Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Dura Edge Wiper

• Please log in to reply

boy30

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

boy30

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
what is the different between guarantee 5 year which i bought (18", 20" ) for rm50 ( did not stated 2 years warranty) and
the one i found in supermarket (18"'20") with 2 years warranty for rm 41? old stock vs new stock?

vr2turbo

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (boy30 @ Feb 28 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what is the different between guarantee 5 year which i bought (18", 20" ) for rm50 ( did not stated 2 years warranty) and
the one i found in supermarket (18"'20") with 2 years warranty for rm 41? old stock vs new stock?

Dura Edge use to be lifetime warranty. So does that means it has gone down to 5, and now only 2years? smile_shock.gif

monroe

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:54 AM

monroe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 1 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dura Edge use to be lifetime warranty. So does that means it has gone down to 5, and now only 2years? smile_shock.gif

Yes, now went down to 2 years with a cheaper price too.

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (monroe @ Mar 2 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, now went down to 2 years with a cheaper price too.

must have downgrade their product smile_shock.gif or the warranty killing them sterb324.gif

intermilan

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

intermilan

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
have used it b4. buy at JJ maluri.
can only tahan the non-sense performance for 3 days. total rubbish. more like a defective wiper. i am so piss off and shock. even the previous 8 month old rubber wiper does the job better. then had to switch back to old rubbers. luckily managed to return it back to JJ and change it for somrthing within the same value (price).

i did make call to their number for that 3 days (a lot numbers of times) with intent to complaint but all when unanswered (nobody pick up!).

dura edge? never again..

monroe

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

monroe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
QUOTE (intermilan @ Mar 4 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have used it b4. buy at JJ maluri.
can only tahan the non-sense performance for 3 days. total rubbish. more like a defective wiper. i am so piss off and shock. even the previous 8 month old rubber wiper does the job better. then had to switch back to old rubbers. luckily managed to return it back to JJ and change it for somrthing within the same value (price).

i did make call to their number for that 3 days (a lot numbers of times) with intent to complaint but all when unanswered (nobody pick up!).

dura edge? never again..

I thought I'm the only one who has problem with Dura Edge wiper. Used for half a month, weird sound from the wiper, later found out caused by loosen part on wiper frame. Went to HQ to claim for warranty, helpful technician helped to fix the wiper. No more weird sound but after a month my wiper 'skip/jump' when wiping and later found out the silicon is very hard, harder than my original car wiper rubber!! Now I left the dura edge wiper at my home, still havn't send for warranty claim yet. dura edge? never again.. too...

vr2turbo

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (monroe @ Mar 4 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought I'm the only one who has problem with Dura Edge wiper. Used for half a month, weird sound from the wiper, later found out caused by loosen part on wiper frame. Went to HQ to claim for warranty, helpful technician helped to fix the wiper. No more weird sound but after a month my wiper 'skip/jump' when wiping and later found out the silicon is very hard, harder than my original car wiper rubber!! Now I left the dura edge wiper at my home, still havn't send for warranty claim yet. dura edge? never again.. too...

Aiyoh, Dura Edge got so many complaint, no wonder shorten the warranty.
My friend also got use. Wiper blade cleans well, but it was the stopper/holder that gave way while in use.
When this happened, the wiper blade started to slide out of the frame and the metal part of the wiper scratched the windscreen. By the time my friend stop the wiper it was too late and got deep scratch on the windscreen.
Even though Dura Edge repaired the wiper for free, the damage is the windscreen.... smile_sad.gif

monroe

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

monroe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 4 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiyoh, Dura Edge got so many complaint, no wonder shorten the warranty.
My friend also got use. Wiper blade cleans well, but it was the stopper/holder that gave way while in use.
When this happened, the wiper blade started to slide out of the frame and the metal part of the wiper scratched the windscreen. By the time my friend stop the wiper it was too late and got deep scratch on the windscreen.
Even though Dura Edge repaired the wiper for free, the damage is the windscreen.... smile_sad.gif

Sorry to hear about your friend's problem. I'd changed my wiper to soft bone type sillicon wiper, hopefully can reduce the chances of scratching the windscreen.

V406198

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (monroe @ Mar 4 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to hear about your friend's problem. I'd changed my wiper to soft bone type sillicon wiper, hopefully can reduce the chances of scratching the windscreen.

Funny, i got very positive results on my dura edge silicone wiper that brought 5 years ago from tesco until the metal arm are wear off last year and scratch my wind screen so do the claim from their taman mayang HQ and with their very helpfull management & staff to replace totally new set of wiper + free wind screen polish...today i still a happy man with dura edge wiper...but not sure in the future ....

2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

vr2turbo

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Mar 4 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny, i got very positive results on my dura edge silicone wiper that brought 5 years ago from tesco until the metal arm are wear off last year and scratch my wind screen so do the claim from their taman mayang HQ and with their very helpfull management & staff to replace totally new set of wiper + free wind screen polish...today i still a happy man with dura edge wiper...but not sure in the future ....

My friend don't know considered lucky or unlucky?
Later on, stone hit windscreen, so claim insurance and change windscreen... smile_thumbup.gif

Wiper don't know whether still using or not, but I think still using, because he never mentioned of any change...

rdgs,