Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda City Vs Toyota Vios Vs Proton Persona Se

• Please log in to reply

sof5at

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

sof5at

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

If I want to used the car for 4-5 years I choose City of Vios

If I want to used the car for more then 10 years I choose Persona SE

if we make comparison between those model to the model 10 years ago ..... well ....... compare the Vios / Campro / Accord / Civic ...... you understand what I mean .....

Extra money to mod somemore

sof5at

DAV2277

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

DAV2277

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
hi,
i would like to share, i have experienced to drive both city vtec, yr 08 and persona 07... both satisfied me... for pick up, go to city, but a little bit higher maintenance.... for handling, go foe persona.... for quality, dont xpect ct n vios have problem free.... my advice, go n test drive.... look their plastic part, ct n vios oso used cheap plastic.... n price, perona have better price, u will save up to 30k.... tq. miji.

ipohmali70

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

ipohmali70

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
QUOTE (DAV2277 @ May 9 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...for quality, dont xpect ct n vios have problem free.... my advice, go n test drive.... look their plastic part, ct n vios oso used cheap plastic....

Agree with you. Last week I was at SS14 Toyota showroom. There were 3 Vios in the showrrom. As I enetred the 1st one, the first thing that struck me was that there was a HUGE UNSIGHTLY GAP netween the radio panel and the grey dashboard. I think the gap was about 2 mm wide but as it is also uneven at some places perhaps 5 to 6mm. I thot perhaps that for this particular unit the radio panel was not fixed properrly but the same thing was also on the other 2 units.

Somehow the dashboard does not cover the radio panel well. As for the price the Vios goes for 90k, 30k more than the Persona SE. Of course our Boleh gahmen makes sure that this is so. If the playing field had been level, Proton would find it extremely tough to sell even with their best model.

ipohmali70

SplitFire

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (mlky @ Apr 10 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone can give a valuable advice? really need to know the pool opinion on whether worth it to spend additional RM30k more on vios and city?

In long run, is persona create lots of problem which will give higher maintenance as compare to city and vios?

If can afford the price of vios and city, will u still go for persona se?

Can I suggest you to buy a Waja CPS? Powerful, spacious, value for money. Most problem rectify. Comfortable drive. But its going to end of life cycle coz this model about 10yrs already.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

mosh

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:07 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
i Definitely will buy persona se ... but another 3 years la.. ( another 1 year for my car loan to settle, another 2 year for me to modify my 4g91 wira kaw2.. then sell it for downpayment for persona se) smile_tongue.gif