Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Some Advice On Citroen Before Buying One

• Please log in to reply

Kevin

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (tansamuel @ Jun 11 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How true, Citroenaut. :-)

Actually the ride and drive have been very much enjoyable and comfortable. My spouse and kids just love the car.

My spouse is 4.5 month pregnant, she told me will drive this car until 6 months, then I will have to drive her around. :-)

@ kdm, well said. I am a public relations consultant, this is one thing one consultant would suffer when preparing messages such as tip top service, upgrade of services, upscale the service to next level etc when clients are not living up to that standard. Well, saying that, there are still those who are living to the words and claims. :-)

I think everyone in business aims to make money, but make the money, properly.

I really wonder if Citroen Regional would reply or look into what I have just brought up.

Samuel, did you do some research before deciding on the C4? I was in the same boat but common sense prevailed, having owned a French car before and verifying the horror stories on Brooklands.

If I were you, I would shortlist some decent workshops outside to service the C4. The monkeys in Brooklands will do more damage to it.

tansamuel

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
We did and have compiled list of Citroen "sifu" bengkel.

Few clients are happy Citroen owners and advised us to bear with Brooklands Motors first 3 services, then switch else where. :-)
hisamueltan | daily blog of a husband + father who works in public relations industry

Citroenaut

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:10 PM

Citroenaut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Heard over the grape vine that Peugeot has taken over the management of the Peugeot biz here from NAZA. Let's hope something similar will happen to Citroen, and hopefully for the better.
You'll Never Drive Alone

ConnecT2u

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:46 PM

ConnecT2u

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 502 posts
Had our first experience with Brooklands Motors after sales support during the first 1,000km service.

There is really no point making appointment as it is first come first serve basis. Like hospital or Ah Beng Bengkel.

Waited about 45mins before being attended to. Maybe just my luck as I had two queue-cutters while I was there.

Terrible smoking zone, the entire area is smoke zone. Non-smoker like who used the lounge area to get some work done suffered really bad second hand smoke.

Service personnel does not explain what would be done and how long, until I asked. Actually the person went straight to the car and took it away. Unlike the usual Perodua service where one would explain what would be done and duration. Thought Citroen has better class than Perodua, obviously not. Also, Brooklands definitely has less customers to serve compares to national car makers.

Also, I found out that timing belt would take two days to change, when required. Kind of long huh?

Had wrote to Citroen Regional about the smoke zone and customer service. Will see how it goes, or nothing. :-p

I wish i were there to attend you when u send ur Grand C4
Hehehe...

tansamuel

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:26 PM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (Citroenaut @ Jun 13 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard over the grape vine that Peugeot has taken over the management of the Peugeot biz here from NAZA. Let's hope something similar will happen to Citroen, and hopefully for the better.

Wow interesting. I was hoping that NAZA would also take over Citroen in Malaysia. wink.gif
hisamueltan | daily blog of a husband + father who works in public relations industry

Kevin

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (tansamuel @ Jun 11 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We did and have compiled list of Citroen "sifu" bengkel.

Few clients are happy Citroen owners and advised us to bear with Brooklands Motors first 3 services, then switch else where. :-)

Why after the 1st 3? Because they are FOC?

tansamuel

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Jun 13 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why after the 1st 3? Because they are FOC?

FOC for first three services. smile_thumbup.gif

turbokin

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:23 PM

turbokin

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
QUOTE (Benson @ May 21 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
may be you can try to approach directional HQ see whether they want to clear stock for RM50K or not, if they want let me know, I will body itchy to touch up citroen again smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif

they are clearing at Rm80k. worth buying a 2005 brand new/unregistered Picasso 2.0i? happy to hear your views. (BTW anyone have a good Citroen mechanic in KL/Klang?

bx1919

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

bx1919

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (turbokin @ Jun 14 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they are clearing at Rm80k. worth buying a 2005 brand new/unregistered Picasso 2.0i? happy to hear your views. (BTW anyone have a good Citroen mechanic in KL/Klang?

what model u use ???

tansamuel

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

tansamuel

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (turbokin @ Jun 14 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to share. I remember my friend bought a 06 Smart for Four in 08 of which he left the car with C&C for several months to sort out the warranty claims - roofing, fuel tanks, rubber and plastics that melted after long exposure under the sun etc.

He likes the car so much and he thinks it is worthwhile to wait for the warranty claims.