Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

206b - Old Stock But Sold As New! - Yr 2008 Model

• Please log in to reply

dtaykl

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

dtaykl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ Mar 30 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wish to highlight once again, they're NOT 2009 built. If it is, I don't think it will be selling at that price. Some SA might not tell the entire truth, but do understand that there is BIG discount for the Bestari (apart from the NCL offer of 0% interest up to 12 years).

These types of discount can be seen on most (if not all) brand. Even if you go to Toyota/Honda, let's say year end, usually the early year, you can opt for previous year model/stock for a few thousand discount.

Even during 2008 itself, before the NCL offer, the old stock are selling with around RM5,000 discount; Around November/December, they started NCL offer and with discounts up to RM7K++.

BUT, however, yes, it's true that the PDI (Post Delivery Inspection) are really poor. Some of the brand received good units or good PDI, or maybe the branch/dealer take a little effort to make sure the car is in good condition before giving it to customers.

I just don't understand how such poor condition can even pass the branch/dealer eyes to just give it to the customers; Feels like their expectation is very bad and low, never even care. None of them seems to care to check (actually no need to check also, it's so obvious), and just deliver it to the customers.

Anyway, after Peugeot Club Malaysia AGM yesterday, I did highlight this issue to someone, and was told they're looking into it and they might be planning to do a 2nd PDI before the car is released to the customers; But I think this will take extra some time, and hope the customers will not be so pushy, as you know, when they heard the loan is approved, they'll be more eager and pushy, why hasn't the car deliver to them.
If can, for those still waiting, just tell the SA to make sure the car is in good condition, make sure they did a good PDI, then you don't mind waiting a little longer.

ADDED:
Most (if not all) of the 206 tyres would've aged and not in good condition. Please get those tyres replace, get it claimed at the SC, complain to them that it has harden, giving problems, etc. Tyre's lifespan is around 3 years, most of the tyres is already more than 1 year++, if not 2. It's already requires changing.
Try your best and insist them to change it.

Hi Andy, you mentioend attending Peugeot Club Malaysia AGM. Is this a club or some formal function organized by Peugeot ?

swing123

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

swing123

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (dtaykl @ Mar 30 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. 2nd to 3rd gear switch happens at 3K rpm and above. Else the car will carry on dragging on 2nd.

2. During gear changing, there's a distinct "thud" sound followed by a small jerk. Is this normal?

1. were you driving alone or with full load of passengers?

no comment about the second question as i only driving it over the weekend nd playing mostly with manul shift..

Art806

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

Art806

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
QUOTE (swing123 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. were you driving alone or with full load of passengers?

no comment about the second question as i only driving it over the weekend nd playing mostly with manul shift..

the rpm during gear change would depend on the load and the gradient of the road; the 'thud' sound when changing gears is felt by me as well aspecially from 1st to 2nd gear..
<BR>-Art-<BR><BR>My Ride:<BR><BR><A HREF="http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334">http://www.cardomain.com/id/Art4334</A></a>

Visit My Website

Andy214

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll definately get the SC folk to change every single part of the car in exchange for the short-change i am experiencing now. Anyone care to join ?

My greatest worry is the AL4 tranmission. I heard many stories about this car and the pressure device which is prone to give problem. How do I check if it's how a new transmission should behave ?

Just a short description, I took the car for a short drive over the weekend and notice the following:

1. 2nd to 3rd gear switch happens at 3K rpm and above. Else the car will carry on dragging on 2nd.

2. During gear changing, there's a distinct "thud" sound followed by a small jerk. Is this normal?

Thanks for the input again folk!!. Great to know there's still some decent ppl...

-danny

For the AL4 transmission, just remember to use ONLY PSA authorised ATF. Do not try with other brand. It's the same for many advanced box including the CVT, Super ECT (Toyota), etc.
Maintain it well and hope it won't give you any problem, there's few owners which their gearbox is the first version AL4 and still running fine till date.

Also, it is advice to change the ATF every 30,000KM or 1 year (whichever comes first). You might spend a little more compared to the regular maintenance fee, but I think it's worth it.
Coolant, Brake Fluid should be change/replace every 2 years.

For your car, you might want to pay more attention to the Timing Belt as the lifespan isn't just by mileage alone, there's is duration in terms of "time". Just check it during your 60,000KM service or maybe 3 to 4th year? If you're advised to change, then you should consider it.

Just in case you did encounter any warnings (particularly for the AL4, such as Sport and Snow mode flashing), please follow the instructions in your manual carefully. For the AL4 warnings, it states not to drive over 100km/h and send the car to the SC as soon as possible; In this case, you should not stress the gearbox as it will be working in downgraded or safety mode to prevent damage done. There're stories where owners who ignore or learned to "reset" the warnings (ignore), and soon it become serious.

The gear changing behaviour will need some time to get used to, and just FYI, internally, it has 3 modes:
1. ECO
2. NORMAL
3. SPORTS (this is internal sports mode, which gives you more spirited drive and higher REV or RPM change)

So, if you notice your gear change at high RPM and holding on, it could be the internal sports mode engage, it usually adapts to the driver's driving pattern and switch accordingly. It also take some time to learn and adapt to a new driver's driving pattern/behavior.
There's one owner which complains about the characteristic of the gearbox change after ATF change, which was actually because the gearbox was reset and probably adapted the mechanic driving pattern during test session. Got to know that after sometime, the gearbox was able to learns and adapt back to his driving pattern.

If you feel/suspect the gearbox characteristic or RPM is still not behaving properly, you can complain it to the SC, mentioned about the high RPM gear change; They should know what need to be done.

As for the 'thud' sound, when I test drive the Bestari, I only notice it when I come to a stop or when it shifts down to 1st gear; usually if you're in sports mode or you come to a stop from fast driving.
Other than that, it's very smooth, upshift was not noticeable, but downshift yes, depending on the speed ad gear.

QUOTE (dtaykl @ Mar 30 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Andy, you mentioend attending Peugeot Club Malaysia AGM. Is this a club or some formal function organized by Peugeot ?

It's the Peugeot Club Malaysia's Annual General Meeting (AGM). This club is official Peugeot Club for Malaysia.
http://www.peugeotclubmalaysia.com
We're truly honoured to have the Marketing Manager from Nasim-Peugeot to be with us during the Meeting.

We also have an unofficial 206 club, called, My206Club, which can stand for Malaysia 206 Club or simply, My 206 Club (for international)
http://my206club.blogspot.com

We also have a forum specially for My206Club under Autoworld's Private Car Club Forum.

If you're free, do join us for any of our TT sessions, and we can talk and learn more about the car, checking out member's ride, experience sharing, etc.

nozzy

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
I did experience the same, but the AL4 in 206 reacts differently compare to my old citroen. Down shifting has the same feeling.

Sometimes also depends on gradient and speed of the car to shift fr 2nd to 3rd, I still cant really use to it yet those dragging makes the car consume more coz @ high rev. Was in SC last wk and told them to reset and do not know whether they have done it or not coz was not written in the job card.

intermilan

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll definately get the SC folk to change every single part of the car in exchange for the short-change i am experiencing now. Anyone care to join ?

My greatest worry is the AL4 tranmission. I heard many stories about this car and the pressure device which is prone to give problem. How do I check if it's how a new transmission should behave ?

Just a short description, I took the car for a short drive over the weekend and notice the following:

Thanks for the input again folk!!. Great to know there's still some decent ppl...

-danny

danny,

basically, all your question about the gearbox has been covered before.

you shouldn't worried about the gearbox anymore. bestari should get the latest updated gearbox with the fattest ATF oil cooler, which is one of the most single important part of the gearbox in hot country like M'sia..

And just follow Andy advised on the ATF oil change.
as for #1, and #2, the gearbox behave like that. and that also because u r not familiar with how it works.
it should get better over time (when you know how it works), after change oil and reset g/box.

so ...preferably, go change the ATF oil and reset the gearbox (complaint to SC that gear change happen at too high RPM, they should know what to do). if your car gearbox oil have been inside the gearbox since let say end 2007, it's more than 1 year already, rite? change it should be the safe thing to do. spend a little for piece of mind.

sn00py

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

sn00py

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Mar 31 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did experience the same, but the AL4 in 206 reacts differently compare to my old citroen. Down shifting has the same feeling.

Sometimes also depends on gradient and speed of the car to shift fr 2nd to 3rd, I still cant really use to it yet those dragging makes the car consume more coz @ high rev. Was in SC last wk and told them to reset and do not know whether they have done it or not coz was not written in the job card.

Although my gb has been adapting my driving style since then, but still there is sometimes a drag from 2nd to 3rd gear when

1) Fetch a heavy load that i usually not.
2) Drive at a slight steep road at constant speed.
3) Basement carpark(where you have alot of stop and go and turn)

Other than that it is very smooth at 2.5k - 2.8k RPM gearchange
sn00pz

dtaykl

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

dtaykl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
hi Guys, all of your reply have been very helpful and really appreciate the pointers given on my transmission maintenance.

If any of you are getting into the idea for a TT session say 2 weeks for new, do drop me a message, please. Would like to hear from you guys more about this car and things to do and avoid.

Basically I have been an avid manual driver and this's the first time i am getting an Auto. Lots to learn from the new experience.

thanks again guys and shall update all on my visit to SC this weekend, or maybe Friday.

Andy214

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (dtaykl @ Mar 31 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi Guys, all of your reply have been very helpful and really appreciate the pointers given on my transmission maintenance.

If any of you are getting into the idea for a TT session say 2 weeks for new, do drop me a message, please. Would like to hear from you guys more about this car and things to do and avoid.

Basically I have been an avid manual driver and this's the first time i am getting an Auto. Lots to learn from the new experience.

thanks again guys and shall update all on my visit to SC this weekend, or maybe Friday.

You can visit here for more information on what to look out for:
http://my206club.blo...nformation.html

If you don't mind, you can PM me your contact; if there is any TT, I usually send out SMS to the members.

The good thing about this car is it comes with Tiptronic, so you can still meddle a little bit with the gears and have more control comparing with manual transmission. Although not as fun or in-control, but at least there is such feature provided and as another plus, you don't need to use clutch and the smoother change most of the time.

intermilan

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Register your newly-delivered Bestari issues / problem / warranty claims here:
http://forum.autowor...showtopic=88152