Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Service

• Please log in to reply

alldisc

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:36 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
i just want to share something with everyone here whic is very surprising to me.

i had found out that the TGMO engine oil sold by UMWT can be used for either 10,000km or 6 months not only for the full synthetic or semi synthetic BUT also for the mineral based oil.

this is official but unfortunately not many SvA knew about it.

this is proving that Toyota maintenance is very low. No any other franchise dealer are willing to do so when involving mineral based oil.

scenic

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ May 29 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just want to share something with everyone here whic is very surprising to me.

i had found out that the TGMO engine oil sold by UMWT can be used for either 10,000km or 6 months not only for the full synthetic or semi synthetic BUT also for the mineral based oil.

this is proving that Toyota maintenance is very low. No any other franchise dealer are willing to do so when involving mineral based oil.

Thanks alldisc. Cheers to Toyota technology.
director's choice

junyih6699

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

junyih6699

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ May 29 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

all disc,

If for me, i would not risk my self using mineral oil & run till 10k km so much.. If full syn oil 10k km can la.. A friend of mine use semi syn oil 4 his vios & run till 10k km, he told me it was sluggish & high FC at the end(probably 8k-10k km). This is maybe due 2 the oil is worn out at 7k km. So again, no way mineral can go 10k km. Just my 2cents:)

alantribe

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

alantribe

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
I somehow don't like their oil. Each time I enter my car for service, it feels the same after the service has been done. Don't have the "just service" feeling. The engine sounds the same, power feels the same, just like before. Since I took to another trusted mechanic to change a different brand engine oil, the feel is completely different. Engine is smoother, much more quiet and revs easily. Never went back to toyota anymore.
THE "engine-near"

alldisc

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
i open this topic as to share this info only. so whoever planning to use mineral based TGMO for 10,000km its fine and wont affect the 100,000km warranty.

as junyih6699 and alatribe has described - using mineral based oil for 10,000km doesnt feel as nice as full synthetic and they are correct. full synthetic are much more superior in terms of anti oxidasation and other agents contained to give that extra protection and hence the more money needed to spent.

again this topic is meant to let all toyota owners here (especially during warranty) that they can do so and in case they refuse and would like to stick to traditional method they can choose to do so.

alldisc

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
Toyota Long Life Coolant

service life : 40,000km

fluid colour : dark red

mixture prescriptions : 50:50

Toyota Super Long Life Coolant

service life : 160,000km (first change), 80,000km subsequently

fluid colour : pinkish red

mixture prescriptions : pre-mixed type.

comparisons
Proton - every 40,000km

Kia - every 40,000km

alldisc

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
Comparison cost of servicing for Toyota Vios at 40,000km

old model NCP42
1. Engine Oil RM61.90 (mineral based)
2. Oil Filter RM29.20
3. Drain Plug Gasket RM1.70
4. Automatic transmission Fluid RM157.20 (flush)
5. Power Steering Fluid RM21.90
6. Air Filter RM 65.00
7. Spark plug RM32.40
8. Coolant RM47.80 (2 litres)
9. Brake Fluid RM29.80 (1 litre)

TOTAL + labour and tax = RM644.90

new model NCP93
1. Engine Oil RM61.90 (mineral based)
2. Oil Filter RM29.20
3. Drain Plug Gasket RM1.70
4. Automatic transmission Fluid - (change at 80,000km)
5. Power Steering Fluid - Electric Power Steering, no fluid
6. Air Filter RM 65.00
7. Spark plug RM32.40
8. Coolant (change at 160,000km)
9. Brake Fluid RM29.80 (1 litre)

TOTAL + labour and tax = RM349.00

see any difference?? cost of servicing has been cut by half! way ahead of competitors.

yeong

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
Good to know that service cost is lower. smile_thumbup.gif

Nevertheless the labour + tax = RM129 (from the list), is high in term of work done. Chg oil, plugs, filter, brake fluid is simple jobs, labour cost should be much lower even by TYT standard. smile_angry.gif

7thfort

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

7thfort

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
Since my driving is just around town and once a month out of state, I use semi syn as I feel full syn is unnecessary (and costly) and mineral is too basic. So far so good. Just change the oil and oil filter every 6 months or 6000 kms.
"Be Prepared"

henry9424

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

henry9424

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
That's nice information. I just done my free 1k km service at SC. However I checked the price and it is as below,
1 - Drain plug gasket - RM1.70
2 - Oil Filter - RM29.20
3 - Toyota Motor Oil - RM56.61
How come the Toyota Motor Oil is not as told (Engine Oil RM61.90 (mineral based)). Or maybe he not change oil for me? Only Top up? Any idea?

Checking into the compare between NCP42 and NCP93, understood the NCP93 does not have power steering pump and so we can save the replacement of fluid. Regarding to the replacement of Toyota Super Long Life Coolant, it is awesome smile_big.gif Only replace at 160,000km. This is very good but what could be the charges from SC if we (NCP93) are going to replace this Toyota Super Long Life Coolant? If it is too expensive, then can we use the Toyota Long Life Coolant as replacement? How about those NCP42 can upgrade to use this Super LLC? Any idea?

Regarding to the ATF, NCP93 only need to change at 80,000km, so it must be FLUSH, but not drain and refill? Or only top up? Any difference between the GB of NCP42 and NCP93, to make the ATF replacement interval different from each other?

It looks like the 40,000km service is a lot of save for NCP93 (RM349 only) due to the PS fluid, ATF and Super LLC. However what about
1 - the repair or replacement cost of electrical power steering? Or the service cost?
2 - the replacement cost of FLUSHING during 80,000km
3 - the replacement cost of Super LLC?

Henry