Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Innova: Pro And Cons

• Please log in to reply

zamanit

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

zamanit

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Apr 23 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
care to share price of similar EO supplied by other lubricant companies?

1. 4L pack of mineral based EO TGMO RM61.90. Shell? Mobil? Caltex? Petronas?

2. 4L pack of semi synthetic EO TGMO(10W-40) RM81.50. Shell? Mobil? Caltex? Petronas?

3. 4L pack of full synthetic EO TGMO(5W-40) RM185.00. Shell? Mobil? Caltex? Petronas?

Hi guys,

I'm just a new guy here.. Just to share on the EO issues. To me all are more towards marketing strategies by TOYOTA... All others EO are having the same specs... I did argue with Toyota Guy in centre but they can't give any prove that other EO will defect the engine. Yes, we can get the full synthethic as lower as RM 145 (synthium 3000) but then they don't want to do it and we as the user/consumer need to pay a little bit higher for the same quality of EO. Even National Consumer can't do anything since the law/rule is not on consumer side. This is what we called monopoly.

On the car performance, I do agreed that this car is and fun to drive. For people that looking for bigger size and cheaper, Innova is the right chioce. In term of fuel consumption, it's a litle bit high but all depend how heavy is your foot.. smile_wink.gif

If any body know any good dealer selling eibach coils for innova, pls let me know the cost and where can I get it..?

jtsilver

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

jtsilver

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Apr 23 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
care to share price of similar EO supplied by other lubricant companies?

1. 4L pack of mineral based EO TGMO RM61.90. Shell? Mobil? Caltex? Petronas?

2. 4L pack of semi synthetic EO TGMO(10W-40) RM81.50. Shell? Mobil? Caltex? Petronas?

3. 4L pack of full synthetic EO TGMO(5W-40) RM185.00. Shell? Mobil? Caltex? Petronas?

wow, Toyota oil only RM81.50 for semi-syn?? is there any plus plus charges?

I bought castrol magnatec at rm88.00 from sparepart shop, i tot already cheap as compare to workshop @ RM103.00. Now only to found out Toyota orig. oil only cheaper. smile_blackeye.gif

Can we just buy from toyota centre and then service our car outside?? Or that price only for service-in??

alldisc

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (jtsilver @ May 14 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought castrol magnatec at rm88.00 from sparepart shop, i tot already cheap as compare to workshop @ RM103.00. Now only to found out Toyota orig. oil only cheaper. smile_blackeye.gif

Can we just buy from toyota centre and then service our car outside?? Or that price only for service-in??

no ++ charges as its a net price. can buy at their parts counter also.

willi

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

willi

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (jtsilver @ May 14 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carrefour is selling this for $79.90 only ( or $89.90, not so sure )

willi

yeong

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
Another option is P2 semi-syn @ RM75 at P2 SC. It is Petronas OEM.
I bought it for the peace of mind.

madtoyota

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

madtoyota

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
ok, i share my experience with innova..

last time i drove innova G AT from Ipoh to Tg.Malim. i took the car from Toyota stock yard Ipoh Branch n fueling with rm30 then using hway to tg.malim. During back i drove 160kmh, sometime can reach to 180kmh. Top speed with Innova better than Hilux. can be cucuk Vios. Bumping abit at high speed at bumpy road cond. So to me RM30 fuel comsumption is ok, compare with Hilux rm50. Vios rm20-25.

ok, i got 1 customer who are bought new Wish. after 1 year, he intend to trade in his Wish with Innova. He told me, Wish nicer but Small Space compare to innova. Innova interior better n luxurious. Easy to access with better seat adjustment. Plus innova Air Cond blower got 3. u n ur child will not suffer. Innova if u like to sporty look, change to lowered spring, nicer 16" sport rim n tinted will be nice same like Wish with more spacious.

anything about Toyota Sales Promotion, cantact me Ahmad 013-355 3301
Hi I'm Ahmad, Toyota S.A. I'm here not just sell a car, im here intend to learn n share knowledge n experience.
BTW, to the ppl who interested with Toyota car and bodykit, i will give special discount, price, promotion and service.

ok. will see u soon.tq

if u want low interest with cash rebate, contact me...
http://forum.lowyat....opic=998366&hl=
Ahmad
013-355 3301

Joytoy

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ May 18 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another option is P2 semi-syn @ RM75 at P2 SC. It is Petronas OEM.
I bought it for the peace of mind.

Really ???
Right down at the bottom on my list of preference.

Ade_Lee

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

Ade_Lee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
I have a colleague who owns a Wish.
I bought an Innove, and he started to make fun of me saying the Innova is noisy la, clumsy la, and cheapo.
I countered by saying that with the money I used to buy the clumsy, noisy and cheapo Innnova, I got bigger space, Captain Seats (driver and Passenger), 7 ADULT SEATS, dual air cons and peace of mind that I can maintain the car anywhere. Furthermore, the price difference between Wish and Innova, I can use that money to fuel and maintain my Innova for 5 years!

He has never brought up the issue again.....

alldisc

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (Ade_Lee @ Jun 1 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a colleague who owns a Wish.
I bought an Innove, and he started to make fun of me saying the Innova is noisy la, clumsy la, and cheapo.
I countered by saying that with the money I used to buy the clumsy, noisy and cheapo Innnova, I got bigger space, Captain Seats (driver and Passenger), 7 ADULT SEATS, dual air cons and peace of mind that I can maintain the car anywhere. Furthermore, the price difference between Wish and Innova, I can use that money to fuel and maintain my Innova for 5 years!

He has never brought up the issue again.....

Wish is sumthing more like 5+2 tourer.

H2O

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

H2O

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts
my Innova going to 3th years ...so far so good no problem at all ..use it everyday town (KL driving) .... fuel usage ... 10-11km/l. And enjoying 3 row aircon ... when family outing.

I think is b'cos not problem ...the Innova forum nothing much talk above...[biggrin.gif]