Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bridgestone Potenza Re001 (thailand) Vs Toyo T1r (japan) Vs Yokohama Ad07 (japan)

• Please log in to reply

hakim504

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

hakim504

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Please help me to compare.

azbro

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
Re001 and Toyo T1R can compare together...

But Ad07 is totally different tires...Ad07 is made for the maximum grip in the dry. It will run rings around Re001 or T1R on the track. In the very heavy rain...safe to say...you can go abt 80km/h only.

Anyway...T1R is way more popular than the RE001. I did compare Ultra performance tires together...SDrive looks awesome. But now there is a new contender....the Hankook V12Evo...

vr2turbo

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Bro. hakim,

For my size the RE-001 are much more expensive. As mentioned by bro. azbro, the AD-07 are extreme tyres and are of different class or league.
Between the RE-001 and T1-R, of UHP range, The RE should be better for the dry and T1-R for wet. Comfort wise T1-R will win.
As mentioned again, there is still the Yoko S-Drive that can match these 2 tyres.
For Hankook V12, they looks very promising, but yet to be really compared against the likes of the 3 tyres above.

What size are you referring to? As there are other tyres in different range..... smile_thumbup.gif

rdgs,

hakim504

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

hakim504

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 27 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. hakim,

For my size the RE-001 are much more expensive. As mentioned by bro. azbro, the AD-07 are extreme tyres and are of different class or league.
Between the RE-001 and T1-R, of UHP range, The RE should be better for the dry and T1-R for wet. Comfort wise T1-R will win.
As mentioned again, there is still the Yoko S-Drive that can match these 2 tyres.
For Hankook V12, they looks very promising, but yet to be really compared against the likes of the 3 tyres above.

What size are you referring to? As there are other tyres in different range..... smile_thumbup.gif

rdgs,

Now I'm using standard 15'' rim with 195 55 15 Eagle F1 made in Thailand. I don't like this tire because of vibration on high speed. Need to do on-wheel balancing each time i do tire rotation. But this tire actually really help me when driving on Karak Highway.

This vibration problem happen when i start change to Thailand made tires, Michelin Pilot Preceda (Citroen Xantia), Michelin MX1 (Citroen ZX) and Eagle F1 (Suzuki Swift). I don't know if it is a mistake of the tire shop, but i think it is the tires actually has low quality compared to Japan made. I have no problem with my previous tires potenza re080 made in japan, comfort, excellent grip and no vibration.

Now I feels like i want to try potenza re001, but for my size it is only thailand made. The price is about the same with both japan's made toyo t1r and yokohama ad07.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (hakim504 @ Mar 27 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I'm using standard 15'' rim with 195 55 15 Eagle F1 made in Thailand. I don't like this tire because of vibration on high speed. Need to do on-wheel balancing each time i do tire rotation. But this tire actually really help me when driving on Karak Highway.

This vibration problem happen when i start change to Thailand made tires, Michelin Pilot Preceda (Citroen Xantia), Michelin MX1 (Citroen ZX) and Eagle F1 (Suzuki Swift). I don't know if it is a mistake of the tire shop, but i think it is the tires actually has low quality compared to Japan made. I have no problem with my previous tires potenza re080 made in japan, comfort, excellent grip and no vibration.

Now I feels like i want to try potenza re001, but for my size it is only thailand made. The price is about the same with both japan's made toyo t1r and yokohama ad07.

Take the AD-07 if the price is right. Bro. azbro will agree totally.... ha! ha!:smile_tongue:
Having said that, I have not heard of any problems with balancing on the RE-001.
Only heard that the ride is harder and wears quite fast....
Toyo T1-R should win in the comfort zone....

rdgs,

azbro

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 27 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take the AD-07 if the price is right. Bro. azbro will agree totally.... ha! ha!:smile_tongue:
Having said that, I have not heard of any problems with balancing on the RE-001.
Only heard that the ride is harder and wears quite fast....
Toyo T1-R should win in the comfort zone....

rdgs,

Dun get the AD07..the latest AD08 right around the corner... smile_thumbup.gif

Between the RE001 and T1R...I'll get the S-Drive...test always shows that in the dry yokohama's are the Kings of fastest laps..even with the S-Drive. Seriously....go to the tire shop, line up the tires side by side...I know sure you go for the AD07...but for ultra performance, S-Drive is so well built.

vr2turbo

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Mar 27 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Between the RE001 and T1R...I'll get the S-Drive...test always shows that in the dry yokohama's are the Kings of fastest laps..even with the S-Drive. Seriously....go to the tire shop, line up the tires side by side...I know sure you go for the AD07...but for ultra performance, S-Drive is so well built.

Bro. azbro,

So when is AD-08 arriving? That day you mention end April, right?
I like that part, between RE & T1R, I get S-Drive...ha! ha! Give you 2 options and you came out with a third... smile_thumbup.gif
Bro. mubull uses the 15" S-Drive and mine are on 17". He mention might have differences in the two tyres also....

hakim504

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

hakim504

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Mar 27 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just bought AD07 for front tires, maybe next 3 month will buy AD08 for rear tires, really satisfied with the performance, thanks for you all replies...

azbro

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:20 AM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
QUOTE (hakim504 @ Mar 27 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just bought AD07 for front tires, maybe next 3 month will buy AD08 for rear tires, really satisfied with the performance, thanks for you all replies...

Hehe...see bro vr2, its not so difficult to recruit ppl into the 'dark side'....wicked tires... smile_approve.gif

Just be careful when it rains, tires still grip on damp roads, but puddles is a no no.

vr2turbo

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Mar 29 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe...see bro vr2, its not so difficult to recruit ppl into the 'dark side'....wicked tires... smile_approve.gif

Just be careful when it rains, tires still grip on damp roads, but puddles is a no no.

Bro. azbro,

Recommending good tyres is okay, whether dark or bright side....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

But bad tyres in the dark side is a no - no...... smile_evil.gif