while travelling on the highway compare to same size jap car. City driving petrol consumption is higher than jap car.