Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Buying A Used Car.

• Please log in to reply

jaywk007

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

jaywk007

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
QUOTE (maxjlone @ Jul 21 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You must to contact the motor vehicle authority in the state you are buying from and the state you are going to register it in. MV laws vary wildly from state to state and you just know you are going to get pulled over right after you purchase the car.

Motor vehicle authority? JPJ?

I am buying a car from relative in JB and i am in KL. Do i need to transfer in KL or JB?
jaywk007, Up up and away....

lancer1981

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (jaywk007 @ Apr 9 2010, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Motor vehicle authority? JPJ?

I am buying a car from relative in JB and i am in KL. Do i need to transfer in KL or JB?

Confirmed with my wife who spoke to a JPJ officer last year that we can transfer our car ownership in any JPJ office as all records are stored online as long as we have all the required documents with us.

From my experience, it is easier if both parties are at the JPJ's office to effect change of ownership.
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

enrique

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

enrique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
you can directly contact to ITO authority or read some some thing related to your question on net. i found 1 site which is helpful for you. badcreditcarpurchase.com

neilkevin

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

neilkevin

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
There are many benefits of buying a used car from a reputed car dealer. Not only does the dealer gives you exact car details along with its history, but also provides financing and free limited period warranty.

Newkelisa

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

Newkelisa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
QUOTE (neilkevin @ Nov 29 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are many benefits of buying a used car from a reputed car dealer. Not only does the dealer gives you exact car details along with its history, but also provides financing and free limited period warranty.

Exact car details depends on how much the owner willing to tell to car dealer. And from my experience selling my cars to dealer is that they ask for details of certain items eg timing belt, accident and rest they depend on their guy checking the car.

Things like how old is the battery, when last AC gas topped up, any suspension work eg they don't bother asking or even want to know. their main focus is car good shape for sale.

Best if want to know FULL detailed history is buy direct from owner.

kueh

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

kueh

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
hi guys
i plan to buy a used car from a direct owner using a bank loan
i'm in kuantan + d guy + car in kl
i plan to do d process on my own cos it will be much cheaper (albeit d running here n there)
so wat r d things i need to do in regards of getting a loan?

how would u live ur life as a frog?

jamesd23

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

jamesd23

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
you may search at the internet the prices of those services you want to know because it varies fast and it really depends on the transaction. you may also try to check so sites that offers used automobile that are already packaged with one payment and you don't have to worry about those things.