Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Altis 1.8 Vs Camry 2.0

• Please log in to reply

Benson

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

Benson

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
Hi, any sifus could tell more the above 2 cars, mostly compare are FC & maintenance!! the above cars are mean for the all Altis and camry not the new one. thanks

simonlim

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (Benson @ May 13 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, any sifus could tell more the above 2 cars, mostly compare are FC & maintenance!! the above cars are mean for the all Altis and camry not the new one. thanks

though i dont have an altis, but i drove it once before. it's kinda powerful and the 1.8 engine pulls like a vios, great pickup and above 130km/h, the car can still go faster with ease but FC will drop eventually. the suspension of the altis is considered comfortable for cars of its class. not too sure about its maintenance but because of its segment which is in between the vios and the camry, of course the cost would be in between them too.

i have a vios and a camry in my house porch, they belong to my parents. did a full service previously for both cars, i mean 80k km for the vios and 40k km for the camry. RM880 for vios, RM1210 for camry. both were sent for major service and also the air con service. so altis's would be in between them. i sent the cars back to UMWSC in Ipoh.

the FC for the camry 2.0 i got is 13.33km/L for 90% highway(speeds up to 160km/h) and 10% town drive. for 100% town drive, managed to get about 11km/L+ with a light foot of course. heavy foot can drop it to 9km/L for 100% town drive.

maintenance of the camry? just normal oil change, air con service and wheel alignment. but cannot say too much as we just owned the car for about 5 months+. further confirmation could be given by joytoy, his car is more than 6 years old but 2.4V.

im very satisfied with the comfort of this camry 2.0 ACV31. sound insulation is the best in its class and it's real silent in the cabin, believe it. sped up to 200km/h once, but better to maintain it at 150km/h to be safe. not much to be said, because it has no problems. all we can say is just the strong points of the car.

expect everything to be of lower grade in the altis. think about it, the values of these 2 cars differ a little only, about RM10k as the altis is still higher in demand. it's worth for everything to be better in the camry right? road tax cost would be RM380 for the 2.0. why not?
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

kelvinng

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

kelvinng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ May 13 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
though i dont have an altis, but i drove it once before. it's kinda powerful and the 1.8 engine pulls like a vios, great pickup and above 130km/h, the car can still go faster with ease but FC will drop eventually. the suspension of the altis is considered comfortable for cars of its class. not too sure about its maintenance but because of its segment which is in between the vios and the camry, of course the cost would be in between them too.

i have a vios and a camry in my house porch, they belong to my parents. did a full service previously for both cars, i mean 80k km for the vios and 40k km for the camry. RM880 for vios, RM1210 for camry. both were sent for major service and also the air con service. so altis's would be in between them. i sent the cars back to UMWSC in Ipoh.

the FC for the camry 2.0 i got is 13.33km/L for 90% highway(speeds up to 160km/h) and 10% town drive. for 100% town drive, managed to get about 11km/L+ with a light foot of course. heavy foot can drop it to 9km/L for 100% town drive.

maintenance of the camry? just normal oil change, air con service and wheel alignment. but cannot say too much as we just owned the car for about 5 months+. further confirmation could be given by joytoy, his car is more than 6 years old but 2.4V.

im very satisfied with the comfort of this camry 2.0 ACV31. sound insulation is the best in its class and it's real silent in the cabin, believe it. sped up to 200km/h once, but better to maintain it at 150km/h to be safe. not much to be said, because it has no problems. all we can say is just the strong points of the car.

expect everything to be of lower grade in the altis. think about it, the values of these 2 cars differ a little only, about RM10k as the altis is still higher in demand. it's worth for everything to be better in the camry right? road tax cost would be RM380 for the 2.0. why not?

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Mind to let us know what did you done for your ACV31 for the 40k km service..? Just wondering only.. cos when I getting my car.. most probably will send it for UMW SC.. RM1,210... ohmy.gif can itemise ah?? need to rob a bank before send for service..

simonlim

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (kelvinng @ May 13 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Mind to let us know what did you done for your ACV31 for the 40k km service..? Just wondering only.. cos when I getting my car.. most probably will send it for UMW SC.. RM1,210... ohmy.gif can itemise ah?? need to rob a bank before send for service..

air con service RM330. ATF flushing, full syn oil, oil filter, ATF oil, GB oil filter, new air filter, radiotor fluid, car wash, air con drier, it's advanced maxcheck 1. u can check with UMWSC for what they include in this maxcheck 1 for a camry.

not remembering very well, away from home now. the list is at home, maybe i'll state it here again some time later, wont be going home so fast.
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

Joytoy

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ May 14 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
air con service RM330. ATF flushing, full syn oil, oil filter, ATF oil, GB oil filter, new air filter, radiotor fluid, car wash, air con drier, it's advanced maxcheck 1. u can check with UMWSC for what they include in this maxcheck 1 for a camry.

not remembering very well, away from home now. the list is at home, maybe i'll state it here again some time later, wont be going home so fast.

I think if the aircon working well & no foul smell, you can skip this one. I have only serviced the aircon once when the car was just over 3 years old. So there's no direr to change as well.
Also since the car is still new, you can also skip the GB filter. In fact, I still have not changed mine yet.

Joytoy

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (Benson @ May 13 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah Benson, considering the Camry 2.0 as well. Good on you.

Personally, I would prefer the camry to the altis. Diff class & a world apart in driving pleasure. smile_thumbup.gif smile_approve.gif

Benson

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

Benson

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ May 14 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hah Benson, considering the Camry 2.0 as well. Good on you.

Personally, I would prefer the camry to the altis. Diff class & a world apart in driving pleasure. smile_thumbup.gif smile_approve.gif

thanks joy for your commend, but the car mostly for town driving.
any sifu here got the comparison charts for the 1.8 amd 2.0? smile_thumbup.gif

wja6227

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

wja6227

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
QUOTE (Benson @ May 14 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro: no need to compares lar.... bigger is always better mah smile_big.gif
...... and in the end the love we take is equal to the love we make

swinee

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
2 very diff type of car..
altis 1.8 is top of the range for altis
2.0 camry is the lower range of the camry..

for pure comfort n luxury, take camry, altis still a lower segment than camry, no matter how..
if for town driving, stop / go, FC, altis sure win hands down, u will feel the it is easy to drive compare to camry, u might feel a bit draggy...bocs of the heavy body..

if i were to choose, my final decision still with camry, a class higher in all aspect, simply irresistable smile_blush.gif

Joytoy

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (Benson @ May 14 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your hard earned money so you should get the best in comfort.
Seriously, I would choose the camry. You won't look back.