Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Lightened Crank Pulley for Better Pick-up?

• Please log in to reply

yuneh16

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
Hi anyone have knowledge for this part? I heard of Mythelogy and claimed to increase instant power from 10-15 %. Will there be any side effect towards engine, belt or bearing life? anyone install it can share here?

vr2turbo

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ Apr 9 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi anyone have knowledge for this part? I heard of Mythelogy and claimed to increase instant power from 10-15 %. Will there be any side effect towards engine, belt or bearing life? anyone install it can share here?

Bro.

I think this have been posted many times already.
Maybe you could do a search into the past postings for some results.......

If not, wait and see whether the brothers here would want to go through this issue again....

rdgs,

fkmfkm

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

better pickup yes..but no hp gain.

michaeljen

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:37 AM

michaeljen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Apr 9 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
better pickup yes..but no hp gain.

bro drex....someone looking for your's specialty............... smile_sleepy.gif
The NMT Hamsap Committee Member of Waja Hamsapiens Club.

My name is michaelJenn.
I'm the grave digger....

maddriver

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:01 AM

maddriver

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

no side effects on the engine....... u will feel improvements in the pickup, and if u drive like u normally do, u will notice some savings in terms of fuel consumption

vr2turbo

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (maddriver @ Apr 10 2009, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no side effects on the engine....... u will feel improvements in the pickup, and if u drive like u normally do, u will notice some savings in terms of fuel consumption

Not only brothers, the sifu has spoken....... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

yuneh16

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 10 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not only brothers, the sifu has spoken....... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

HAHA,

I think I need to dig back the past posting, need to do home work here.

Its becoz i read in others webpage bout the pulley they installed in satrias, they did mention bout the bearing part. I need to check back.
But seems like many positive feedback going around. Really will look forward on it. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ Apr 10 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHA,

Its becoz i read in others webpage bout the pulley they installed in satrias, they did mention bout the bearing part. I need to check back.
But seems like many positive feedback going around. Really will look forward on it. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Bearing? The bearing is different part leh.....

maddriver

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:56 AM

maddriver

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ Apr 10 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHA,

if u use a crank pulley without the rubber dampener, then the criticial vibrations running down the crank will not be cancelled out, thus damaging the con rod bearings and the main bearings........... the only time that u can use those undampened crank pulleys is when u send the whole bottom end for engine balancing..........

as for the dampened versions, those are made to be just plug abd play, no need to take the engine apart for balancing......

limking

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:17 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (maddriver @ Apr 11 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if u use a crank pulley without the rubber dampener, then the criticial vibrations running down the crank will not be cancelled out, thus damaging the con rod bearings and the main bearings........... the only time that u can use those undampened crank pulleys is when u send the whole bottom end for engine balancing..........

as for the dampened versions, those are made to be just plug abd play, no need to take the engine apart for balancing......

Heard that the lighten and dampen Mythelogy crank pulley have came out with a new model call F1 edition with Telfon coating on it. smile_thumbup.gif Estimated cash and carry item to be priced around RM500 . And Works Engineering have upgrade their material on crank and cam pulleys to T7 aluminium billet which supposed to be lighter than the previous T6 aluminium billet . smile_tongue.gif
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE