Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Vios Experience

• Please log in to reply

simonlim

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jun 3 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Annoying as some of you may find this, but this downshifting feature is actually very useful. Even the older Mitsubishi-engined Wajas with the same Mitsu INVECS-II gearbox as the newer Campro Protons has this.

When I drove my old 4-speed Wira 1.6A, I usually disable the OD myself to achieve this effect. In my mother's Mitsu-engine Waja, I quite happily let the gearbox downshift and make full use of the engine braking to control my descent.

It is in some way, a safety feature, and I definitely do not recommend that you have it disabled.

yes,i like this effect too in my previous waja. trink39.gif
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

kenwaja

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

kenwaja

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
Finally got my Vios today.......will send the car for tinted and change HU tomolo.... smile_approve.gif

weedboy

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

weedboy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Hi all,

havent replied for some time...too busy with work. I have some feedback and questions 4 u guys. I'll start with feedback.

AUTO DOWNSHIFT:

Although the merits of engine braking such as less brake pad and disc wear and tear are great, plus its
a safety feature, i feel that this system should not be given unless the manufacturer has fine tuned it's kinks.

The kinks:
1.it does not shift up quickly enough after decending a slope
2.gear drags for some time resulting in slower immeadiate accelaration which inturn inreases the rpms.
This results in slower accelaration and a less smooth drive, plus unnesscarily inreasing FC. (driven the old city vtec and it
does not suffer this due to the smooth CVT)

This is a flaw of our Vios' super-ECT. However it's not as bad as the invecs II equipped Protons'.

OLD vs NEW VIOS:

After having a really fun drag race with my buddy and his NCP42, we have come to the conclusion that the new Vios somehow accelarates a little quicker despite it's increased weight probably due to the Super-ECT and redesigned intake.

The NCP93's revs climb quicker and more smoothly (altho a little more whiny) than the NCP42's.

However, crusing at 3k RPM the NCP42 clocks 120km/h while the NCP93 clocks 110km/h and eventually settles in at 115km/h.

This is my feedback thus far. Now, some questions 4 u guys.

1.Where can i find some nice classy looking leather/pvc seat covers? I like to cruise around with my dog and these beige
seats are a bitch to clean.
2.How much is the 3rd service cost?
3.If i change to 16" rims, and add an ARB will i void my warranty?
4.I like the OEM kit very much, whats the cost without paint? and that rear skirt Ospair has?

Anyone interested to meet up for TT?

Cheers!!!!

azbro

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
QUOTE (weedboy @ Jun 23 2009, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

OLD vs NEW VIOS:

After having a really fun drag race with my buddy and his NCP42, we have come to the conclusion that the new Vios somehow accelarates a little quicker despite it's increased weight probably due to the Super-ECT and redesigned intake.

The NCP93's revs climb quicker and more smoothly (altho a little more whiny) than the NCP42's.

Cheers!!!!

errr...wait a minute...was it you I raced with on the road to Sg Rengit?...haha

Anyway, I agree, the new Vios is quicker in the acceleration bit, but still I can't be sure as he was slipstreaming me from behind...nope, the new Vios never overtoke my old Copper Vios at top speed...dunno why...I think that guy wanna play play only or not committed enough to do it.

weedboy

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:18 AM

weedboy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Hey Azbro,

It's possible...mine's black....hahaha.....

I'm not sure about top-end, cos we only tested it in a 1km drag. So never got past 150-160km/h.
You may be right that the NCP42 has better top end as the revs at 3k RPM get the car to 120km/h whereas the NCP93 settles in at 115 km/h at that rev range (at least mine). smile_angry.gif

I'm really happy now that reaching 10k km my engine rev whine has matured into a deeper growl, just like my buddy's NCP42. So i guess the 1NZ-FE just needed running in. smile_thumbup.gif

BTW, Wing Hin TOYOTA SC quoted me RM199 for my 10k km service using semi-syn, including car wash. I'm guessing this is reasonable?

I wanna service every 7k km so they should allow me from now on right? Since i've completed the 1k and 5k km service.

BTW, is there a route to mount a CAI hose? engine bay very cramped la, unlike my WIRA 1.8. smile_disapprove.gif

stevieg8

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:11 PM

stevieg8

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (henry9424 @ May 28 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dun have the Super ECT button? Does it mean, E is without Super ECT?
Checked into the online brochure, click http://toyota.com.my...sect=pricespecs to see. It states "4-Speed Automatic with Super ECT, Gate Shifter". If it is with Super ECT, but without the button, how does it work?

Hahaha .. ok , no offence .. just cant control myself ..

jwalker86

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

jwalker86

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

I'm really happy now that reaching 10k km my engine rev whine has matured into a deeper growl, just like my buddy's NCP42. So i guess the 1NZ-FE just needed running in. smile_thumbup.gif

[/quote]

is that how one will notice that the engine has matured when it growls deeper?

jwalker86

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

jwalker86

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
has anyone tried upgrade their vios ecu b4? install a piggy bag or reflash?

maxillain

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

maxillain

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
QUOTE (jwalker86 @ Feb 3 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
has anyone tried upgrade their vios ecu b4? install a piggy bag or reflash?

My personnel experience on my lovely Vios
Do not upgrade any car unless you are so keen and be prepare for the worst
Vios engine can operates very smooth using Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic compare to TGMO fully synthetic.
Vios that equip with super ECT need to be change gear oil at 30 to 40k and do flushing alternatively