Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Search Function

• Please log in to reply

FEMLab

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
Dear Admin Team,

Hi, I have experiance dificulties when using search function (search for tread containing the car model) where the model has less than 4 characters.

We have alot of car that has less than 4 characters like (to name a few):
FTO, 407, 308, EOS, GTI, CRV, E90, E46, SLK

Maybe you guys can take away the less than 4 characters rules for search function.
FEMLab

ForumAdmin

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

ForumAdmin

Road Warrior

• Root Admin
  • PipPip
  • 960 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Mar 24 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Admin Team,

Hi, I have experiance dificulties when using search function (search for tread containing the car model) where the model has less than 4 characters.

Maybe you guys can take away the less than 4 characters rules for search function.

Hi, thank you for your suggestion. I think its a rule by the standard search feature for PHP code. We will check with the technical team on this possibility.

THank you.
Forum Admin Autoworld.com.my

Browse more of Autoworld --> Buy / Sell car | Sell Parts & Accessories | Autoworld Blog | Motor insurance/takaful | Apply for AAM online

Jaime

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
QUOTE (FEMLab @ Mar 24 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Admin Team,

Hi there,

We are glad to inform you that we have reduced it to min 3 characters now. Thanks again for your suggestion, pls feel free to PM me if you encounter problem using the forum again. Thanks.

Regards,
Jaime @ AW

FEMLab

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:08 AM

FEMLab

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Mar 24 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,

We are glad to inform you that we have reduced it to min 3 characters now. Thanks again for your suggestion, pls feel free to PM me if you encounter problem using the forum again. Thanks.

Hi there,

Seem like the problem still persist..searching for these 3-charactors word now instead if return error..its return no results..hope you can retify the problems
FEMLab