Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

206b - Old Stock But Sold As New! - Yr 2008 Model

• Please log in to reply

dtaykl

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

dtaykl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi Guys,

I have just took delivery of my new Bestari 206. Was really excited over the whole idea but things turn into alittle disappointment when i discover a few things about my car which indicates it might be an old refurbished unit. I am not sure any owners had notice this pieces but here's my highlight:

1. Paint marks all over places which shouldn't be painted - under door handles, mud-guard screws, bumper, rubber rails.

2. Broken glass debris - not sure to consider myself lucky but i found this little piece of broken glass when i flipped open the carpet of my trunk!!.

3. Rust undercarriage - by the joins of absorbers

4. Heavily repainted undercarriage. Some of the black paint spills over to the back of the rim.

5. Little bubbles on rubber windscreen.

6. Suspension fells very soft despite tyre pressure at 245psi!!.. Anyone can vouch for this one?

7. Dent on the roof

8. Algae growth at the bottom of the windscreen.

After seeing all these, I got very curious exactly when was this car manufactured, so I set forth to search for parts in the car which may give me clues like inspection date, mfg date and etc. Interestingly, I found none, and I am so so puzzled as this is the first time i see a brand new car with so little post-QC info and so much cover-up. All I manage to get was the year the parts was manufactured and mostly indicated 06.

I really hope I am not the only one seeing this as I feel really short-changed for a so called "good deal" on a continental car.

Anyone got similar experience or some info to share, please advice. Appreciate the help very much.

Thank you.

- danny

etetet

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

etetet

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
QUOTE (dtaykl @ Mar 30 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Guys,

I have just took delivery of my new Bestari 206. Was really excited over the whole idea but things turn into alittle disappointment when i discover a few things about my car which indicates it might be an old refurbished unit. I am not sure any owners had notice this pieces but here's my highlight:

1. Paint marks all over places which shouldn't be painted - under door handles, mud-guard screws, bumper, rubber rails.

2. Broken glass debris - not sure to consider myself lucky but i found this little piece of broken glass when i flipped open the carpet of my trunk!!.

4. Heavily repainted undercarriage. Some of the black paint spills over to the back of the rim.

6. Suspension fells very soft despite tyre pressure at 245psi!!.. Anyone can vouch for this one?

7. Dent on the roof

After seeing all these, I got very curious exactly when was this car manufactured, so I set forth to search for parts in the car which may give me clues like inspection date, mfg date and etc. Interestingly, I found none, and I am so so puzzled as this is the first time i see a brand new car with so little post-QC info and so much cover-up. All I manage to get was the year the parts was manufactured and mostly indicated 06.

I really hope I am not the only one seeing this as I feel really short-changed for a so called "good deal" on a continental car.

Anyone got similar experience or some info to share, please advice. Appreciate the help very much.

Thank you.

- danny

All I can tell is, you're not alone. wink.gif

And for points highlighted in red, that's really really crazy la. I would not know how to react if I get a brand new car like this. Yeah, poor assembly quality and poor QC but this is way tooooo much la. smile_angry.gif

Ethan L.

----==| my206club.blogspot.com |==----

epang

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

epang

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
QUOTE (etetet @ Mar 30 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I can tell is, you're not alone. wink.gif

And for points highlighted in red, that's really really crazy la. I would not know how to react if I get a brand new car like this. Yeah, poor assembly quality and poor QC but this is way tooooo much la. smile_angry.gif

broken glass debris- you are the second person i've known to had such problems.

Andy214

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
I just wish to highlight once again, they're NOT 2009 built. If it is, I don't think it will be selling at that price. Some SA might not tell the entire truth, but do understand that there is BIG discount for the Bestari (apart from the NCL offer of 0% interest up to 12 years).

These types of discount can be seen on most (if not all) brand. Even if you go to Toyota/Honda, let's say year end, usually the early year, you can opt for previous year model/stock for a few thousand discount.

Even during 2008 itself, before the NCL offer, the old stock are selling with around RM5,000 discount; Around November/December, they started NCL offer and with discounts up to RM7K++.

BUT, however, yes, it's true that the PDI (Post Delivery Inspection) are really poor. Some of the brand received good units or good PDI, or maybe the branch/dealer take a little effort to make sure the car is in good condition before giving it to customers.

I just don't understand how such poor condition can even pass the branch/dealer eyes to just give it to the customers; Feels like their expectation is very bad and low, never even care. None of them seems to care to check (actually no need to check also, it's so obvious), and just deliver it to the customers.

Anyway, after Peugeot Club Malaysia AGM yesterday, I did highlight this issue to someone, and was told they're looking into it and they might be planning to do a 2nd PDI before the car is released to the customers; But I think this will take extra some time, and hope the customers will not be so pushy, as you know, when they heard the loan is approved, they'll be more eager and pushy, why hasn't the car deliver to them.
If can, for those still waiting, just tell the SA to make sure the car is in good condition, make sure they did a good PDI, then you don't mind waiting a little longer.

ADDED:
Most (if not all) of the 206 tyres would've aged and not in good condition. Please get those tyres replace, get it claimed at the SC, complain to them that it has harden, giving problems, etc. Tyre's lifespan is around 3 years, most of the tyres is already more than 1 year++, if not 2. It's already requires changing.
Try your best and insist them to change it.

Andy214

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

7. Dent on the roof

- danny

Forgot to mentioned this, you might want to complaint to your SA and get this issue rectifiedor solve ASAP at the SC before they start pushing and blaming it's customers fault.
(Especially those in bold).

I'm not sure what exactly do you mean; Perhaps you can compare it with their test drive model/or any other 206 available there and complain to them for better reference.

Good luck bro, and please update us the status.

intermilan

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
Hi danny,

Reduction of bestari price must have reason behind it.
very seldom any car manufacturer want to give any sort of discount for current year stock for no apparent reason. what important to buyer is whether the reduction and the related T&C is 'fair' or not.

the bestari might be 'old stock' but still sell as new car, since it is a 'newly-assembled' car (as far as assembling in M'sia in concern). Well its a CKD --> therefore assembled-in-M'sia. And the year assembled in M'sia = year manufactured. And surely it is an unregistered car. i seen enough bestari to conclude this.

so by definition, there's nothing wrong with it (being touted as new, as far as i'm concerned).

allow me to assume a scenario:

the CKD or SKD 'packs' of let say your car might arrived in Malaysia in let say year 2007 but had been partly assembled in France in year 2006 or 2007 with parts that were manufactured in 2006.

and let say the CKD/SKD/partly assembled car was kept in their stockyard since its arrived until year 2008 where it's finally being completely assembled at Naza Gurun.

then in the same year i.e. 2008 or perhaps this year 2009, it was registered under your name, the buyer.

it is not wrong to classify it as being manufactured in year 2008 as that was the year its been assembled 'completely' in Naza factory. and they still provide the full 3 years warranty from the day you took delivery of the car (so warranty until 2011 if deliver in 2008 - for a car that 'start' it life beginning in 2006).

The risks is their's. But of course buyer had to assume a little risks too, which will materialise as the need to visit SC for warranty claim might be a little more frequent than industry average. but this is to be expected for any car that had been in storage for lengthy time period. what i found unfair or rather unfortunate, buyer aren't aware of the car 'history' and it is unfair for buyer to had to invoke warranty claims so soon after delivery of car.

having said that, it will be a biger disaster if it were to be classified as being manufactured in year 2006 in the car registration card, if one consider the certainty of the car losing big time in its market value. beside its not fair to classify it any older as the car is finally assembled in 2008.

as for the suspicion that its might be an old refurbished car, i think that is quite a heavy 'accusation' to be published in a public domain such as this forum. i hope you either rectract or back-up such claims with further evidence. using slightly older brand-new parts to manufacture a new car is not wrong. but not nice.
there might be other possibilities as to why certain things with the bestari doesn't fit the supposedly new car image.

example, the glass debris might be due to the original glass got crack or broken during transport, transit or while in stockyard. the dent in roof might be due the same / different accident that happened to the glass. so my take on this is that, there might be a honest story behind such unusual findings. they replaced the damaged parts but the clean-up job is not perfect.

nevertheless, most of the eight (8) findings that you highlighted shouldn't be there is a 'brand new' car.

but since this is a marked-down (sold with reduced price) old-stock/newly-assembled car, but was still backed up with 3 years warranty, i can only say you lose some , you win some.

although, since you are the owner yourself, it is you who are the best person to decide on this.

for me, you can still claim for warranty for any things that were to your dissatisfaction. but whatever it is, it is certainly an unnecessary headache / hassle.

i would suggest to all soon-to-be bestari owner to conduct a thorough pre-delivery check b4 take delivery of your 'allegedly' not-so-new bestari.

Beside all this, i still view the overall package (the car, the loan) as fair value.

But Nasim must ensure better PDI at your factory please. Dont pass the buck / 'defective products' to buyer and after sales service.

etetet

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

etetet

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
Ok, what Intermilan said about the Year of Manufacture is reasonable and acceptable.

However, I think what matters more is the buyer's feeling of getting a new car!!! You know, the nice feeling that you have when you are handed your new car key and "Wow! This is MY car!!!" kind of feeling. And then even before you reach home with the new car, you discover so many less-than-perfect things about your new car.

The explanation given by Intermilan about the broken glass & dent on roof is logical. But, the bottom line is, the buyer should not see glass debris in his new car! And the dent on roof, arg... how can you expect a buyer to be happy seeing a freaking dent on his/her new car la! A dent makes me sad even my car is about 2 years old now. sad.gif

Naza/Peugeot might be willing to rectify all the issues faced by the new car buyers. However, the damage is done. And to make the issue worse, Naza/Peugeot is only rectifying the problems after the new car buyers keep pushing them! Now what? Get a new car, start to pay for the car loan, and keep the car in the workshop for the first 2 months? Sounds crazy to me, even if it's only 2 days, it's already bad.

And lets look at the big picture. The buyers start their relationship with Naza/Peugeot when the buy their new car. And now what? The relationships are started with complains and warranty claim and all sort of unhappy things. This is not gonna help bringing Peugeot back into the market!

Ethan L.

----==| my206club.blogspot.com |==----

nozzy

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
What I can say is that the PDI was not carried out within the compliance, is it because of overwhelming orders? The way I look it is they becoming to "tidak apa" attitude and they are indirectly killing the brand here nonetheless the SC.

I am new to Peugeot used to have citroen, car is good but the dealers are making it bad. I wonder have Nasim improved in their after sales, heard that there was a new regional after sales manager in the house. Hope he can implement better effectiveness of the SC from what I have seen him before trasforming previous SC(another brand) fr worst to better. Probably time.....can change alot of things.

swing123

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

swing123

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Mar 30 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I can say is that the PDI was not carried out within the compliance, is it because of overwhelming orders? The way I look it is they becoming to "tidak apa" attitude and they are indirectly killing the brand here nonetheless the SC.

I am new to Peugeot used to have citroen, car is good but the dealers are making it bad. I wonder have Nasim improved in their after sales, heard that there was a new regional after sales manager in the house. Hope he can implement better effectiveness of the SC from what I have seen him before trasforming previous SC(another brand) fr worst to better. Probably time.....can change alot of things.

I believe all these bowed down to corporate culture and discipline, and have to be driven from the top.

Imagine if the top is concern with all these, and take disciplinary action against those who adopt tidak apa attitude to the work place, including summary dismissal and termination, then you will see the rest of the staff (factory, sales, service center) sit up and take a change toward their attitude. If an organisation is not run with authority, you will end up seeing Naza group turning into another typical "government department/ministry". Simple, you got a job in govt, you will never be fired for taking tidak apa attitude toward works. The employee will ask, why bother to work harder? what is in it even if i work harder?

until we as a nation changed our mentality, vision 2020 would seems more realistic to be 2200.

well, apologise for the side tracking in a Automobile forum tongue.gif

dtaykl

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

dtaykl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. I'll definately get the SC folk to change every single part of the car in exchange for the short-change i am experiencing now. Anyone care to join ?

My greatest worry is the AL4 tranmission. I heard many stories about this car and the pressure device which is prone to give problem. How do I check if it's how a new transmission should behave ?

Just a short description, I took the car for a short drive over the weekend and notice the following:

1. 2nd to 3rd gear switch happens at 3K rpm and above. Else the car will carry on dragging on 2nd.

2. During gear changing, there's a distinct "thud" sound followed by a small jerk. Is this normal?

Thanks for the input again folk!!. Great to know there's still some decent ppl...

-danny