Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Camry With Facelift Soon?

• Please log in to reply

libero

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

libero

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
hopefully it'll look more like a BMW or a Peugeot... but not like Accord.

accordFans

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:22 PM

accordFans

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
QUOTE (libero @ May 4 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hopefully it'll look more like a BMW or a Peugeot... but not like Accord.

can jus refer to www.toyota.com.cn

jus some cosmetic changes, and the front bumper is like Benz AMG.

scend

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

scend

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ May 1 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL dont be like that bro.

differetn people have different kind of perceptions.

anyway, both toyota camry and honda accord are wooing the same kind of people. the sales figures will proof whether they are succeeding in doing it.

camry has been malaysia's best seller executive car since 1999, but early this year the 8th gen accord seemed to have turn the tables.

i dont agree on this...accord is just new and camry is already 3 years down the road....cannot just compare it based on the monthly sales figure.....

wja6227

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

wja6227

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
QUOTE (scend @ May 7 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont agree on this...accord is just new and camry is already 3 years down the road....cannot just compare it based on the monthly sales figure.....

Although I think it is not appropriate to say so in toyota's forum..... but I must say that given times..... accord actually looks nicer to me nowadays.....camry a bit dull, dats why I am keen to see any changes on facelift...... anyway, just my personal opinion.... no offend trink39.gif
...... and in the end the love we take is equal to the love we make

scend

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

scend

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
QUOTE (wja6227 @ May 7 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I think it is not appropriate to say so in toyota's forum..... but I must say that given times..... accord actually looks nicer to me nowadays.....camry a bit dull, dats why I am keen to see any changes on facelift...... anyway, just my personal opinion.... no offend trink39.gif

it is ok...

diff ppl have their own expectation and taste towards car.....as long as it is a logical comment, why not????? rolleyes.gif

Joytoy

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (wja6227 @ May 7 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..... but I must say that given times..... accord actually looks nicer

Actually the Accord looks quite smart when you first look at it, like when it was first launched & it is on display in the shopping centre.

Now after looking at it on the roads, the typical jelak look of the accord starts to show. Now when I look at it, the shape is out-off-proportion & weird, especially from the back.

wja6227

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

wja6227

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ May 7 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the Accord looks quite smart when you first look at it, like when it was first launched & it is on display in the shopping centre.

Now after looking at it on the roads, the typical jelak look of the accord starts to show. Now when I look at it, the shape is out-off-proportion & weird, especially from the back.

Bro:
In fact, I terbalik with u..... my first look on Camry was: wow! wow! wow! so impressive especially compares to previous camry. now, after a while ; like I said above, a bit dull. As for accord, my first view was: aiyoh, what kind of monster is this? smile_big.gif the jelak look was there on my first view. But, nowadays find it quite cool especially the 2.4 model with black interior. smile_thumbup.gif At least, we as users have an additional choices in terms of interior selections..... unlike Camry, we are stuck with light colour interior only!

Anyway, just my personal view.... again, no offence to camry lovers..... tongue.gif
...... and in the end the love we take is equal to the love we make

alldisc

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (alanchai33 @ May 2 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Facelift will launch in july smile_thumbup.gif

there is a very strong rumours that it will arrive here middle this year.

QUOTE (scend @ May 7 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

record shows camry has better sales against accord in every month since 1999. the 8th gen accord now has the better sales sicne january but we'll have to see which will be the best seller for 2009.

scend

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

scend

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
wja6227...
me too...my very own personal view on the current accord...

"the more i look at it, the more i feel wanna puke"

hope it does not tarnish ur good feel on accord... smile_big.gif

scend

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

scend

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ May 8 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
record shows camry has better sales against accord in every month since 1999. the 8th gen accord now has the better sales sicne january but we'll have to see which will be the best seller for 2009.

yah, lets see it...