Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Sylphy Sound System

• Please log in to reply

ballymack

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

ballymack

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hi friends
i need some advice.All 4 speakers are at the doors.Is it advisable to add on speakers at the back of the sylphy?I got the luxury package and so far am happy with the player and only want to add on speakers.I got 2 3 way 400 watts kenwood speakers that i kept from my old car.Is it advisable to replace the stock speakers at the rear door or add on the 2 that i have at the back

Is it recommended to install sp mat in the car doors for sound proofing. Will it instigate tweaking sounds etc in the future

Appreciate some advice

SplitFire

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (ballymack @ Feb 26 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi friends
i need some advice.All 4 speakers are at the doors.Is it advisable to add on speakers at the back of the sylphy?I got the luxury package and so far am happy with the player and only want to add on speakers.I got 2 3 way 400 watts kenwood speakers that i kept from my old car.Is it advisable to replace the stock speakers at the rear door or add on the 2 that i have at the back

Is it recommended to install sp mat in the car doors for sound proofing. Will it instigate tweaking sounds etc in the future

Appreciate some advice

Why do you need to take out the rear door speakers? Just install the additional 3 ways at behind, plus a decent amp & electronics crossover on top of that, shouldn't cost much. I'm not sure what kind of sound qualty you're expecting in the 1st place.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

ballymack

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

ballymack

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Feb 26 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do you need to take out the rear door speakers? Just install the additional 3 ways at behind, plus a decent amp & electronics crossover on top of that, shouldn't cost much. I'm not sure what kind of sound qualty you're expecting in the 1st place.

Hi mate.Thanks for the advice.WIll do exactly that.Cheers

limking

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:08 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Feb 26 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure or not ,it will be o'kay ? No offense. My car also have 3 pair of 6 1/2" component speakers ( all o'kay ones ) and a 10" subwoofer plus a 4way amp plus a mono block and also electronic crossover and a 6band pre amp.Problem is that sometimes in fact most of the time found that it's abit too noisy in the front but the back is o'kay. My guess too many speakers .Last time only 2 pair ,a pair in the front door panel and a pair in the rear then it was o'kay.Hands get ichy and add 1 more pair at the rear door panel now condition abit noisy.My opinion should not install any more speakers , just install a sub woofer + 4way amp + monoblock + 3way electronic crossover will be much more better and logical otherwise if just add another 1 pair of 3way speaker , audio will sound abit rojak.Most important get a good tuner to do the tuning otherwise no matter how good or how high end all your audio components are , with a lousy tuner your audio will sound lousy as well.
Just my 2cents worth . smile_tongue.gif
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

fkmfkm

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
just get a good component up front...add an amp for it...

if you want some good bass...add another sub at the trunk...

if you want to add some ambience just play your stock speaker at the rear low volume...

iceforever

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

iceforever

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 835 posts
Hi-Fi systems, whether be them home or car systems, the best is to keep them simple.
The saying "too many cooks spoilt the soup" really explains the senerio here.
Ideally for ICE, just a 3 way component system at the front and a single 12" sub at the rear and powered by the appropriate amps and tune properly via crossovers are enough to impress any audio freaks out there.
And of course not forgetting proper installation.

ballymack

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

ballymack

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your advice mate. KF AUDIO is the best.I installed Boston acoustics component speakers for 1 k. Sounds perfect man. Will add on alpine active subwoofers in a month's time. And as a bonus to me the chick there is hot. Cheers everyone

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ballymack @ Mar 2 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your advice mate. KF AUDIO is the best.I installed Boston acoustics component speakers for 1 k. Sounds perfect man. Will add on alpine active subwoofers in a month's time. And as a bonus to me the chick there is hot. Cheers everyone

No wonder you are doing bit by bit, so that you can go back again (to see the chick).... smile_big.gif

SplitFire

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 2 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No wonder you are doing bit by bit, so that you can go back again (to see the chick).... smile_big.gif

And dun forget to bug them every week say this got weird sound that sometime no sound. (To get to know the chick.) smile_tongue.gif
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

ballymack

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

ballymack

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Yeah man. Exactly the reason. When she speaks it's as if she is whispering....sooooooo sensual make my bulu and all other things go up to the moon. Tomorrow i predict my speaker got problem lo... ha ha ha ha smile_wink.gif