Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Jumping Red Light To Let Ambulance Through

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
If i jump a red light to let an ambulance through,will i get a summon?
I was on my kapchai when this happen and there are about 10 motorcyclist whom do the same.
There is camera on the traffic light and i'm sure its 100% working as i saw it snap picture with flash the other night.

SplitFire

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Apr 21 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was on my kapchai when this happen and there are about 10 motorcyclist whom do the same.
There is camera on the traffic light and i'm sure its 100% working as i saw it snap picture with flash the other night.

Semua orang pun kena mar... Maybe the ambulance also in the pic. So the PDRM untung lor. smile_big.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

wanida

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Apr 21 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally, you have done 2 things, being a good citizen : smile_big.gif
1) By giving way to ambulance, thus helping another person's life... smile_thumbup.gif
2) If you been summoned, you sacrifice your money to the govt in order to buy more ambulance lor... smile_thumbup.gif

SplitFire

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (wanida @ May 19 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, you have done 2 things, being a good citizen : smile_big.gif
1) By giving way to ambulance, thus helping another person's life... smile_thumbup.gif
2) If you been summoned, you sacrifice your money to the govt in order to buy more ambulance lor... smile_thumbup.gif

Or contribute to the purchase of more traffic camera. smile_thumbup.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

nikstar

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

nikstar

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
I would hope that the case would be that you would not receve a summons or a fine, did you fully jump a light or just pull over the boundaries in order to let the ambulance pass?

TheGunner

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:08 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
If you're caught by the traffic camera, you will receive the saman. I was told by a figure from the authorities that if you were able to prove (now here's the tricky part) that you were making way for the ambulance, the saman will be waived. Perhaps you can ask them to check if the camera did catch an ambulance breaking the light seconds later?

Nevertheless, just remember that if an ambulance or fire truck comes up your rear with blaring sirens, you need to make way for them, even if it means jumping a red light, which under other circumstances cannot be forgiven.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

SplitFire

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,879 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Feb 18 2010, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're caught by the traffic camera, you will receive the saman. I was told by a figure from the authorities that if you were able to prove (now here's the tricky part) that you were making way for the ambulance, the saman will be waived. Perhaps you can ask them to check if the camera did catch an ambulance breaking the light seconds later?

Nevertheless, just remember that if an ambulance or fire truck comes up your rear with blaring sirens, you need to make way for them, even if it means jumping a red light, which under other circumstances cannot be forgiven.

I'm in a dilemma! ph34r.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

artemus

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

artemus

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts
ill gv way if i hv the space n no car can ram me from other direction..yes..life is valuable..either mine or the person on the ambulance..
cheap and fast wont be reliable
fast and reliable wont b cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast

Gunnerzz

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
I think i dont get summon as i received nothing so far.

TheGunner

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (artemus @ Feb 18 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ill gv way if i hv the space n no car can ram me from other direction..yes..life is valuable..either mine or the person on the ambulance..

You are absolutely right. Do check if other cars are coming from the green light's direction.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner